Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2017 #8 -- More New Posters-A-GoGo, Baby!*#


Happy Thanksgiving. Welcome to the continuing poster update-a-gogo! Today I am thankful for, among other things, YOU dear reader (whoever you may be---if there's anyone out there at all) and poster collector's everywhere. 

Okay... Here is the latest batch o' posters in my collection. Did I need these? No. Did that stop me from buying them? No. Here they are...

INCEPTION:

I did see this in theaters, but I'm not one of those fanboy types that totally got in to this. It was interesting...but not my thing. Still, I got this (and the one below) at a good price from one of Rich's auctions a while back. Perhaps it will rise in value?






THE NARCOTIC STORY:

I already have a copy of this poster, but I love, love, LOVE it. It's such a hoot. It's so cheesy looking. This is one of those posters that really makes me WANT to track down the flick. It has to be a HOOT. Ha!




AMITYVILLE: THE AWAKENING:

Okay, so this is NOT a poster and obviously one of my infamous stupid impulse purchases. Virtually no one (including myself) has seen this latest AMITYVILLE movie. It was pulled from release and rescheduled several times over the last three or so years. It finally sees the light of day on DVD later this month or next month after playing a few cities overseas--but not here. It's probably crap. But when i saw these "screen used" props from the flick--including fake credit cards, a class schedule, and (the selling point for me) fake school emblem stickers, I placed a low-ball bid...and won. No one bid against me. And why would they? No one has seen the movie. Ha! Whatever--I got some props. Whoopie...




FANNY HILL MEETS DR. EROTICO:

Most of you would dismiss this as trash. I'm sure the movie probably is (I've never seen it).  But I am THRILLED to score this. I have been chasing the trio of Barry Mahon's "Fanny Hill Meets..." posters for ages. They seem to rarely pop up. I scored "Fanny Hill Meets Lady Chatterly" some time back. I still need "Fanny Hill Meets The Red Baron", but the one I wanted most of all was this one, "Fanny Hill Meets Dr. Erotico". Why? Because it looks (based on the poster) to me like a sexploitation "Frankenstein" knock off. And, if it is, my bet is the guy in the upper right-hand corner is said "Frankenstein"-like creature. "She was 19...He was 75, but together they created life!"  From the late '60's. I wish someone out there would release all three of these as a triple-feature DVD/blu-ray.



CAPTAIN UNDERPANTS: THE FIRST EPIC MOVIE:

I see you shaking your head in wonder and disbelief. "Captain Underpants"? Really? Really. I have not seen the movie, but the reason I bought this was A) it was cheap ($3) and B) I read this book to my class at least once when i was a 4th grade teacher. It was a fun book. My students enjoyed it. Nostalgia...




THE NIGHT PORTER:

I have seen this film a couple of times. It's kind of nazisploitation-ish, but kind of not. Not a great poster, but for $3...




THE SERVANT:
I've not seen this flick, but it looks like it might be compelling. I've heard good things about Dirk Bogarde films, but have only seen one ("The Night Porter" above), I believe.  Again, only $3. Why not?





DAUGHTER OF DR JEKYLL:
Argh! I tuned into eMovie's last auction on Tuesday in progress. This was up. Oooooo. I bid and amazingly got it---for less than I expected to get it for. And then I read the description. OOPS! It is apparently an early 60s re-release. Darn it all! Still a swell looking poster though...





COLOR ME BLOOD RED:

Oh my stars! At LAST! The poster for H.G. Lewis' third film in his infamous Blood Trilogy"COLOR ME BLOOD RED" is quite possibly the rarest/hardest to track down HG Lewis horror movie poster. I paid too much for this and it looks to be in fairly good (not great) condition---but FINALLY it is MINE! Whoo hoo!




THE AMAZING COLOSSAL MAN:

Zowie! This was a pricey and unexpected win. Whoever was bidding against me pooped out millimeters from my top bid. I kind of wish they HAD won (because I have to pay for this now somehow. EEK!). But how amazing (and colossal) that this poster is now MINE! Who hoo! It will make a great companion piece to my copy of the sequel poster "WAR OF THE COLOSSAL BEAST". YIPPIE!!!




And that is that for this posting. Have a groovilicious Thanksgiving. Cha-cha-cha, kiddies!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this