Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 35

August 26, 2015, 01:21:48 AM

I need to get to bed, but want to get these up... Just a few more entries and I'll be done. Again these are poster purchased earlier this year, posted on another site---before I started my page here. I'm just moving them over...


THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS:

This first one was just something I stumbled upon, never expecting to see one or buy one. It was just suddenly there and not too expensive (considering what it is)."The Beast of Yucca Flats" is a low-budget shocker from the early 60s that stars Ed Wood favorite Tor Johnson. It's strictly a cheap, low budget flick...as the (not too thrilling) poster clearly makes it look, but has become a minor cult classic.





A  CHRISTMAS STORY:

"A Christmas Story" is another long-wanted poster. It's mine now,and I didn't have to stick my tongue to a frozen flagpole, ask Santa or shoot my eye out to get it. Yippie!





THE CHRISTMAS THAT ALMOST WASN'T:

Speaking of Christmas...I've never seen this flick and only heard of it when seeing the one sheet. Since seeing it, I've been hunting but not wanting to pay too much for. I've seen re-release matinee posters, but wanted this initial release poster (that says "Childhood Productions" on it). Again, I've never seen this Italian import--but it's colorful and could be fun to have on the walls during the holidays.



THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!:

The posters of sleazemeister Andy Milligan's films are collectible.The posters are better than the films themselves and have a wonderful sleazy quality to them. I am lucky enough to have a couple already, but getting "The Rats Are Coming! The Werewolves are Here!" is a true joy! There are other posters of his I really want---but to me, this one is a real coup. Yahoo! I just wish I had a better example (photo-wise) to share with you.





KONGA:

Even though I just scored another copy a few weeks back, I really had the hots for the British "KING KONG" rip-off,"KONGA" one sheet! Love this poster (although the film is kind of lame). i HAD been trying to get one forever. That's one off of my "Gotta have it" list! Whoo hoo!



SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE:

 I already have one of these (I think), but thought this was a good bargain. From the 80s, it's the poster for "Soroity House Massacre" -- another movie I've never seen (or its sequels...).




BILLY JACK:

Here is the re-release of "Billy Jack". Although I have the set of "Billy Jack" movies on DVD, i still have not watched them yet. Made in the 70s, they are supposed to be cheesy cult flicks. I have one of the 4 Billy Jack posters and thought I'd go after the whole series. I like the re-release "Billy Jack" (as simple as it is) over the weird, psychedelic original release poster. It's nothing special but here it is:




BLOOD BEACH:

Here is the cool one sheet for "Blood Beach" (another poster that is, in my opinion, better than the movie itself). The best thing about this flick is the poster art and the tag line that totally riffs that of "Jaws 2"--Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, you can't get to it! I already have at least one copy of this cool poster (I think), but it never hurts to have a spare. I actually saw this in the theater with a piece of crap called "The Day After Halloween". UGH! Neither film was all that good, but this one was better...and did i mention i liked the poster?




FIRE:

The photo below is the only photo I could find online (stolen from emovieposter.com...gasp!) to illustrate the poster for the international theatrical version of Irwin Allen's TV disaster movie "FIRE"! (The copy I got is a one sheet--not the three sheet shown). I already have another copy of this that had taken me years and years to track down. This one showed up and I bid a minimal amount ...and won it. Now I have a back up. Cool disaster art (for a crappy TV movie that international audiences had to PAY to see. Ha! At least it produced a cool one sheet...).





TORMENTED:

Although I had scored a copy of the wonderful "Tormented" poster in late 2014, another (in great condition) became available and went for a price that was too low NOT to invest in a 2nd copy. SOLD! I'll resell one of them down the line.




And there's another 10. Stay tuned for more coming soon.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...