Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 51*#

October 22, 2015, 06:17:27 PM 

I'm B-A-C-K!

Here is yet another mixed bag of new acquisitions...eh. It's almost not even worth posting, but...  Here we go anyway!


THE OMEN (Turkish):

Oooooo. I just got the Turkish "DAMIEN: OMEN II", but what I really wanted was the original Turkish "Omen". It's so much more interesting than the US. It kind of reminds me of the Thai posters (I wonder if there was a Thai poster for "The Omen"? Hmm.) Well, tuh-DUH!!!! I finally HAVE the Turkish poster for "THE OMEN"!  Yippie!  (Now I wonder what the Turkish "Omen III" is like. I've never seen one of those. Probably not nearly as interesting...)





THE NIGHT EVELYN CAME OUT OF THE GRAVE: 

I'm not 100% sure, but I could almost swear I saw this movie on one of those  crappy/cheap-O 10 (or 25 or 50) movies for $5 DVD sets. If I did see it, it was not that memorable. I don't recall it at all. But I have long thought the poster was creepy enough with the skull-faced woman holding a decapitated head. The worms are waiting...





THE SADIST:  

I already have one of these, but I saw this one going cheap and I just couldn't let that happen. So I snatched it up. This is a weird little low budget flick--kind of laugh out loud unintentionally funny with D-list (Z-list?) star Arch Hall Jr in the lead. I do dig the poster too.






STONE COLD DEAD: 

I never saw this flick, but I do remember when it played in theaters. I was about in the 8th grade and I really wanted to go based on the commercials and the ads in the paper (smaller versions of this one sheet). It's probably a crappy movie--and in the newspaper ads, you really couldn't tell that the body in the shower was of a young shapely woman. oh my! I've not bothered to chase down the film. The one sheet is enough of a reminder of those youthful days.





VOLCANO (teaser):

I like my disaster flicks--I do. The ones from the 70s were the best. I already have the "VOLCANO" one sheet, but this was a teaser. While I wasn't wild about the finished film, it was okay. The teaser was uber cheap--why not?






THE STEPFORD WIVES:

While I am reasonably sure I have one of these, it's always good to have a back up--and this one seemed to be in nice condition. This was a good little movie, kind of forgotten today (the horrible remake didn't help any). Anyone remember the three TV movie sequels? (REVENGE OF THE STEPFORD WIVES, THE STEPFORD CHILDREN, and THE STEPFORD HUSBANDS). Plus, this film featured Katherine Ross and Tina Louise and a great downer ending.






SERIAL MOM:  

Eh...John Waters' films aren't what they used to be. This is his first or second (when did "CRY BABY" come out again--was that right after "Hairspray" or after this?) post-Divine films. I have this poster already, but this was cheap--and John Waters. Not the best of his films--by far--but not the worst.






DEAD SPACE: 

I've never heard of "DEAD SPACE", but I imagine it's gotta be crap (Or I probably would have at least heard of it by now). But when I first saw the poster for this apparently wannabe "ALIEN"rip-off, I laughed. The man in the monster costume, for some reason, reminded me of "Far Out Space Nuts", a really dumb 70s TV show with Bob "Gilligan's Island" Denver lost in a space capsule and encountering different Saturday morning TV monster/aliens each week. I don't know why that popped in my head, but it did. Space trash...






MAME:  

Speaking of trash, I LOVE my bad movies. But there are some movies I can NOT bring myself to watch. Like the idea of Burt Reynolds singing and dancing has kept me from watching the horror that is "AT LONG LAST LOVE" or Sylvester Stallone's crooning in "RHINESTONE", Lucille Ball's voice has kept me from witnessing the multi-million dollar disaster that is "MAME".  Eek! I do have it on DVD---just have not been delirious enough to pop it in and give it a watch yet. I've posted the trailer below, for those of you with strong stomachs (WARNING: You could possibly be MAMEd for life!). And, yes, I did buy the poster. Cheap.


https://youtu.be/mcjn1BmQeNg






THE INCREDIBLE PETRIFIED WORLD: 

Who doesn't love those low budget drive-in flicks from the 50s and early 60s? Well--let me rephrase that (since this movie is a big stinkeroo), who doesn't like the POSTERS from the 50s and early 60s drive in flicks? This one didn't go nearly as high as I thought it might...and became mine. Yippie.






And that's another batch. Golly. I told you it was really a mixed batch...kind of bottom of the barrel, but there were a few gems in it.

Until next time,

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this