Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #12


Happy 4th of July! I'm B-A-C-K with more posters. None of these this time as exciting as the fireworks that are probably wiz-banging around your neighborhood at the moment...but they are all NEW to me.



NIGHT OF THE HOWLING BEAST:

This cheap-o two-color poster for one of the Paul Naschy werewolf flicks has titillated me for years. It's a Naschy...but it's kind of boring/lame. I wanted it--but didn't want to pay too much for one. I've lost out on these time and time again. I scored one tonight. Now I'm second guessing my victory.... Ha!




THE LONELY SEX:

I already have two other copies of this poster. Why did I need a third? Argh! But I couldn't let it go by cheaper (and apparently in nice condition) than the other two I got. I've never seen this but know it predates PSYCHO and has some of the same themes. It's supposed to be good, but I have heard the available DVD is edited somewhat...so I'll wait to see it.






WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE (military):

I may never (i.e. NEVER) get an original WHEN WORLDS COLLIDE one sheet. However, I picked up this military version for less than $20. I still should have passed on it---it's kind of dull being only in red and white instead of full color---but...  I remember seeing this in a theatrical re-release with WAR OF THE WORLDS in the 1970s.




THE LAST JEDI:

I already have one of these (I think). I couldn't resist a second copy (only $5 at some obscure auction. Yowza!)





DINOSAUR:

Zowie--I have NO MEMORY of this coming out, really. It must have been a stinking flop? We will soon see. i found an super cheap copy on Amazon and I'll soon see why this movie's franchise died before any sequels were produced... Ha! And while we are at it---why NOT get the poster?





SILENT SCREAM:

I remember when this movie came out---the ad on TV made me really want to see it. I was ever so disappointed. Kind of like this disappointing poster. I had one once before, but sold it off years and years ago. Why a new copy? Because I am stupid that way...





CANNIBAL FEROX (aka MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY) (Italian 2F):

This movie is possibly the biggest gross out cannibal horror movie ever---certainly one of the most notorious ("CANNIBAL HOLOCAUST" might actually own that claim). I have the US one sheet under the title "MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY", but have long wanted one with the title CANNIBAL FEROX---it's original Italian title that many still prefer to call it today. So I finally scored the Italian 2F for it. Hooray!




ONE FLEW OVER THE CUCKOO'S NEST (awards style):

It's an Oscar-winning classic. Why not? (But really? They went with that picture? Hmm.)





THE SAILOR WHO FELL FROM GRACE WITH THE SEA:

I've never seen this flick, but also remember when it came out---it was a quasi-popular something people went to see at the time. I thought the poster was quasi-interesting, with the woman's legs blending into Kris Kristofferson's bell bottoms.





SGT. KABUKIMAN NYPD:

Here's a Troma flick I've never seen (It looked dumb). Why not snag the poster?






And that's it. No fizzle. No pop. It was a dud. Oh well, maybe I'll have better luck NEXT 4th of July.





CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this