Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 136

January 13, 2017, 12:15:47 AM




EEEEK!  It's a special FRIDAY THE 13th posting!!!!!  Most of these purchases are older. I've really curtailed my spending out of necessity. I do have posts ready to go through March though... so hopefully that will hold me over post-wise on here until I can get some bills paid off.

And, one last thing before we get to the posters, a while back I got a poster for a movie called TERROR IN THE JUNGLE. There was only a short clip of the flick available on Youtube at the time, but someone has been wonderful enough to post it in its entirety. Do NOT watch the whole thing. The best part is the first 27 minutes. It is so over-the-top wonderfully bad. You will LOVE it (maybe). The very beginning is painfully awful to watch---but once they get to the airport, the entire flight, and up until the annoying kid is all alone is priceless trash! It's better than all of the AIRPORT movies combined in less than 30 minutes!

Check it out or don't:  https://youtu.be/PiaqiLbqew4



And now, since you were unlucky enough to stumble in here.... here are the posters. Yikes!!


SHAUN OF THE DEAD:

I know. I know. Everyone has had one of these for years. Everyone but ME, that is. Yahoo! I got mine FINALLY!















BLACK SHEEP (British Quad):

Although I bought the DVD as soon as I first heard of this flick...I was disappointed. A British horror comedy about a killer sheep...sounded fun, but...something didn't work for me. Ewe get what you pay for, I guess. (Ba-a-a-a-d joke.) Anyway, came across the quad and thought it was kind of fun...and it was cheap.




NAKED EXORCISM (aka THE POSSESSOR, CRIES AND WHISPERS, THE RETURN OF THE EXORCIST) (British quad):

Hot diggity! I love my EXORCIST rip-offs. This one is especially dumb and cheap--but I dig it. I first saw it on VHS as THE POSSESSOR eons ago and have been trying to track down paper on it ever since. I'd settle for a video poster if I had to. Luckily I scored this British quad under its UK title NAKED EXORCISM. Yes, i know. No one else is excited but me. That's fine.




THE STEPFATHER:

Normally I would have passed on this...but it was inexpensive. The STEPFATHER films were okay...but tended to be all the same. But the first one was a decent little thriller and did inspire two sequels, a remake and some knock-offs. It also more or less put Terry O'Quinn on the map.






HOUSE OF THE CRAZIES:

I think I have one of these---or do I? Just to be sure, here is (another) copy. Cool poster.





EMPIRE OF THE ANTS (British Quad):

I know most people don't bother with Bert I. Gordon's 70's opuses FOOD OF THE GODS and EMPIRE OF THE ANTS. They're guilty pleasures of mine. I proudly have one sheets for both. This British quad for ANTS is really nicely done...and completely different than the US version. And what an interesting cast---JOAN COLLINS, Pamela Susan Shoop (death by theraputic jacuzzi in "Halloween 2"), Robert Pine (the boss guy on "CHiPs"), John David Carson and Robert Lansing. And GIANT ANTS!!! Ha!





DEMONS:

Dario Argento produced, Lamberto Bava directed...this was a hit horror film I was lucky enough to see in the theater (which was weird as it takes place in a theater). Great horror flick that inspired at least one true sequel and several rip-offs/imitators. I already had one---this was an upgrade.






EMBODIMENT OF EVIL (Brazilian):

Oooo...The final film in the Coffin Joe trilogy. Ze do Caixao ("Coffin Joe"), the character, appeared in many low-budget Brazilian movies made by actor/writer/director Jose Mojica Marins. The first Coffin Joe flick was AT MIDNIGHT I'LL TAKE YOUR SOUL (1963). It was followed by THIS NIGHT I'LL POSSESS YOUR CORPSE (1967). The story line finally concluded in 2008 with this film, EMBODIMENT OF EVIL (which utilized a young look-a-like actor in the younger Coffin Joe flashbacks). I have the 2nd and now 3rd poster in the trilogy (as well as other Coffin Joe posters), now I just need to track down the first one.





THE BLOODY EXORCISM OF COFFIN JOE (Brazilian):

The EMBODIMENT OF EVIL poster above was a bonus find from the same dealer who had this poster. Yowza! THE BLOODY EXORCISM OF COFFIN JOE (US title---it was clearly called EXORCISMO NEGRA or BLACK EXORCISM in Brazil) dates back to 1974 and is one of the few Coffin Joe posters left I really, really wanted. There was another of those coveted titles (INFERNO CARNAL aka HELLISH FLESH) someone had for sale. I was watching it, stupidly waiting until I could afford it. It was re-listed a time or two and then...someone ELSE snagged it. ARGH! So when this one popped up, i just bit the bullet and charged it. But yippy yippy yeah! This film, clearly inspired by the success of THE EXORCIST and released approximately 1 year later (December 1974) is not your typical possession film. In many ways it is a precursor to Wes Craven's NEW NIGHTMARE in that Jose Mojica Marins plays himself and states on a talk show that Coffin Joe is not real, that he just plays the part in movies. He then sets off to write a movie about exorcism at remote house...and strange things start to happen. Not the best COFFIN JOE movie (the trilogy mentioned above is your best bet to sample Coffin Joe), but I'm glad to have the poster. FINALLY!





WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS:

Ooooo oooo oooo!  This is my prize this posting. (The 1974 Coffin Joe was a very close 2nd...) I have wanted this poster for decades. It has grown out of my financial grasp in the last 10 years or so---always tauntingly just out of my reach. There was one on emovie not too long ago and I fought hard to get it---but the price just went where I dared not go. So...I lost it. Then I came across this one, much cheaper and SOLD!!!!!!!  Zowie! It's cool enough that a movie called WEREWOLVES ON WHEELS actually exists, but the poster --with a motorcycle-riding werewolf, clutching an upside down chick (who is herself holding a snake) while running over some guy--is totally awesome! How can you NOT dig this piece of exploitation sleaze-genius!? LOVE IT!!!!



That is it for this time. If we both survive this unluckiest of days (EEEK!), I'll see you on the 15th for my regular post.

Now, like the gif says...



Happy Friday the 13th!!!!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this