Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 143

February 08, 2017, 11:28:56 PM

This is turning into a weird mini-bonus post. I was cleaning out my "drafts" section of my email files and came across this. In my FAILED attempt at the beginning of 2016 to only buy posters I wanted/needed, I posted a list...my "Lucky 13". This was a list of wants i was going to focus on for the year. I was also going to ignore everything else---but that obviously did NOT happen. Ha!  Anyway, even though it has been a little more than a year, I thought I'd revisit this list and give it an update. NO, I did NOT get everything I hoped to (who can afford it?). BUT---I did score several. Look for the highlighted ones. Let's take a look:

"The Lucky 13"


I Walked With A Zombie (original)

Planet of the Apes

The Undead

Olga/Ilsa posters (Olga's Girls, Olga's Dance Hall Girls, Ilsa Harem Keeper of the Oil Shieks, Ilsa the Wicked Warden)

Aztec Mummy movies (Aztec Mummy, Curse of the Aztec Mummy, Aztec Mummy Vs The Robot)

James Bond (Goldfinger/Dr No combo, and future posters)

HG Lewis movies (Color Me Blood Red, Wizard of Gore, etc.)

Andy Milligan movies (Guru the Mad Monk, The Body Beneath, Torture Dungeon*, etc.) (*I have it, but am still looking for a better copy)

Blackenstein (Black Frankenstein)

The Blob (original)

The Birds

House on Haunted Hill (original)

Batman (60s)


So----there are still many I want to get....but with the few (4) I got, I just have to say...NOT too shabby. PLUS one of the ones listed above that was NOT checked off I DO have already. I'm saving it for a future post. Hmmm. Which could it be??? Can you guess?

Okay---lastly, I thought I'd just throw this up to get it out of the way. It's a poster I recently won (last night? Night before?). It's nothing big---so why save it?

THE PIRATE MOVIE:

Yet another scrap from my friend Scott's estate. I wouldn't have bothered (and may already have a copy?), but--even though I NEVER saw the flick, I did once meet Christopher Atkins and Kristy McNichol at some celeb thing and got a photo with them.So why not get the poster to go with it? Photo below (and ---ugh! I look hideous. This was, what? January 2010-ish?). Christopher Atkins could not have been nicer. Ms. McNichol though, while polite (I'm sure she wasn't thrilled having herself on display), (let's just say...) wasn't my favorite celebrity I've ever met. Of course, she may have been having a bad day...?




CHEERS and THANK YOU, as always, for your time and visit.

PS  I just dug through a box and, yep. I do already have a PIRATE MOVIE poster. Oh well. This one was Scott's...


February 15, 2017, 04:01:46 AM 


Since I am here, I might as well throw up ANOTHER hold over poster:


CARRIE (German):

Yes, it's another from my dead friend Scott's collection. I may already have a copy? It looks familiar. I don't know... 




Anyway, thanks for popping over and saying hello, you guys.

See ya next time (March 1st...if not sooner).

CHEERS!


February 17, 2017, 02:25:29 AM


Here is another quick-o-rama post.

LORD OF ILLUSION:

 It's a recent win from Rich again...hence the watermark. I am reasonably sure I have one of these already...but there's always a twinge of doubt, too. Whatever. The movie was okay. It was no HELLRAISER though. Speaking of HELLRAISER, whatever happened to the planned remake?




Good night.

CHEERS!


February 17, 2017, 09:02:37 PM


Below is a super quick video of 8 posters I've framed in the last few days. It's an entire 1 minute and 21 seconds long.




Watch it or don't.

I WILL be hanging some up on my walls very, VERY soon. I am sooooo excited at the prospect of having my posters up on my walls again. YIPPIE! I can NOT wait.

And since I'm here, I might as well post another minor poster purchase:


MOULIN ROUGE:

I probably have this already--maybe. Hmm...  There are a lot of styles for this movie, but this is the poster I like best. Again, this is from one of Rich's auctions. Thank you, Rich.



Okay---enjoy the rest of the month, I'll be back on the 1st with another post (as usual), if not sooner.




CHEEERS!


February 19, 2017, 12:18:39 AM


Here is another quickie poster posting:


THE WORLD IS NOT ENOUGH:

Even though this is a later JAMES BOND title and didn't cost an arm and a leg, I figure you can't go wrong with Bond. I already have this, but why not a spare? (Yes, another from Rich's auctions. Thanks Rich, as usual.)




Okay, thanks gentlemen once again for your visit. Happy collecting.



CHEERS!



