Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #21*#

June 01, 2015, 01:21:24 AM

Today's sharing of recent acquisitions comes with an important lesson. Do not---repeat--- DO NOT ever bid outrageous amounts of money for items you expect to be outbid on anyway just because you have to work and can watch the auction process. Why? Because it will BACKFIRE on you and cost you dearly. OMG!!!  What the heck am I going to do? OUCH!  My credit cards took a big hit. I don't know if I can sustain this habit much longer. It's just gotten so pricey in the last 10 years or so. Jinkies!

Anyway, here's some recent stuff...

BLACULA:
You know I have a thing for Blaxploitation horror titles of the 70s. We'll here's the one sheet for possibly the biggest Blaxploitation horror flick of all, "Blacula"! You are probably shaking your head and asking yourself, doesn't Monster A GoGo already have that? The answer would be YES. OOps! I saw one for sale at a cheap price that I could not let go by so cheaply and , knowing I'd be outbid, bid on it anyway and...D'oh!  It's mine now. ARGH!





DRACULA A.D. 1972 / CRESCENDO (Double Feature):
From Blacula to Dracula, here is the one sheet for the 2nd to last Hammer Dracula flick starring Christopher Lee in the role, "Dracula A.D. 1972"...it's also my second poster in the series (I'm working my way backwards it seems...going from the least in demand/cheapest on back, apparently. I already have the last one, "Count Dracula and his Vampire Bride" and now this one.). Notice that it is co-billed with "Crescendo" in it's original (?) release.





RETURN OF COUNT YORGA:
"Return of Count Yorga"---I've never seen any of the "Yorga" movies. I just got this poster because it came with "Dracula A.D. 1972". Ha!





RING OF FEAR:
I've wanted this next curiosity for years. I've never seen the flick, but aside from the circus aspect of the film/poster, "Ring of Fear" stars (but was NOT written by) pulp novelist Mickey ("I, The Jury") Spillane.





KONGA:
While the hunt goes on for a decent "King Kong" re-release poster and/or "Mighty Joe Young", here is "Konga"!  Again you may be thinking, doesn't Monster A GoGo have "Konga"? The answer would be YES unfortunately. See "Blacula" above as to why. Groan...





RHINESTONE:
Sometimes you just like things because they are so awful. I've never seen "Rhinestone" (and never will), but the idea of Sylvester Stallone singing country music with Dolly Parton is just so god awful AWFUL---it must be a howler, albeit a very painful one. I got the poster to remind myself that even box office giants (I never understood the appeal of Stallone myself) can get too big of egos and make stinkeroo flop-a-ramas that the very existence of make me smile at how ill-conceived they were.





VAMP:
"VAMP"---simple, classic, clever. Kind of like a horror version of the poster for "Victor / Victoria"






THE GHOST:
Euro horror queen Barbara Steele stars in "The Ghost"!  EEEEK!  Cool poster.





ONE DARK NIGHT:
Another zombie flick---"One Dark Night". I actually saw this years ago in the theater. I remember it being a nifty little flick.i should track it down again. At the time I thought it was very underrated. I don't remember much about it now though. Crappy poster, but...







THE BLACK CASTLE:
"The Black Castle"---stunning poster. Not one of Universal's big classics (I've never even heard of it) but it does feature Karloff and Chaney.





BLOODTHIRSTY BUTCHERS:
Yowza!!  Andy Milligan's "Bloodthirsty Butchers"!!!  O' how I've been trying to get that title...  His films are god-awful, but the posters are wild. This one is actually the nicest of the horror titles, but the others ("The Rats Are Coming, The Werewolves Are Here", "Torture Dungeon", "The Man With Two Heads", etc) have an amazing sleaze factor to them. LOVE EM!!!





DRAGONFLY SQUADRON:
Although it does not mention it on the poster anywhere (waaagh!), "Dragonfly Squadron" is an old 3D movie from the 50s. It's also one of the few that have been restored and released on 3D blu-ray. This as those "diamond folds" in it that mar it somewhat---but it's still very nice. It also stars Bruce Bennett (He was a pre-Weismueller TARZAN when he was calling himself  Herman Brix)






LADY GODIVA:
"Lady Godiva"---why?  Believe it or not it is because I already have the 60s nudie quasi-sequel "Lady Godiva Rides"








SATAN'S SATELLITES:
Oh.... I LOVE this poster for "Satan's Satellites"---so hokey and cheap and dig that robot! Zowie! Cool poster for a low budget turd!





VIKING WOMEN AND THE SEA SERPENT:
My final poster and prize o' the day is for "Viking Women and the Sea Serpent". Just GORGEOUS!!!  Wow!!!





Of course now I have to PAY for these somehow. HA!  Oh well... Uh... Ha!

Until next time...

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this