Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 116

September 24, 2016, 04:09:03 PM


Here are more posters from the first box. Ugh. There has to be a better/more efficient/easier way to do this. This batch gets me halfway through the first box,,, I still have all of the other posters inside the box to go through, plus all of the ones in the other boxes/tubes/etc. ugh.


PUFNSTUF

I think/hope I have another copy in a frame somewhere. Fun live-action movie based on the Sid & Marty Kroft series. With special guest stars Mama Cass Elliot and Martha Raye!



JEEPERS CREEPERS:
The first film in the series---and the best. Too bad the poster wasn't better. Oh well.




DOCTOR DOLITTLE:

In poor condition and very lackluster design, I'll get ride of this....




THE MONKEY'S UNCLE:

Classic Disney with Tommy Kirk and Annette Funicello. And a special appearance by the Beach Boys!





JASON GOES TO HELL: THE FINAL FRIDAY

Who doesn't have one of these?




THE LAST SURVIVOR:

Also known as LAST CANNIBAL WORLD, JUNGLE HOLOCAUST, I'm pretty thrilled to have the US one sheet for this early entry in the Italian cannibal subgenre.



THE TEMPTER:

I love my EXORCIST ripoffs, but this one was pretty awful. Even the poster ultimately has nothing to do with the actual movie. Oh well.




DIAL M FOR MURDER (80s re-release):

Never got to see this in 3D but I do remember that, as a kid, it was going to be showing in the afternoon on TV (in 2D) and I wanted to see it so bad, so I skipped school! Ha!




AT THE EARTH'S CORE:

Cool art work for such a cheesy/fun movie.




SWORD AND THE SORCERER:

Fun sword and sandal adventure from the early 80s.




THE FUN HOUSE:

This is a rare one I am thrilled to have. This is the original release for a movie that is better known as LAST HOUSE ON DEAD END STREET. Originally called THE CUCKOO CLOCKS OF HELL, this is an underground cult classic horror flick that is not for everyone. The LAST HOUSE title is clearly intended to riff off of LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT.




THE MAN WHO WASN'T THERE:

This 80s 3D movie was such a notorious bomb. It came and played only week in my town before disappearing forever. I never got to see it. ARGH! I'm sure it sucks, but...





THE WILD, WILD WORLD OF JAYNE MANSFIELD:

I hope I have another copy of this. I LOVE this movie. It is brilliant in that it seems to utilize home movies and other creative uses of Jayne (even a stand in at some points) Jayne remembers events that are shown...and clearly Jayne is no where to be seen. Lots of nudie filler towards the end...the whole mess is narrated by Jayne (NOT...although she says she is Jayne). Its a weird brilliant movie pieced together AFTER her death. Wow!





THE SEDUCTION:

This was supposed to have been Morgan Fairchild's breakout into movie stardom. It's total trash....and Morgan is now famous for just being Morgan Fairchild. No acting required.





SHARK'S TREASURE:

Post JAWS knock-off to an extent. Fun artwork.





GUYANA CULT OF THE DAMNED:

Sleazy little exploitation flick based on the Jones Town cult mass suicide...but strangely cult leader Jim Jones is called something else, Ha!





DYNASTY:

3D martial arts film poster....gotta love the gimmicks.





THE CASSANDRA CROSSING: 

Late entry in the disaster genre of the 70s, this euro-flick is a long, convoluted mess...with an impressive all-star cast that includes Sophia Loren, Burt Lancaster, OJ Simpson, Lee Strausberg. Martin Sheen, Richard Harris and Ava Gardner.





WAR GODDESSES:

Wow! Wow! Wow!





MAKE THEM DIE SLOWLY:

Better known as CANNIBAL FEROX, this is the US one sheet for this cannibal classic. EEEW! Its a harrowing tale. Not for the faint of heart...





PSYCHO II:

I may be the only person on the planet to say this, but I really LIKED PSYCHO II. It was much better than Part 3 or 4.





FIRESTARTER:

Stephen King---not nearly as good as the book, but what else is new?





THE LEGACY:

This is one of the first dozen or so posters I ever had. I got another copy not so long back (July or so). Kind of a dumb movie---but it somehow lured Katherine Ross, Sam Elliot and Roger Daltry into the mix.




SON OF BLOB:

If only I had the original BLOB...oh well. I also have the alternate title BEWARE THE BLOB somewhere with different art.





FOOD OF THE GODS:

I saw this movie as a kid and loved it. Wow! The artwork is pretty decent as well.





EMPIRE OF THE ANTS:

Bert I. Gordon's follow up to FOOD OF THE GODS was, in my opinion, kind of fun. Joan Collins plays a glamorous real estate con artist who takes a bunch of suckers out to a planned vacation community on a private yacht. It's all a scam of course...but it's also home of these giant mutated ants!  Yikes!!!



BREATHLESS:

I'm not sure why I felt the need to get this. It was just okay to me---but I did love the wild plaid pants Richard Gere wore. Ha!





DEVIL'S NIGHTMARE:

Silly Euro-horror film that has long been a guilty pleasure of mine.




TERROR IN THE JUNGLE:

I got another copy of this not too long back.  If you ever get a chance to see this movie--DO. It's awesome. ...And you only need to watch the first half hour. After that--turn it off. The first 30 minutes really make the movie. It's like a wonderful tacky spoof of the AIRPORT movies...before the AIRPORT movies existed. LOVE IT!





FANTASTIC INVASION OF PLANET EARTH:

Re-release title for THE BUBBLE, this movie has some of the best 3D effects ever---even if it's just shoving cheap-o monster gloves in your face. I particularly remember the tray of beer that floated out to the audience, That was cool.




HELLO MARY LOU: PROM NIGHT II:

The PROM NIGHT franchise does a complete overhaul on itself with this ghost girl haunting (very much inspired by A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET)




PIPPI IN THE SOUTH SEAS:

I remember when these movies came out when I was a kid. I never got to see them at the time, but loved the books on which they were based. Eventually I did catch all four flicks (culled from a Scandinavian TV series based on the books--which explains why the kids don't age much). I thought I'd track down the posters. I know I have a few...just not sure which ones I am missing.




WHEN TIME RAN OUT:

Irwin Allen's last big screen disaster movie flop-a-rama. Its still campy fun.




CRY BABY:

I'm a John Waters fan (moreso his older stuff, but...). Had to get a CRY BABY.





AMITYVILLE 3D:

3D thrills and chills. I saw this in the theater in 3D....it didn't work that well for me.





TREASURE OF THE FOUR CROWNS:

Euro-Indiana Jones wanna be in 3D. I saw it at least twice in the theater for the 3D...but every time i see the flick i only count 3 crowns. Where is the 4th?




METALSTORM: THE DESTRUCTION OF JARED SYN:

More confusing and lame 80s 3D. I saw this on a 3D double bill with JAWS 3D. Ha!





CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC:

Oh my stars!  One of the biggest box office flops of all time! CAN'T STOP THE MUSIC is wonderfully awful. I love it. You've got the cheesy Village People, Steve Guttenberg, Valerie Perrine, and Caitlyn Jenner long before she had any surgeries and still looked like his Olympian, Wheaties-eating self.




SPACEHUNTER: ADVENTURES IN THE FORBIDDEN ZONE:

Another 80s 3D flick that played for weeks...and yet i somehow failed to get to see it. GRRR.




EYEBALL:

Cool poster...but there is another version I want with this cloaked figure holding a girl. He has his hand extended and he is holding an eyeball in it. Zowie! Never saw the flick though.



And that brings me top the halfway point of the first box. UGH. There are sooooo many posters left to wade through. Any ideas on how to make it easier?  CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this