Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 153* #

April 16, 2017, 12:08:07 AM 


Happy Easter!

In addition to finding baskets and bunnies and hunting for Easter eggs, it's also BONUS POST DAY!

Now come sit next to me while we take a look at the posters:



LOLLIPOP PALACE:

I know NOTHING about the movie behind this poster other than it stars John Holmes and someone with the awesome name of BUNNY SAVAGE! I don't know why I bothered to buy this, but... take a lick, er...LOOK anyway. An eBay find (hence the watermark of the seller).




HONEYMOON OF HORROR:

A while back I had gotten a one sheet for something called ORGY OF THE GOLDEN NUDES or something like that. ORGY is a "lost" film, but this one, HONEYMOON OF HORROR, is NOT lost. It IS the edited (and more widely seen) version of ORGY, minus several minutes of nudity, apparently. It's supposed to be god awful regardless. BUT, since I had ORGY, I went ahead and snagged this one as well.





MY AMITYVILLE HORROR:

I have posters for ALL of the AMITYVILLE theatrical releases and all of the direct-to-video releases up through AMITYVILLE DOLLHOUSE. This is a documentary flick about one of the kids who lived through the alleged haunting in the 70s, all grown up with issues of his own today. I've been trying to snag one of these---just as a completist since it came out. Now i have one.




DEATHHEAD VIRGIN:

No idea about this flick...but the poster image was too wild to ignore. SOLD!




CARRY ON SPYING:

Not nearly as nice as John's (Test1) British quads, but as a fan of James Bond flicks, I've been after this poster for a while.




FLASH GORDON (Advance):

Also something I've been wanting to snag for a long while...consider it snagged. Go, Flash! GO!




DANGER: DIABOLIK:

I've heard of this, but have (gasp!) NEVER seen it. Is it James Bond-y? Worth a look? Hmm.

.


CAT GIRL:

Golly, yet ANOTHER poster for a flick I've never seen. (This could almost be my poster collection for unseen movies post...With the exceptions of MY AMITYVILLE HORROR and FLASH GORDON, i have NOT seen any of these.) I've seen this poster around, and have always coveted it. Sleek, sexy, yet creepy at the same time. How's the movie?




SIROCCO:

Here is a recent "dumb move" buy. This was a complete LAST MINUTE purchase. Again, i know nothing (I hear those audible gasps of shock and disbelief out there...) about this Humphrey Bogart movie. The poster is in bad shape around the edges, but the actual image looks pretty decent. With only minutes to go, i bid, thinking that a poster with Bogart, even in the shape this was in, would go for bigger dollars than i paid for it. It was only after the moment came and went and the poster was mine that i had time to properly research it. OOPS! I could have had a very nice copy in much better shape for only a little more than i paid for this. Oh well. CASABLANCA this ain't, apparently. Ha!




COMEDY OF TERRORS:

What!?! Vincent Price, Peter Lorre, Boris Karloff and Basil Rathbone all together on one poster? Zowie! How could I NOT go for this? (Also how could I NOT have seen this before?) AIP horror and humor with classic, yet fading, horror superstars. You gotta love it.




I hope your day is HOPPY! Happy Easter...and thank you for looking!



CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...