Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 154

April 19, 2017, 08:43:43 AM


Mini-BONUS Post time! (Only a few items left before my summer sabbatical...):

A DATE WITH DEATH:

I'm a sucker for a gimmick. PSYCHORAMA was a cool gimmick that used subliminal imagery to create scares, feelings of dread, happiness, etc. (I heard it disappeared because it was banned--fear that using subliminal suggestions like this would lead to making people do things they wouldn't normally do...or maybe it just gave people a headache?) There were TWO movies that used this process; MY WORLD DIES SCREAMING (re-released under the better title with a better poster as TERROR IN THE HAUNTED HOUSE) and this flick, A DATE WITH DEATH. Like a lot of other movies I have posters for, I have NOT seen either flick. I've had chances to, but I am waiting to HOPEFULLY see them in TRUE PSYCHORAMA some day (Rhino released a version with fake psychorama back in the vhs era.Ha!) Anyway, with this poster, I've gotten one sheets for both films (including the HAUNTED HOUSE re-titling). I am more or less done with this poster quest...unless i come across a half sheet or 3 sheet for TERROR IN THE HAUNTED HOUSE. Why? Because the half sheet and three sheet make mention of the PSYCHORAMA gimmick. The one sheet (which I have hanging in my hallway--and LOVE) sadly, does NOT.



CHEERS!



April 22, 2017, 12:09:05 AM



Here's a BONUS mini-post...just for you:

THE FOG (advance--remake):

Crappy movie. This was a free bonus poster when I bought something else. Whoopie...




CHEERS!



April 22, 2017, 11:53:22 PM



Here's another BONUS mini-post (and I am soooo running out of posters to use...):

3D FILM FESTIVAL:

Okay, so this is NOT your typical movie poster... Being the gimmick junkie that I am, I couldn't resist this poster which is advertising many 3D films, several of which I am not familiar with (and need to put on my list of posters to find down the road...). I wish I had been able to go to the festival. Old school 3D was literally in-your-face awesome and fun.  I'm a little worried this might be a fake as, guess who has one for sale on his eBay site (tloce). I did NOT buy this from him. I got it from someone else. But that someone else COULD have gotten his copy from tloce. UGH! OR it may be legit from some festival. I bought this BEFORE I saw tloce had one. Hmm.



CHEERS!



April 23, 2017, 11:57:09 PM



Here is another mini-bonus posting, possibly/probably my LAST mini-bonus posting for months to come. I have two more full-sized postings coming your way (A bonus posting April 30th and my usual beginning of the month post on May 1st)---and then that will be it at least until the fall...if not longer!  This mini-post is the LAST of my "extra" posters that did not make it in to the final two upcoming posts:


LOST HIGHWAY (British quad):

David Lynch. One of my faves (if not my favorite fave). Interesting yet weird movie.



FORTUNE AND MEN'S EYES:

This may never end up in a post of mine---not even a mini-bonus post. Why? Because I had no idea what i was buying once again. Not long back I bought a poster for some movie starring SAL MINEO ("Who Killed Teddy Bear" or something like that). I'll never be able to afford anything JAMES DEAN...so I figured I'd get a few Sal Mineo items. Except for a Planet of the Apes film, I have NEVER seen Sal Mineo in anything---NOT even (gasp! He MUST be kidding!) REBEL WITHOUT A CAUSE (No, i'm NOT kidding--I've never seen it). I looked him up and saw mention of FORTUNE AND MEN'S EYES (that also starred, amazingly, a very young Don Johnson apparently). When i stumbled on this poster, it was cheap and I grabbed it. OOPS! I told you I know nothing of the movie. Apparently Sal Mineo (or Don Johnson) didn't either. They are NOT in it. What they were in was a PLAY version. D'OH!. Apparently this is some gay prison roughie melodrama? No fun there. I'm sure "OZ" it ain't.




BEAUTY AND THE BEAST (2017 teaser):

I have NO interest in the movie. I did for a moment...and then didn't. But in that moment, I got this teaser. Nice poster---but now i have no interest in the film. Ha!



Okay, that's it for now. Thanks for visiting.

CHEERS!


April 27, 2017, 03:29:30 AM 


Although I THOUGHT I had posted everything left that did NOT make it into my final post (May 1st), I just discovered this one. I think I forgot about it because the photo was so poor. So... BONUS MINI-POST time:


MOUNTAINTOP MOTEL MASSACRE:

This 80s slasher is so obscure, for the longest time I thought it was a direct-to-video piece o' crap. NOPE. It DID have a theatrical release. I know it is really difficult to make out in this horrid photo, but this IS the theatrical poster. I remember seeing the flick in the video store--but never bothered (thinking, as I said, that it was straight-to-video junk). However, running across this photo made me want to see it. So I found a cheap double-feature DVD on ebay (the other feature is the largely forgotten 80s slasher THE INITIATION. which I do remember playing in the theaters---but never bothered to see either) and ordered it. I'm NOT expecting much, but wouldn't it be wonderful if it turns out to be a wonderful little gem? Hmm.



Okay--now I REALLY am out of posters. Check back May 1st for my last post-a-go-go!  Thanks for the chat.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this