February 20, 2017, 08:39:24 AM

I've got to get in the shower and get ready for work. But since I'm answering, here is another bonus mini-post:


THE LITTLE GIRL WHO LIVES DOWN THE LANE (alternate style):

This is NOT from my friend Scott's collection. This is supposedly a rarer B-style one sheet that i do not ever think Scott had or was aware of. It was inexpensive ($7.99 plus shipping). So--I sort of bought it in his honor as I knew he was a fan of the film. I thought it would go well with my other rare style. I DID get from his estate.




Thanks for visiting.  Off to the shower I go...





CHEERS!


February 21, 2017, 04:11:57 PM


Here's a mini-bonus post...

PERILS OF THE JUNGLE:

I know nothing about this flick, but l LOVED the art---and couldn't let it get away.





CHEERS!


February 22, 2017, 04:10:12 PM

I have framed 5 more posters, one of which I have NOT yet shared on my thread. (I am saving it until way off on my April 15th posting, which is also my birthday.) You, TED, were the inspiration for me to track down this extra special poster. THANK YOU. If you watch the video, PLEASE do NOT mention it on my thread just yet. (Hmm. Maybe I should bump it up to my March 1st post?)  Anyway, here is the video of newly framed posters a go-go. Watch or don't:




And, golly, since I am here again, I might as well do another mini-post as well. It IS my mother's birthday, after all. Here is this:



METEOR (International):

Different than the US poster. Not the best disaster flick ever, but enough to bankrupt AIP. Yikes!




Thanks for visiting, as always.



See ya next time.

CHEERS!



February 22, 2017, 08:21:32 PM

UGH.  I know I just posted a few hours ago, but it is time for a poster room update! (Not that anyone cares...)

As you can see from the poster below, my hall closet is now FREE of poster tubes:



Where did they go? Well...they are in the poster room, under a big table that I will eventually put my flat file on once I get it painted. (excuse the mess):


Eventually, I want to get another flat file and stack one on the other. I have my eye on one, but it needs to wait a while. Once i get the second flat file, the table will shift to under the window (where the desk is now) and the desk will to the wall opposite of where the table is now. That way, i'll have the table available for framing and other poster chores (photographing, packing up for selling, etc.)

In the mean time though, my poster room closet still looks like this:



Baby steps, right?  Once I am all fixed up in here, have the flat files, and have gone through the tubes, THEN I can start my spread sheet. Phew!

And since I am here AGAIN, here is another bonus mini-post:

KING COBRA (Australian Daybill):

This is another example of the (way too) many purchases because they are moderately interesting and cheap. I picked this up on eMovie the other day. Never saw the flick and, as I said, the poster is moderately interesting. Only $7. Not complaining a bit. Just...did I NEED it? Nope...




Okay...I'll be seeing you.

CHEERS!


February 23, 2017, 06:34:46 PM

Here is yet another mini-bonus since I'm here again today:

BLADES:

I don't suppose many people saw BLADES...at least not in the theater. I did. It's from Troma, so you have some idea of what to expect. The tag line reads "Just when you thought it was safe to putt...", which may give you some idea of what this movie is. It's about a killer lawn mower...on a golf course...done as a spoof of JAWS. I thought it was clever (at least I did at the time. I'm not sure what I'd think as an adult...). I probably already have this and did NOT need this. But it's mine now.




Thanks for visiting. See ya next time.


CHEERS!




I'm back...with a (less than thrilling) poster room update.  I have the flat file (it's HUGE), painted and in the poster room, on the table. I still need to attach the handles to the drawers---but I'll get to it eventually. While going through stuff, I found a whole bunch of rolled posters (some had previously been folded) I had completely forgotten about. Some had edge damage from their poor previous storage (I didn't even realize these were movie posters---oops!), but most are fine or not too bad (if damaged at all). There was a rolled DS MULHOLLAND DR., a cool but smaller (in English) GODZILLA VS MEGALON (with lots of monsters on it) I didn't know I had, an INVASION OF THE BLOOD FARMERS I had also forgotten about and lots, lots more. I have not even looked at it all yet (because I can NOT figure out how to keep them flat in the flat file...so there is a mass of rolled posters on top waiting for storage).  Here's a picture of the flat file in the poster room. It's HUGE!


Since I'm here, it's BONUS mini-post time again:

THE AMAZING CAPTAIN NEMO:

This is something else i could have lived without, but... This is the International one sheet. I doubt there was a domestic version as the movie originally aired on TV as a 2 part mini-series before being edited down into this movie version for foreign release. I constantly amazed by the crap we used to get on TV for free that others had to pay to see in theaters. Ha!  



Okay--back to trying to figure out storing rolled posters in a flat drawer...  Thanks for stopping by.



CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this