Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2017 #7 -- New Posters Nov. 1, 2017*#




Hi there. Happy post Halloween. EEEK! Did everyone survive?

I'm sick (AGAIN) and had to work and had a MISERABLE Halloween myself. (You can read about it HERE or spare yourself and just look at the photos OR just avoid it altogether) But onward, right?  Halloween is behind us and it's a new day...and it's (surprisingly) time for a new poster update! (It's surprising because up until about an hour ago I only had two new posters to share. And then I won a bunch o' stuff on Rich's auction. Ha!) Let's take a peek at what I got:

THE EXOTIC DREAMS OF CASANOVA:

I've never seen this, but it is from the same era as my EROTIC ADVENTURES OF ZORRO poster and I thought they would complement each other should I ever hang them together. Although why Santa Claus makes an appearance on the poster is beyond me. Ha!



AUSTIN POWERS: INTERNATIONAL MAN OF MYSTERY:

I loved the AUSTIN POWERS series, especially the FIRST one. I had never seen this version of the poster before, but ooo la la, the Fembots are all over Austin. Zowie! Cool poster. Ya gotta love it, baby!




BATTLEFIELD EARTH:

I've never seen this, but I'm kind of itching too. This multiple Razzie winner is supposed to be B-A-D, like supersonically stink-o-matically BAD!  It could be a major hoot-fest. But something tells me that just having the poster and laughing at what the film COULD be is better than actually sitting through it. Ha!




ED WOOD:

Ed Wood, the real guy, is fascinating to me. He worked it and made it happen, regardless of budgets or writing abilities, directorial skills, or talent. And then there's the transvestism and angora sweater obsession. I only have a couple of posters for Ed Wood films (none of them the really "good" ones, though). Tim Burton's version was fun. I already have a copy of this poster but having another copy doesn't hurt.




FREDDY'S DEAD: THE FINAL NIGHTMARE:

The last (NOT) of the NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET series was not the "best" as stated on the poster. It was actually kind of sucky. I do love the faux 3D look of Freddy seemingly emerging out of the poster. The film had a 3D finale but it was more of a head-scratcher than mind-blowing. I have this poster already, but who couldn't use another? Wish they'd make yet ANOTHER sequel with Robert Englund and explain away that lame remake in some way. This series was really fun and inventive...until it got remade and  it wasn't any more.




THE LOVE BUTCHER:

THE LOVE BUTCHER? Zowie! What is this about? I know nothing about this one, but it sounds like a fun and sleazy little oddity. It was cheap, too. Why not? If I come across the flick ever and see it I could end up loving it and I'll have the poster already. (Of course, it's probably crap, but I can dream...).




PUMPKINHEAD:

This was a fun little movie. Even though it has inspired 3 or 4 sequels, it's not that well known today, which is a shame. It was a different flick and I liked the voodoo-ish revenge creature story line. I believe I have both copies of the two versions of the poster already. The auction I got these two from included them together. This first poster has problems but the 2nd poster is in great shape. I thought it was a bargain.






THE SECRET LIFE OF JEFFREY DAHMER:

 The poster actually shows the title as being THE SECRET LIFE, but wasn't this released and better known as THE SECRET LIFE OF JEFFREY DAHMER? I never saw this. The true events creeped me out to the Nth degree. I don't know if I could watch a movie version of it all...but then again, I'd know it was "just a movie". i still don't know if I'd be able to handle it though. But the poster...why not? It might be worth something down the road? Eew.



SPACED OUT:

I have never seen this before...and I have no idea why I wanted this poster so badly. Hmm. Fun art and all...but what was I thinking? Ha! Whatever. Steve will like it, I suppose.



And that's kind of it. Nothing too fabulous, but more than I expected to share for quite a while. Thank you, Rich for 8 of these 10 latest tidbits of poster goodness. Have a groovy a go-go November!


CHEERS!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this