Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2017 #9 -- And MORE New Stuff*#


Hurry! Hurry! Get your tickets. The next edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin.


This new offering isn't all that exciting. Take a gander, if you like. What do you have to lose, except a little time, perhaps.

ONE FROM THE HEART (Review Style):

This was from one of Rich's auctions. I hadn't seen this review style for "ONE FROM THE HEART" before, so I bid...and got it for only $3. Awesome. Thank you, Rich.




AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING:

Last time, if you'll recall, I included a few props from the new "AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING" flick, even though it more or less never played theaters (although it was scheduled to open numerous times). I've still not seen the flick--and I do not expect much from it--but I picked up this little...what are these called?...marquee thing they put over the doors to the theaters so you know what movie is in what theater. I figured I could use it over my display of the props for the flick---if I ever get around to making a display out of them, that is.




HOT PANTS HOLIDAY:

I know nothing about this movie. This poster is included here as it was part of a lot. What a cheesy title though; "HOT PANTS HOLIDAY". I dig the tag line "From Frustration to Taboo Torrid Love". Ha! I especially dig the "See the Love Potion Voodoo Dance" blurb. Marvelous! But this is apparently an X-rated flick...starring someone named Tudi Wiggins. 





THE AMBUSHERS:

Another Matt Helm poster---hooray! But did I already have this one? Hmm. I am NOT sure. I really need to organize my posters. That has NOT been done YET. Grrr. 






THE FEMALE BUNCH:

I'm pretty sure (am I?) that I have one of these already. (Do I?) I've never seen it, but I know it is a Something Weird Video that has drummed up a semi-cult following. I've not seen it myself, but...





FIST OF FEAR TOUCH OF DEATH:

Another "lot" item. I know nothing about this flick. Does it have a plot or does it just borrow footage from elsewhere to include Bruce Lee prominently on the poster?






HEAVY TRAFFIC:

I've not seen most of the Ralph Bakshi movies, except for WIZARDS and AMERICAN POP. I've been curious about the FRITZ THE CAT movies and HEAVY TRAFFIC, but not THAT curious.  Another "lot" win.






DRIVE IN:

I have several copies of this poster. I LOVED this movie as a kid. It didn't age very well when I watched it again as an adult. The best part of the flick is still the movie ("DISASTER 76") being shown on the screen (illustrated on the poster). The movie may not be as good as it was when I was a kid, but the poster is still very fun.





SUPERMAN:

I am NOT a fan of the modern superhero movies. The last superhero movie series i liked was the "Superman" flicks of the late 70s/early 80s. I wasn't a huge fan---and preferred 1 and 2 over 3 (just god-awful) and 4, but... oh well.  I never cared for this poster design for the first film, but now I have one. Super.






HOT SKIN (aka DISCO DOLLS IN HOT SKIN or BLONDE EMANUELLE):

Finally, I already have one of these, but couldn't resist this (hopefully) better copy. And at a cheaper price than my original. Yowza! I'm a sucker for 3D and this is not only in 3D, but also in something called SEXURROUND. Zowie! No, I have NOT seen it. But I dig the poster.



And that is all for this time. Thanks for visiting.



Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...