Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 148



March 17, 2017, 12:21:25 AM



Top 'o the mornin' to ya. Happy March 17th (a.k.a. St. Patrick's Day)! You are in luck. With today being St. Patrick's Day, it's time for a BONUS post! Whoo hoo! (And that ain't no blarney.)


LEPRECHAUN:

Of course...it's St. Patrick's Day. You can't have a St. Patrick's Day post without something to go with it. For years I resisted buying this poster (because I hated the film and didn't bother with any of its 6 sequels). Instead, to celebrate St. Patrick's Day, i'd hang up a re-release poster for DARBY O'GILL AND THE LITTLE PEOPLE. Snore. I finally decided to throw up a LEPRECHAUN poster. I may not like the flick but anyone coming to the house around the 17th would immediately get it,






NERVE:

I have not seen the film yet, but i thought the trailer looked genuinely interesting. I meant to go see it, but never got to it. I do like the poster too with it's use of color. Will i ever hang it--probably not, but you never know.



MAN IN THE DARK (2-D one sheet):

I already have one of these, but I couldn't resist a 2nd one (possibly an upgrade?). This is the one sheet for the flat, 2-D version of the film noir flicker MAN IN THE DARK. While a rollercoaster is still featured in the ad, it's not as prominent as in the 3-D version of the poster. I sooooo want to see this movie. I have a 3-D blu-ray player and a 3-D blu-ray of the movie...I just need a 3-D TV. Drat!  I got this from Rich. Thanks as always, Rich.




STRICTLY BALLROOM (British quad?):

Another of my dead friend's posters. I could have done without this...but what the heck? I did enjoy the movie when it came out. Haven't seen it since.





LOS MONSTRUOS (Mexican):

I'm not entirely sure this is a movie poster...but if not, what else is it? Is the movie called LOS MONSTRUOS? Santo is listed---but there are no other credits. Just a small blurb saying it is in color. The monster stuff was enough for me.




JAWS 3D (3D glasses):

NOT a poster---I know. But you know I like my gimmicks and I even have a pair of 3D glasses from the first 3D feature, BWANA DEVIL...so getting a JAWS 3D is nothing strange for me. This apparently is also from my friend Scott's estate. When JAWS 3D played (actually when most, if not all, of the 80s 3D flicks played my town), we were given generic glasses to watch the film with. Almost all of the 3D films back in the 80s were shown with generic glasses, as I recall.  I do remember getting the FRIDAY THE 13TH 3D glasses for F13 3D (and still have those somewhere), but that's it, I believe. So a pair of non-generic JAWS 3D glasses? SOLD!




THE BLACK HOLE:

I waited in line to see this opening day back in the 70s (1977?)...and was promptly disappointed. What could have been a compelling sci-fi yarn with a Captain Nemo-like captain of the main space ship, was too Disney-ed up with cute robots and a lame ending. Oh well. Cool art though.




MY OWN PRIVATE IDAHO:

I already have one of these. This was also from Scott's estate. I bid nominally and won. Simple as that. But it is a great movie...and River Phoenix's swan song (and yes, Keanu Reeves ALMOST ruins it at times. Ugh. HOW does he still get work?).




BORN LOSERS (re-release and re-release lobby card set):

After buying this, I was officially OVER my semi-obsession with the BILLY JACK films, which I STILL have NOT seen. Ha! To top it off, after buying this, I discovered I already HAD the poster. ARGH!





SCHOOL FOR LOVE:

My first anything with Brigitte Bardot. Not a great poster, but vintage va-va-va-voom star material. Hooray!





MAD MAX:

This was not a poster i actively wanted. I just know it's very collectible, came across it and went for it. Now that I have it, i really like it. And I was never a big MAD MAX fan...



Happy St. Patrick's Day!  Give yourself a big PINCH for me if you're not wearing green! Maybe you'll catch a poster leprechaun. Zowie! Wouldn't that be fab?



Have the luckiest of lucky days.

CHEERS!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this