Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 133

December 31, 2016, 12:50:41 AM


Happy New Year's Eve!


Oh my stars! WHERE did 2016 go-go?  I'm sure many of you out there have exciting New Year's Eve plans...so I'll try to be brief (well, that never happens, but...). Here's a BONUS post to send off 2016 and to welcome 2017. I think all of these new acquisitions (except one) are from eMovie's recent Black Friday sale last month. Thanks again, eMovie!

Okay, get your cocktails ready...




...and let's begin!

ASK ANY HOOKER:

I have no idea what this is. I had seen it lingering in the Fixed Price Items section for months...years, perhaps. I was curious about it but that was it. Then, during the sale, I thought "why not?" So I did.





MOMMIE DEAREST (half subway):

I know I just got a MOMMIE DEAREST one sheet not too long ago. I got that to try to fool a friend who bought me a framed PRINT years ago (that I threw out in the move) that the one sheet was the copy he gave me. This half subway is larger than a one sheet...but it's ROLLED (which the print was). So I bought this to be the one I'll frame and try to pass off as the one he gave me.







BATMAN FOREVER:

I am NOT a superhero movie fan. Although i love the 60s BATMAN series (and movie), I just am not a superhero kind of guy. However, I got this because A) it was cheap and B) if you saw any of my framed poster videos, you'll know I have several framed BATMAN posters from several of the 80s/90s series that had been a gift to my nephew 10 years or so ago. Earlier this year, he returned them to me--having outgrown them. I could not remember the name of the film some of the character posters were from. It was this film. Duh.





AN AMERICAN WEREWOLF IN PARIS:

NOT a very good sequel by any means, I got this to go with my poster for the original...and it was cheap also.




THE BLAIR WITH PROJECT:

I got this one because, believe it or not, I don't think I had one yet. Many people today do not understand how/why this movie was a big hit. It was the first of its kind to do the found footage thing (which has now been done to death, thank you...). I saw the film in the theater...and walked away disappointed (the ending leaves a lot to be desired). I did, however, LOVE all of the promo stuff that went before the film's opening. The website was cool and convincing (it made it sound as if those people really DID disappear. And it was so detailed.). Better yet was the feature length (!) documentary about the Blair Witch that aired on some stations leading up to opening day. The first sequel was crap and I have not seen the reboot sequel yet...but having the first poster in the series is kind of cool.





I WAS A TEENAGE ZOMBIE:

I've never seen this, but got a copy of the (oops!) video poster a year ago or so, thinking it was the one sheet. My bad. For some reason the one sheet is usually pricey, but in the Black Friday sale, this was reasonable. Snag!





THE HUNGER:

This used to be a hard to get cult favorite...but lately it seems this movie has fallen more into the realm of the forgotten than cult. I saw this in the theater when it first came out. I wasn't that impressed with it. In fact, I've forgotten most of it. What I DO remember most about it was the cool song "Bela Lugosi's Dead" by the awesome band Bauhaus. This film introduced me to them (and their subsequent off-shoot bands).





KONG: SKULL ISLAND (advance):

This was NOT from the Black Friday sale...but I wanted to sneak this one in anyway. A NEW KING KONG movie? Although it looks like it's a bit skimpy on the mighty ape (based on the one trailer I've seen so far), I am all for it. Love me my KONG!  Had to get the advance ASAP.





THE BELLBOY AND THE PLAYGIRLS:

A 3-D nudie cutie? I'm there! I actually already have one of these posters, but when I saw the cheap price eMovie was asking for this better copy, I said SOLD.





GHOSTBUSTERS (International):

Wow! I was not a big fan of the GHOSTBUSTERS series either, but I recognize how popular/pricey the poster is. So, I've been on the hunt for one for years as well. I never liked the Ghostbusters symbol (ghost in the slashed circle) poster because the title was not on it. The US one sheet with the title features the three main stars...but no Ghostbusters symbol. However, the international one sheet features both styles of the US one sheets combined. This was the poster I was after (if I ever got one). This is what emovie had on sale...and this is the one I ended up getting. Who you gonna call? (And no, I will not be bothering with the posters for the sequel or reboot sequel...which I didn't even bother to see.)







Okay...the 31st is ticking away. Here is to a healthy and happy 2017....and a year filled with amazing posters!

CHEERS!




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this