Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 130

December 15, 2016, 12:06:37 AM


Yikes! 2016 is winding down super quick...and Christmas will be here before you know it. I'M NOT ready yet. What I AM ready for though, is my usual middle-o'-the-month posting. Not a lot of choice items this time. I'm still reeling from my Heritage auction hits AND my loss of  disposable income from moving back into my house. But...whatever. It is what it is. (Well, there are two nearly last minute additions you may be surprised to see...) Here are the new posters:


MOMMIE DEAREST:

Nothing says happy holidays like a MOMMIE DEAREST poster.  This is actually a replacement for a framed print (EEEK!) a friend gave me a few years ago. Mold grew on the poster and the glass---so i just threw it away. I got this version to HOPEFULLY fool my friend into thinking I still have the poster. I can not believe I didn't already have a copy of this camp classic that ruined Faye Dunaway's career (in her mind. If she would only embrace the film and get over being embarrassed about it, life could go on...). No more wire hangers EVER! Ah, child abuse of the rich and famous.... Ho ho ho!





BLAIR WITCH:

I don't really know why I wasted $5 on this...other than it was only $5. I was curious about the sequel/reboot...but not curious enough to actually go and see it. Yes, it left the theaters before i could see it.  Oh well.




THE HANDS OF ORLAC:

What is this? Looks like a horror flick. For a bit, i thought it was somehow a Dr. Orloff sequel I had missed. Oops...Orloff/Orloc... Doesn't seem to be. Hmm.Any good? Poster was cheap.



NIGHT CREATURES:

Something else film-wise that I am unfamiliar with (although I've seen this poster several times). This has a few issues (seam tear on the right, tear by the H in NIGHT, etc. but it doesn't seem too bad. I've been looking for bargains lately since I'm so broke. But is the movie any good?




NIGHT CREATURES:

NO--you are NOT seeing double and I did NOT double post the same auction. This is an upgrade I scored about a week after getting the other copy. Ha!



LA VENGANZA DEL DOCTOR MABUSE (Spanish one sheet):

I had one of these before---and THINK I have another tucked away somewhere. (But am not sure...) When I posted the previous one on my thread, Rosa really liked this poster. It was by the artist Jano (one of her faves) and in the upper left corner it said it was from "Rosa Films". So, I sent that copy to her. When I saw this one--just to be sure I have one (I may have imagined I got another one before--who knows?), I bought it as well. Great condition and the art is striking, I think. No wait a minute...it was a DIFFERENT poster I sent Rosa. LOS OJOS DE ORLOFF or something like that (also by Jano). Ha. OOPS!



BEAST OF PARADISE ISLE and CREATURES OF THE JUNGLE (re-release combo):

Zowie! I have long wanted one of these. Cheesy 1957 double feature for movies I've never heard of? Wow!  For years as I'd see this poster come up and then slip through my fingers, I could have sworn BEAST FROM PARADISE ISLE must have been a re-titling of Roger Corman's ATTACK OF THE CRAB MONSTER. The crab on the poster certainly resembles the Corman version of the monster. But now that it's mine and I've had a chance to study it--ha! I find it's NOT a Corman re-title, but some turd called PORT SINISTER and CREATURES OF THE JUNGLE is really some snoozefest called THE WHITE ORCHID. Ha! low-budget exploiter Albert Zugsmith was one of the producers. He was the man behind such groovy turds as MOVIE STAR AMERICAN-STYLE OR LSD I HATE YOU (and I LOVE that poster) and SEX KITTENS GO TO COLLEGE (with Mamie Van Doren, Tuesday Weld and Brigitte Bardot's sister, Mijanou). As trashy as Zugsmith's movies were over all, he also produced classics such as THE INCREDIBLE SHRINKING MAN and Orson Well's TOUCH OF EVIL.




TASTE THE BLOOD OF DRACULA:

This is the 2nd of the Hammer Christopher Lee DRACULA first release US one sheets that I have. (The other being COUNT DRACULA AND HIS VAMPIRE BRIDE...which EVERYONE has). At one time I DID have DRACULA HAS RISEN FROM THE GRAVE, but I sold that off years ago (stupid me). Coming to the Hammer Dracula poster collection game this late in the game is going to make it hard to track them all down...but this makes it one less left to go.




FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS (style B):

Oh my stars... When I went to work last Sunday, I never expected to come home and find I'd won this. YOWZA!!!  The elusive style B of FEARLESS VAMPIRE KILLERS!  YaHOOO! I want to thank TED for posting his a long while back on my thread. I had NEVER seen it before and was stunned. It was gorgeous and it instantly made my MUST HAVE list. Cross it off the list now. Yahoooo!




THE CREATURE WALKS AMONG US:

Oh my stars!  I can't believe I got this. (Neither can my bank account.) There were SO MANY wonderful things in the recent eMovie major auction. There were more things I desperately wanted than in the last Heritage Auction (but then, i prefer eMovie any way). This auction was just exceptional though. I thought to myself---just GO for it.  i bid on several things I had no chance of winning. The one i wanted the most, LIFEBOAT, went for more than $2000. This one, my 2nd choice, thankfully stayed under $1,000...but not by much. Ouch! At least i FINALLY have myself an original poster for one of the CREATURE FROM THE BLACK LAGOON films, albeit the third and final one...but it's a start. And, ha! As a lover of gimmicks, it's ironic that I get the poster for the only one in the series that was NOT in 3D. Figures...



And yikes! There are only 9 shopping days left until Christmas. Stop looking at my silly poster thread and GET OUT THERE! By the way, I posted this elsewhere, but if you--whoever you are--would like a simple Christmas card from me, just PM me your address. I'll send a card your way. REALLY!


Happy holidays!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this