Skip to main content

*Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 123

October 15, 2016, 12:01:35 AM




It's mid-October...already. It's just two weeks until Halloween...can your heart stand the TERROR of trick-or-treaters at your door every five minutes?  EEEEEK!

I'm broke. I know I say this a lot--but it's true. Everything on this post was purchased in August. (I think.)  But here is what I have to share with you this month. Enjoy (or don't):


POPCORN:

What a great image--the face is just a mask. I saw this movie and know I wanted to like it---but don't think it clicked for me...and now I don't really remember it at all.  This came out around the time of "MATINEE"--"MATINEE" was a sort of homage to William Castle and his gimmicks for his movies (and featured the faux movie "MANT" (Half man, half ant!). This seemed to want to go that same route initially (there was a revival of some old gimmick movies or something like that) and then sort of devolved into this haunted theater with a Freddy Kreuger-like ghost--or a weirdo pretending to be a phantom? Hmmm. Something like that. I don't know....maybe I should see it again? Anyway--I've always loved the poster and have wanted to get one (I don't think I have one yet...do I?)




GURU THE MAD MONK:

Yahoo! Believe it or not, this poster was on my bucket list (along with a few other poster titles from trash movie auteur Andy Milligan). While not as trashy/fun as the posters for THE RATS ARE COMING-THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE or BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS or even TORTURE DUNGEON...it's still a cool poster. In Milligan's case...his posters were usually better than the crappy films he cranked out. I am down to just two or three of his posters on my list. Do I recommend the actual film to anyone? NO. But I do dig the poster.





APE.:

I already have this poster...and love it. It's one of the many posters I have framed. However, when I was moving it, I spotted this tan line on it that had not been there before. Acid reaction? Hope not. But I picked this one up to rep[lace it. Such a cool poster for such a crappy flick. Ha!





EL TOPO (German):

Finally some paper for EL TOPO, Alejandro Jordowosky's amazing cult film from the early 70s. Jordowosky is an amazing cinematic genius (for the most part). I was not fond of Fando Y Lis, his first film, nor was I pleased with THE DANCE OF REALITY (or any of the films he made for others)....but EL TOPO, HOLY MOUNTAIN, and SANTA SANGRE are just brilliant! I am looking forward to his next film, POESIA SIN FIN and am hopeful he gets to make his long-planned sequel to EL TOPO. There is nothing pedestrian about a Jordowosky film.





ALIEN NATION ( Turkish):

Never saw the movie--or the TV series--but I got the gist of it. I got this strictly because of the interesting artwork.




FROGS:

Today the pond...tomorrow the world! Here's the poster for the camp classic nature-gone-amuck flick FROGS. Gotta love the hand in the frog's mouth, Ha! Yes, this is another copy...hopefully an upgrade.




DRACULA - PRINCE OF DARKNESS (small French):

Not in the best shape, but not bad...I thought I'd pick up this French Hammer Dracula poster to go with my French Hammer werewolf poster I got last November (?).





SHOCK WAVES:
Hey, I finally got one. I spent a bit more than I planned on, but that's okay. I just hope that,. as I dig through my boxes, I do NOT discover I already  have one (or two...or...)





CANNIBAL and THE PSYCHIC KILLER British Quad combo:

Oooo I have long wanted one of these. The PSYCHIC KILLER is interesting to look at, but I am , of course, more drawn to the CANNIBAL side. This is the British release of LAST CANNIBAL WORLD or, as it was known in n the USA, THE LAST SURVIVOR. Finally got one. Yowza!





CREATURE WITH THE ATOM BRAIN (3-sheet on linen):

Ooooo crap-a-rama. This is a hold over from eMovie's August major auction. Ouch. I spent way, way, WAY too much on this. EEEK!  I had bid an amount (under $200...like $168 or something). I was at the laundromat (UGH! Remember this was back in August. i was not in my house yet.) I just happened to look at my phone and saw the outbid notice. By the time I got logged on and everything, there were literally seconds left before this closed. YIKES! I just bid a number---not even registering how high I'd gone or that i was secretly HOPING to be outbid (I was outbid on the other items I had bid on and just let them go). Even during those last 5 minutes of extended time bidding I was hoping to be outbid. It didn't happen and this is mine. Oooooo I do love it. i think it is gorgeous and thrilling. It's my first 3-sheet (how in the heck am I going to frame it/hang it?) and my 2nd linen poster. I've never seen this movie--and am guessing it's a pretty crappy B movie, but I LOVE the poster. Yowza!  I'm working an extra shift tomorrow and that still won't pay for this. Ha!  Oh well... I think it's just gorgeous.



That's it for now. Enjoy the end of October and the spookiest of holidays...




HAPPY HALLOWEEN!!

Boo!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this