Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 125

November 01, 2016, 12:16:23 AM



Hi there! Did you survive Halloween? I hope so...

I am really, really running out of new stuff to post as you'll see in the lackluster posting below. (And I've been warning you this was gonna happen for weeks now...)

Let's take a look...


SINDBAD THE SAILOR:

Not to be confused with the Guy Williams movie of the same name (and the same unfortunate alternate spelling), this poster is for an animated adventure (which i've never seen). I picked this up just because I have almost every Sinbad movie poster (except the `1947 version with Douglas Fairbanks Jr. Were there any more I missed?).



SEX AND THE CITY (Style B):

What the heck is THIS doing in the Shock-A-Rama Poster Show?  I told you it was getting to be slim pickings around here...  Actually, if you must know. I liked/watched the TV series. I had heard the show was good from co-workers years ago while it was on, so (just like I do now because i do not watch TV / do not have cable) I bought the various season sets (having never seen the show) and watched them. Sure, it was a chick show (my first clue SHOULD have been it was the various women in my department at the newspaper that were the ones talking about it)...but since I had bought the entire series i stuck with it. It was entertaining. I did see both of the movies...eh. I wasn't impressed with either of them--but have a poster for each title i think. I got this one because it features the 4 main characters (and it was CHEAP). Did i need it? No. But it had been DAYS since my last poster fix (remember, most of these other posters below were purchased in August before I moved back to my house)....so....




THE BOYS NEXT DOOR:

Another film I have never seen, but always meant too, THE BOYS NEXT DOOR isn't quite a horror movie...but it's about two recent high school graduates (Maxwell Caulfield and Charlie Sheen) who kind of go a bit bonkers and go on a crime spree. I think. I've heard a lot of good things about this film and could kick myself as i always seemed to see this in the bargain bin at video stores back in the VHS era...and I NEVER picked it up. Oh well. Maybe I'll catch it some day...





THERE WAS A LITTLE GIRL:

Yes, I DO already have one of these---gotten not so long ago. Why a second copy? This one appears to be in better shape than the one I scored before. I hope so. I've just GOT to sell some of my posters soon---I am THAT financially strapped. (No, i will NOT be selling my really good stuff. Just dupes and stuff i don't care about...).  I bought this in early August.





SEXUAL FANTASIES USA:

Gimmick Alert!  The first audience participation adult film? ESP-Erotic Sensation Profile? Ha!  I'm sure the "special device" everyone received was some slip of paper with a sexual point value thing or something like that. Ha!  Scam gimmick---but I had to have it. Another August purchase.





THAR SHE BLOWS:

I'm a sucker for those Something Weird-esque nudies (like THE EROTIC ADVENTURES OF ZORRO or TRADER HORNEE). I should have let it go, but....THAR SHE BLOWS!



DELIRIUM:

I've never seen DELIRIUM; don't think I've ever heard of it. However, to me, this poster is NOT DELIRIUM. Instead, if you've ever seen Something Weird's presentation of the never theatrically released MONSTER AT CAMP SUNSHINE, you'll recognize the poster art for DELIRIUM used for the CAMP SUNSHINE art work. (This was paired with THE BEAST THAT KILLED WOMEN on DVD---such a wild and awesome combo! Nudist camp horrors! Ha!)




ARABIAN ADVENTURE (English one sheet):

I've heard good things about this film and someday I would like to track it down. I have the US one sheet---but have always dug the English version. Do I have this already? I don';t think so... Hmm.Drat it! I DO own one already. i was just reviewing my thread and there, towards the beginning, is this same poster. ARGH! More wasted money buying a duplicate... Oh well.




DEVIL AT 4 O'CLOCK:

It's the early 60s disaster epic with Frank Sinatra and Spencer Tracy. I had never even heard of this flick until i caught the tail end of it playing in a tiki bar. Wow! Love my disaster flicks--and two classic stars. I already have a copy of this. This is just an upgrade.





GOLDFINGER and DR. NO (re-release combo):

Speaking of upgrades, this is the 3rd copy of this poster I've purchased. I think i FINALLY have one I can be happy with. I now have all of the one sheets from all of the Bond films (Dr. No thru On Her Majesty's Secret Service are the 80s re-release versions however). Whoo hoo!





JUNGLE MOON MEN:

Whoo hoo (again)...at last!  My first Jungle Jim poster. After he was deemed too old to play Tarzan (how rude...) and was replaced in the role by Lex Barker, Johnny Weismuller found new life as jungle adventurer Jungle Jim in a series of movies. I've never seen them (I haven't seen a lot of stuff surprisingly), but as a fan of the Tarzan films, I have wanted to include these posters. This one sounds fun. Moon men? Zowie!



And that's all for now.  You have survived the horrors of Halloween. Get ready though...election day is coming! That actually sounds like it could be VERY scary this year.  EEEK!

CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this