Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 152

April 15, 2017, 12:01:59 AM




Happy April 15th---one of the most hated and dreaded days of the year. Not only are income taxes traditionally due today (UGH!), it's also the day Abraham Lincoln died and the Titanic sank beneath the waves. More recently, it's the anniversary of the Boston Marathon bombing. Speaking of gloom and doom and utter tragedy, it's also my birthday. Ho hum. Here's my Happy Birthday To Me party for one (but you are all invited). See what "presents" (i.e. posters) I got for myself this year...



IT (2017 Advance):

Zowie! This is a quick-O last minute addition, just added on between when I posted my "new acquisitions" thread teaser to the actual posting here on this thread! Someone posted this new IT poster the other day. I think it's hot...especially the clown's face obscured by the balloon. I HOPE the movie lives up to its reputation---and the earlier incarnation and book. We'll see...  Glad I was able to add this on so last minute... I got IT. HA!






BLAST-OFF GIRLS:

Zowie, here is a rarity. From the late, great H. G. Lewis, the "godfather of gore" comes this non-horror offering from the way-out 60s, BLAST-OFF GIRLS!! What a thrill to have this. (Now if I could just score a "COLOR ME BLOOD RED" and "WIZARD OF GORE" I'd be set...) AWESOME!





PARENTS:

Someone on here got this poster not too long back. It reminded me that I, too, love this poster. The movie is just so-so (I thought). But I love the 50's/Donna Reed-esque perfect parents fixing a perfect dinner in their perfect kitchen. What makes the poster is if you know what dinner is (spoiler alert!). In the movie, their son asks his parents why they always have "leftovers". When they explain that they don't want to waste food, he then asks what was it before it was leftovers?" To which the dad says they were "leftovers to be." But what we later find out is that the parents are cannibals! Ha! The poster is like Norman Rockwell meets Charles Addams.





REPO MAN:

This was a cult hit back in the 80s...but it seems to have been largely forgotten today for some reason. I am thrilled though to finally get the poster. "Let's do some crimes." "Yea, like, let's get sushi and not pay." (I don't know why, but that bit o' dialogue from some minor characters still resonates in my head.) Odd little movie in a wonderful, quirky way...just do not look in the trunk.




DEMENTIA 13 (Australian daybill):

Somewhere I have a one sheet for DEMENTIA 13. But I really wanted this Australian daybill (which is virtually like the one sheet art-wise) simply because it has been re-titled ("The Haunted and the Hunted") and the original title has become a gimmick! It was "filmed entirely in shock-packed DEMENTIA 13". What a load of crap---I love it. And the movie is good too.






FREAKS (2016 re-release Italian 2 fogli):

I love this art, originally used for a Belgian release of the film under a different title. Anything on FREAKS is hard to find. This can't be that rare as it is from 2016. However, there haven't been many on our shores yet, and I consider myself LUCKY to have this.





PROMISES, PROMISES:

YOWZA!  I never thought I'd have one of these. I love me some Jayne Mansfield. My fave is THE WILD, WILD WORLD OF JAYNE MANSFIELD --and I have that one sheet and a few others. This was on my list to get, but I never thought it would be mine. But it IS!  There is another poster for this flick as well---but it is far more elusive...with Jayne laying on a bed nude with a sheet covering her in strategic locations. That can wait for a future birthday. In the mean time I have this beauty. (And, amazingly, this is one of the few Mansfield movies I have NOT seen. Ha!)





