Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 131

December 24, 2016, 12:06:16 AM 




'Twas the night before Christmas and all through blog land, not much was going on...  I guess that is as it should be.

But here's a Christmas Eve BONUS post. Enjoy or don't:



OFFICE CHRISTMAS PARTY (British Quad):

I thought I should have at least one semi-Christmas-y poster on the Christmas Eve post, so i quickly bid on/won this for the equivalent of $1.24 (too funny) (plus postage). I don't know anything about this flick, other than it is playing right now. Good? Bad? I have no idea...but ho ho ho!




BASKET CASE (Australian Daybill):

I don't know why more people don't remember the original BASKET CASE more fondly. What a wonderful piece of bizarre-o psychotronica! I have a one sheet or two for it, but have always dug on this Australian daybill...and so, voila! Here's a copy for me. If you've never seen this--SEE IT!  (Skip the awful snore-inducing sequels, but check the freakazoid-a-go-go original flick out! It's wild!  I remember sneaking out of the house to see a midnight showing of this while in high school. Ha! These little low-budget gems just don't exist any more.)




Andy Warhol's FLESH (German):

Oh joy...this is mine. I'd love to have more Andy Warhol movie posters for US releases, but for some reason, most go crazy high. Here is a German release for FLESH. There is a plastic bag on the poster which makes the poster look wrinkled/saggy. I also won the German poster for Andy Warhol's HEAT (called HOLLYWOOD in Germany) at the same time. The poster featured a topless Sylvia Miles and a peek at Joe Dallesandro's pubes. However, when the seller was removing it from wherever he had it stored, it ripped. Waaaagh! Oh well. At least I got FLESH.




WAYNE'S WORLD:

This was not too expensive and I thought I'd get it (do i already have one? Hmm...) as WAYNE'S WORLD is kind of an early 90s iconic bit o' pop culture.  Party on. Excellent!




HOBO WITH A SHOTGUN:

I THOUGHT I had a copy of this poster (and I may still have one somewhere). However, when i was going through my boxes (only got half way through), I came across a small copy--11x17 or something like that. Is THAT the full-sized poster I thought I had? Hmm. Anyway, glad to have this based-on-a-GRINDHOUSE-trailer movie poster for the feature film. The film was fun, too...kind of like how the first MACHETE was.




WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S:

Like the WAYNE'S WORLD poster was to the early 90s, WEEKEND AT BERNIE'S is a quasi-iconic film from the late 80s. Getting the poster wouldn't hurt.




SWAMP THING:

This is something I picked up at eMovie's Black Friday sale. I was never a SWAMP THING fan, but I see this poster selling for $$$ a lot. So, while it was cheap, I got one for myself. Thanks eMovie.





TARZAN'S HIDDEN JUNGLE (linen):

This is one of the Gordon Scott (Talking Tarzan #3 after Johnny Weissmuller and Lex Barker) TARZAN posters I did NOT have yet. (I think.) This was the FIRST of the Scott Tarzans and starred his future wife (and future ex-wife), Vera ("Psycho") Miles. On linen unfortunately...but I had to try for it any way as I love my Tarzan movies. I bid on so many and when I came home, I found I only scored two: this one and the one below.




TARZAN TRIUMPHS and TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY (linen re-release combo):

This poster was accompanied by this blurb in the eMovie auction: "Important Added Info: Note that we have never seen this poster before! Each of these movies have 1949 re-release movie paper (mostly lobby cards), but both of those re-releases have different NSS numbers than this one-sheet. Therefore, we strongly suspect that theaters in 1949 were given the option to either show one of the movies or both, and that they created re-release movie paper for each individual re-release, as well as for the double-bill release, and it is possible that only a one-sheet was created for theaters that wanted to show the double-bill. You would not expect that this would be one of the most rare Tarzan one-sheets there is, but we suspect that few, if any, theaters ordered this poster, which would account for why it is so rare, and why have never auctioned it before!" Zowie! Even though it was a re-release/combo for some of the last of the Weissmuller TARZANs (the Sol Lesser years... and they were "lesser" movies...)--and this is my 2nd poster with Weissmuller as Tarzan, I really wanted this one (over some of the other choice Tarzan posters offered) due to its rarity. It's no secret TARZAN is one of my favorite series...and I'm thrilled to get this. Even though it's on linen (Blah!)




X: THE MAN WITH X-RAY EYES:

Wow! Wow! Wow!!!  I have long wanted this poster and it has always been just beyond my grasp. This time, I just went for it...and it was mine. I spent far more than i wanted...and had no business doing so...but...




That's it for this posting. Now, if you are reading this early in the day, remember to make it an early night. And if you are reading this late today....eeek!  Get to bed quick!  Santa is on his way and he expects to find you asleep with visions of movie posters dancing thru your head. Then you'll wake up in the morning and find that he has left you that amazing (fill in the blank) poster you ALWAYS wanted. (That is, if you were good. If you were naughty, you get ZILCH once again. Ha!)




Have a super groovy cha-cha-cha Christmas!

Ho ho ho!

CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this