Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 50

October 21, 2015, 10:23:04 PM


Well, here's another mixed bag of recent posters. Joy...

TRAPPED (Thai):

Never heard of this and the poster over all is kind of ho-hum...except for the one guy getting the axe to his head and his eyeball popping out. Zowie! That's gotta hurt. Those wonderful wacky Thais!





DAWN OF THE DEAD (Thai):

Another Thai...and purchased fairly (surprisingly) cheap. Hmm. That has me worried. We'll see what it's like when it finally arrives. If all is good, I'm super pumped to get this. Yowza!





SAVAGE WEEKEND:

I already have a copy of this, but this went pretty cheap, so... I snagged it. I've never seen the movie, but did recently buy it (just re-released on dvd and blu ray).I've heard it's crap though. Well see. Yet another early 80s slasher. It couldn't find a holiday to use so it generically went for just the WEEKEND (eeek!) to terrorize house guests. Ha! It's still a cool image--the masked guy holding the bloody sickle and doing the Uncle Sam "I Want You" pose. I had this framed and in my guest room (since most guests came on weekends. Ha!). Waaagh! I want to be in a house again. Maybe if I just stopped buying posters... Ha!





VALLEY OF THE DOLLS (Belgian):

I think I mentioned this elsewhere when I got the French version of this movie poster... La Vallee des Poupees sounds like it's about diarrhea! I'm sure most film critics of the day were calling this movie poopie---or something close to it. Ha! I am a huge VOD fan. It's awful/wonderful (especially Patty Duke--so over the top, especially after she gets "famous"! Ha!), so I couldn't resist.





MANIAC: 

I also already have this. But it was such a bargain...I just couldn't NOT get it. I stumbled upon it on some website of some guy who was selling posters. He had apparently had the site up for a long while and had priced the posters sometime back. Bargain! This is a much sought after piece for 80s horror gorehounds. Nice to have a spare for a rainy day.



TARZAN AND THE LOST CITY: 

You know by now I dig my Tarzan movies (or maybe I got all of my Tarzan posters before I joined APF?). While the oldest ones are beyond my reach, I have the bulk of the ones since Gordon Scott took over on up through the Bo Derek version. I kept putting this poster off--I'm not sure why. I saw this film in the theater (as i said, I like my Tarzan flicks), but had trouble with Caspar Van Dien in the role. I had the chance to meet him once. He was just a few feet away from me, but...eh. I didn't want to be bothered with the encounter. Now that many years have passed, I think I can revisit this film and give it another whirl. We'll see. Enough time has passed though where I feel comfortable getting the poster (finally). And isn't there a new Tarzan coming soon?





GEORGE OF THE JUNGLE:

Ugh...I told you this was a mixed bag today. Ha! When I was getting the TARZAN poster above, I saw this one as well. CHEAP. While NOT a TARZAN film, it certainly is Tarzan-esque (and clearly inspired by the mighty jungle swinger), so I got it. Eh. (I don't even know/remember if I ever even bothered seeing the movie or not).





SLUMBER PARTY MASSACRE 3:

Funny thing about this poster. I saw it and thought, I didn't even know there was a sequel to the original. I have the first poster. I'll get this one and then track down the 2nd one and then I'll have the whole series. Except the first one I THOUGHT I had was actually for SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE. Oops! Two different 80s slasher series--and I somehow never saw either of them. Oh well.





THE DAY AFTER TOMORROW (lenticular):

Another poster I already had...but again found it at an amazingly cheap price. SOLD!






MY BLOODY VALENTINE (English):

Last one for tonight, this is the English one sheet for the early 80s (1981?) holiday slasher MY BLOODY VALENTINE. It has very different art work than the US one sheet. I had seen this image before and always wondered where it was used. Now I know. Except why does it look like they are in a subway tunnel instead of a mine shaft?





And that's posters for today.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this