Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 132

December 25, 2016, 01:23:53 AM 



Happy ho-ho-holidays! I hope Santa was extra-special nice to you and brought you all of the exciting posters you've been dreaming of all year long. Here are a few goodies I unwrapped...



DEATHSTALKER II:

Since the posters are kind of like Hercules posters, I decided to track down the 4 DEATHSTALKER posters (1-4). Only the first movie was actually released in theaters. The sequels were direct to video...or so I thought. I got a DEATHSTALKER II video release poster...and then stumbled on this one. A theatrical release? SOLD! Never seen any of the movies either...they probably suck.





BEACH GIRLS AND THE MONSTER:

Call it a bash! Call it a ball!  Call it a blast!  Call it an oops, i really didn't need a 2nd copy!  I like this poster--a lot. I somehow found myself bidding on it--even though I already have one...and now I have two. Ouch!  Wish I had saved the $$$.




ZOMBIETHON:

Speaking of direct to video, this is an old VHS era poster for Wizard Video's zombie flick "best of" compilation video, utilizing scenes from things like ZOMBIE, ZOMBIE LAKE, OASIS OF THE ZOMBIES, etc. Just seeing the movies by themselves is better...but I have always dug this poster. SCORE!




BAD SANTA:

Ho-Ho-Ho... Yes, Santa is hanging out with three skeezy 'ho"s and is in a drunken stupor once again. Such is the basic premise of BAD SANTA (minus the "ho"s maybe). Not the best Christmas movie--or even a classic. BUT...it inspired a sequel (REALLY?--yep. See below...) and a Christmas posting has to have some sort of Christmas poster...right?




BAD SANTA 2:

Hmm. This was cheap and, of the two designs I've seen, this one is the preferred (over a close up of Billy Bob passed out on a bar). Ho ho ho-hum... We'll see if the movie is any good or not (and how many years has it been since the first one?)...however, I think it came and left already and FLOPPED. Ha!







THE 27TH DAY:

I know nothing about this movie...just have long loved the poster...which always has gone high and escaped my grasp. Cool poster. Is the flick any good?





THE LEECH WOMAN:

No, this is NOT the story of your ex-wife. I never saw this flick, but have coveted the poster for a while. It's always slipped out of my hands...until NOW.








BRIDES OF BLOOD:

FINALLY!  After years of searching and trying to get one, i finally have the poster for the first film in the BLOOD ISLAND series. I have MAD DOCTOR OF BLOOD ISLAND and BEAST OF BLOOD and various other BLOOD titles that Hemisphere Pictures tried to pass off as sequels or related films (HORROR OF THE BLOOD MONSTERS, BRAIN OF BLOOD, etc.). The poster art is poorly done--but screams out exploitation gem!  Zowie! I'm thrilled with this. (Although I paid far more than I should have...)




THE HOUSE OF USHER:

Ooooo, I am digging this. Classic Vincent Price in the best of the AIP Edgar Allan Poe adaptations. Doesn't the poster art, with it's white tunnel leading down from the surface, look like it inspired the poster art for 10 CLOVERFIELD LANE? Whatever---I am thrilled with this.




ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.:

Oh my STARS!!!  I never thought I'd be fortunate to land one of these. It's Raquel Welch and her prehistoric fur bikini in ONE MILLION YEARS B.C.  Zowie! I've been after one of these since i was a kid. Yahoo!




MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!



Now go away!  Be with your families! Enjoy yourself! Ho ho ho! (I'm working today anyway... waaaagh!)

CHEERS!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this