Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 54

October 26, 2015, 08:28:10 PM 

Howdy!

Here is the last of my new (to me) poster purchases from the last several weeks. Once I get this posted, I intend to "take a break" from the Forum for a while. Since being off of work, I've spent far too much time shopping for posters (literally CHARGING up thousands of dollars in the process. Smart!  NOT!) and spending way too much time online perusing the forum (and drooling all over the screen while looking at other scrumptious posters...and then going shopping some more, and continuing the vicious and costly cycle!). There are so many OTHER things I need to do or could be doing instead. I could write some articles for the newspaper (and earn some much needed CASH), I could pack up stuff to send to auction, I could write the (Not-So-) Great American Novel, or I could clean my bathroom (o' the horror!). Heck, just getting my laundry put away would be a major achievement. I'm sure I won't be away long--I'm such a poster addict/whore. But I hope to be away at least a week, through Halloween at the very least (but longer would be better--financially! Ha!).

Anyway, here are the last o' the spending spree batch:


THE WOLFMAN:

Out of this crop, this is the poster I regret getting the most. THE WOLFMAN? I didn't recall any recent WOLFMAN movie. I certainly didn't recall the poster. I was unsure about it, but it was kind of cool looking. I bid the lowest amount, assuming I'd be outbid. No one bothered. And then I remembered there WAS a recent WOLFMAN movie--that sucked o' soooo much (and was overly long. UGH!). No wonder no one bid against me...but I still don't remember this poster. Oh well.



SCREAM BLOODY MURDER:

This is not the most attractive poster in the world by a long shot, but I have long been wanting a copy. It's an alternate one sheet for SCREAM BLOODY MURDER (I don't want to say it's a Style B, because it might be a re-release or something else. I'm just not sure) and it's got some great exploitative/gimmick stuff going on here. I'm such a sucker for gimmicks. In addition to its claim that it is the "first motion picture to be called Gore-nography", there is also the blurb that screams "You will be required to have a Scream Bloody Murder Blindfold upon entering the theatre. Free with ticket purchase." Zowie! I want a Scream Bloody Murder Blindfold! (I'm sure some critic pointed out that the blindfolds came in handy so you didn't have to watch the entire crappy movie--not just the gory parts. I haven't seen the film, but you know how critics are. They almost always hate horror flicks.)



THE PHOENIX (Thai):

I know nothing about this movie other than it stars Richard "Jaws" Kiel (he's the giant in the center) and the poster features incredible Thai art as usual.




NEVER SAY NEVER AGAIN (Thai):

Oooo... Gotta get my Thai Bonds going. Might as well start with this one. Although not part of the official series, it still stars Sean Connery. Yowza!



A NIGHTMARE ON ELM STREET (Thai):

Zoinks!  Freddy Kreuger--Thai style. Like my "BOOGEY MAN" poster, it takes the original poster art and cranks it up a couple of notches to become a cool "must have"! Wowzer!





SAW (International):

When I was shopping, I realized I had nothing from the "SAW" series...and thought that was a mistake, as down the road they might obtain a cult following (and poster costs would go up). So I decided to get a poster for the first film. (Aside from the clever use of two fingers for part 2 and three teeth for part 3, let's face it, the SAW sequel posters sucked.) I'd have preferred the more common one sheet, but this one came my way. Still creepy/gruesome. Not too expensive either. Sold.





ONE MILLION AC/DC:

Hmm.. I was finally hoping to score a ONE MILLION BC... Ha! Not gonna happen, apparently. But I came across this poster. Being the purveyor of trash, er...uh, posters of obscure and questionable content, I wasn't gonna let this one pass me by. Hello? It has half naked cave people battling a dinosaur on top while half naked (or more) cave people are doing other things (oh my!) in a cavern under ground. Jeepers!



CURSE OF THE DOLL PEOPLE / THE VAMPIRE:

This last poster I've wanted for ages. It is a combo poster for two silly Mexican horror movies from the 60s. It features a great gimmick "FREE! From the vampire's blood bank...Blood Cocktails. Can you drink them?" Zowie! Plus, who doesn't like taking "a psychedelic trip into the 5th dimension"? Sign me up! Sure the artwork is weak and it's just a black and white thing--but it calls to me. One auctioned off a week or so ago and went way, way higher than I could/world go...and then this one fell into my lap for only about a tenth of what the auctioned one went for. Crazy awesome!





Anyway, that is it for now. Have a super go-go groovy Halloween!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...