Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 38

August 28, 2015, 01:08:40 PM

Here's the last batch of those posters I need to move over from that old site...

ARABIAN ADVENTURE:

This is the English one sheet for a 70s fantasy movie (Sinbad ripoff?) "Arabian Adventure". While I've never seen the film, I dig the poster. I already had the US one sheet, which is completely different. The US poster looks like a page out of a comic book.




SWORD OF ALI BABA:

"The Sword of Ali Baba"  is another Arabian fantasy from 1965. It's nothing spectacular--but, again, the poster was cheap. (It also apparently features a young Gavin MacLoed, aka Captain Stubing from "The Love Boat", as an Arab according to IMDB. Ha!)




NATIONAL LAMPOON'S VACATION:

The only "VACATION" poster I've owned up until I got this was the one for CHRISTMAS VACATION (which I hope is NOT a fake, but fear it might be as it is taller by 1/2 or 1 inch or so than 41 inches). When the original poster for the series came along at a good price, I thought I'd go for it. Not wild about the art, but...




PROSTITUTION:

Another (cheap) poster I came across that I'd never heard of but couldn't refuse is for some hokey-looking documentary (??) called "Prostitution" from 1963. I'm sure, if it is a doc, it is laughably faked and, because it's at least 50 years old, it would be horribly dated anyway. But the early sleaze factor of the poster could not be denied.




MURDER WITHOUT TEARS:

I've never seen 1953's thriller "Murder Without Tears", but the poster intrigued me with its wild use of color and I loved the screaming woman with the exaggerated scared hand in the center. Plus it was cheap. Ha!





THE TERROR:

This is the advance poster for the Roger Corman flick starring Boris Karloff and a young Jack Nicholson. I've been wanting one for years. I just wish it had been the full color regular one sheet. Oh well...eventually.




SLEEPING BEAUTY:

Not the Disney version, this SLEEPING BEAUTY is some live-action schlock crap imported from somewhere, dubbed and fed to unsuspecting children who probably gagged the whole time they were trapped in the theater. I love my kiddie matinee posters. This one is from my favorite kiddie matinee company, Childhood Productions (they usually have the better posters...and all say the film is in "storybook color" and "Never before shown anywhere"). With the possible exception of one or two, I think I pretty much have all of the Childhood Production posters.





MONDO CANE and MONDO CANE 2 combo:

Here is the double feature release of the 60s documentaries that started the "mondo" craze, "Mondo Cane" and "Mondo Cane 2". Virtually unknown to younger people today, these docs caused quite the sensation when they were released. Tame by today's standards, they still have their place in film history. And the poster features highlights from both films: "The With-it sex highs" "See the chicken that smokes", "naked witchcraft murders", ""co-ed orgy baths", "today's cannibalism", "see priests on fire!" THE MOST SENSATIONAL EXPOSE OF THE FREAK SIDE OF LIFE! Zowie!




THE INCREDIBLE MELTING MAN:

I remember when this came out. I wanted to see it so badly, but didn't get to (of course) until the VHS days. By then, I was not impressed. Even the poster wasn't that exciting to me, but I got it for nostalgia's sake (even though I probably already have one tucked away somewhere).





FRANKENSTEIN MEETS THE SPACE MONSTER and CURSE OF THE VOODOO combo:

Zowie! I love, love, LOVE this final poster! It is a great example of a really cool poster for a really awful movie, "Frankenstein Meets the Space Monster"!! The original title was going to be "Mars Invades Puerto Rico" or something like that--but who'd pay to see that? It's such a cheap and cheesy flick--in black & white, although you'd never know from the full-color poster.

The poster also screams that the management would supply patrons with FREE space shield eye protectors to prevent their abduction into outer space! Zowie! I wonder what those were. This is also a combo poster where the double feature is prominently displayed, "Curse of the Voodoo". Wow! Up until now I only had a ratty half sheet for this title. The one sheet is nearly pristine! Yippee!





Okay---everything is pulled over (with the exception of some snore-inducing martial arts posters I don't care about). If / when that old site dies (which it slowly is), I'll still have my poster collection (of stuff purchased this year, at least) saved here.

Thanks for stopping by.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this