Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 49

October 19, 2015, 04:07:41 AM

POSTER TIME!!!!!

This first batch I ordered from everyone's pal Ari. I wasn't going to post them just yet--I was going to wait until they arrived. But I decided to share with the new guy, "e", my very first locandina (did I spell that right?), which I got from the A man.


Here' the locandina (sp?).

BARRACUDA: 

I'm a sucker for a lot of things; movie gimmicks, bad sequels no one has ever heard of or remembers, disaster flicks, 3D, and "JAWS" knock offs, to name a few. "Barracuda" falls into the latter category. Although it's kind of dull (zzzzz..), there's still the poster (which is also, well, kind of dull). I have elsewhere in my thread an Italian (I don't know what they're called..) 1 piece (like a one sheet?) with some different art than the US poster...and then I spied this locandina that I really like. Instead of just being a menacing fish in the water, this time the barracuda has a head in its mouth! Yowza! How exciting! (More exciting than the film itself! Ha!)





THE DOCTOR AND THE DEVILS (Australian one sheet):

 Never heard of this one--but probably everyone has. It looked interesting and wasn't too expensive, so why not? Thanks again Ari.





JOURNEY INTO BLISS:

This one really excited me...and I've never seen the film, but judging by the poster I really want/need to. It looks like some weird, crazy, experimental grooviness. Ari, I think, said his friend made the movie--or was involved with it somehow. Interesting and apparently very little paper on it.






RABID (Thai)

Ari had several Thai posters. I almost couldn't decide...but went with Cronenberg's "RABID". It's so different than the US poster (with the body stuffed in the refrigerator--LOVE that one, too). I hadn't seen this Thai yet, so opted for it.





Thank you, ARI!!!!!


Speaking of Thai (the RABID poster), I also picked up these:


PUPPET MASTER:

The first thing I noticed when i saw this poster was the ghastly, bloody (?) mouth in the center of the poster. Was this some zombie flick? No--it's PUPPET MASTER! Ha!  Cool art though...and what is mind-blowing also is that it actually played theaters in Thailand (instead of going straight to video like it did here). Ha! Gingerman, you just posted this. I didn't say anything then--saving it for now. But we can be Thai poster twinsies! Ha! You've got GREAT TASTE!  happy1





THE BELIEVERS:

Okay, so this voodoo movie is a little less than interesting. Normally I'd have passed over this poster...but the Thai version---WOW! It has so much going on. Why can't US posters be more interesting? Had THE BELIEVERS had this poster, it might have made a little more money here (or not--because it was still kind of a dud).





PRIMITIF:  

I know. I know. ANOTHER cannibal movie poster. This time from Thailand. Wow! Gruesomely cool.





EVIL DEAD 2:

See why I need your posters Gingerman? You have EVIL DEAD 1...and I have the sequel! Again, may I say you have GREAT TASTE! Zowie! These Thai posters --especially for horror flicks--really rock! There are so many cool ones out there I need to get. They MUST be mine. Ha! If anything would inspire gonzo Thai art it's an EVIL DEAD movie.




Back to US one sheets, I have two more to share:


THE LAST PARADISE:

I wanted this after my trip to Hawaii. Almost as big of an obsession as posters are for me is tiki culture (as in tiki bars). Once I'm back in a house, I want to turn a spare room into a home tiki bar! I thought this poster, done up in a bamboo frame, would look swell in my tiki bar-to-be. Steve, if you are reading this, there are (gasp!) topless native chicks in this fully showing their, uh...coconuts! OH MY!!






THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION:

Finally, no collection is complete without some gratuitous cheez-o-rama! EEK! THE GIANT SPIDER INVASION!!!  What a deliriously silly little bit o' low-budget '70s drive-in splendor! There is even a giant spider (a not so cleverly disguised Volkswagen) with wheels, if you look carefully enough! Ha!





Thanks for popping by.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

  Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything. But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick. SURGIKILL (special) : I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap. POLTERGEIST I I: Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good. THE SATAN B...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...