DOG EAT DOG (aka WHEN STRANGERS MEET):

Oh my stars! Speaking of Jayne Mansfield, this is my 2nd favorite film of hers (for all of the WRONG reasons, of course). The first 15 minutes or so are a snoozefest, but once they get to the island, Crackers! What a oddly, unintentional avant garde piece of cinema it becomes. I LOVE it. I have been looking for YEARS for a US one sheet and have NEVER seen one...until now (or IS this a US one sheet? It's 27x41...but SEX is spelled wrong at the top and there is no studio info at all). While NOT all that attractive, it is super rare and for an amazingly brilliant (I think) piece of trash. In this movie you get a way-past-her-prime Jayne doing her own thing (she truly seems to be in her own world while chaos reigns around her), an older woman with a few screws loose, a mysterious killer offing everyone one by one, Cameron Mitchell - who never takes the time to wash off the blood and grime that is all over his face, a balding, monocled butler who looks like he's from a 2nd rate (3rd rate?) touring company of "SUNSET BOULEVARD", and did I mention Jayne? See Jayne dance! See Jayne in a cat fight! See Jayne roll around in her undies on a bed full of money! See Jayne in constant heat! See a hefty Jayne run wild on a strange island in nothing but a feather trimmed negligee, a black eye, and extremely bad hair! Just so strange! WOW!  Anyway--I love the film. The poster is lame...but it is the ONLY paper I've ever seen for it.  And now it's mine. Yahoo!





EYES IN THE NIGHT:

I've no idea what this movie is, but apparently it is "startling as a scream"! Yowza! Hopefully it's a horror flick of some kind. I sure dig the vintage graphics---so i went for it. Hooray!




HOUSE OF HORRORS (linen):

Okay so this may not be the sought after Universal horror (DRACULA, FRANKENSTEIN, etc.), this is still Universal Horror to an extent. This is from 1946 and (Grrr...) another poster on linen. I paid way, WAY too much for it (another snipe bid while I was at work), but it's cool and vintage...and 71 years old. (In case you were wondering, YES---that IS older than I am. Thank you very much for asking. Geez... I'm 52 today. Joy...)






THE LAST MAN ON EARTH:

A cool Vincent Price film poster...gotta love it. Another off my VP list...




THE WIZARD OF GORE:

Zowie! This is a late addition to this post (it's been ready for weeks. I'm adding this in early April). Zowie! ANOTHER bucket list poster is MINE! THIS one. I love my HG Lewis, and I have a poster for his BLAST-OFF GIRLS above. I also had  a poster for his THIS STUFF'LL KILL YA in my last (April 3 Anniversary post). But getting this poster is HUGE to me. That means I just have ONE MORE of Lewis' horror posters left to get (COLOR ME BLOOD RED). I am uber thrilled. I just wish his posters were better (and more than the usual black, white and red)---but i'll TAKE it. Whoo hoo! This is an eMovie score. Thanks Bruce!  I am one happy camper!




SPECTRA (prop gun):

O' man... Here is something else I bid on but did NOT need and was hoping like crazy to be outbid on--but wasn't. I bid on this a while back---and forgot about it, until I got a notice saying I'd "won" it. Groan... What am I going to do with a toy rubber gun? I'd rather NOT have spent the money. Yikes!

"This is an HK VP9 9mm pistol Daniel Craig as James Bond takes from another agent in SPECTRE.It is not his usual Walther P99, but he does hold and use this gun on screen.
Rare to find anything Screen Used from any Bond film, let alone a weapon used by Bond himself.

"According to the Internet Movie Firearms Data Base," (It has a serial number apparently) "this was the very first and only screen use of this particular weapon, leaving absolutely no doubt what so ever of its origin and use."

I had never even HEARD of the Internet Movie Firearms Data Base before. Really? Something like that exists? I probably got ripped off...but hopefully it's authentic and was screen and Bond-used.






FRIDAY THE 13TH (British quad):

Yowza!  I am ever so thrilled (and surprised) to have finally scored a British FRIDAY THE 13TH quad. I have been wanting one of these forever. I love the US one sheet--but this one is also beyond cool...and completely different. I scored this a while ago---just kept it under wraps until now. Yahoo, What a great present to myself. Thank you, me! I love it.And it fits PERFECTLY!



That's it. All of the presents, er, uh...posters have been unwrapped. All that is left to do is make a wish and blow out my birthday candles. I hope YOUR next birthday is equally as festive--if not more so. Thanks for stopping by and sharing the day with me.



CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this