Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 35

August 26, 2015, 01:21:48 AM

I need to get to bed, but want to get these up... Just a few more entries and I'll be done. Again these are poster purchased earlier this year, posted on another site---before I started my page here. I'm just moving them over...


THE BEAST OF YUCCA FLATS:

This first one was just something I stumbled upon, never expecting to see one or buy one. It was just suddenly there and not too expensive (considering what it is)."The Beast of Yucca Flats" is a low-budget shocker from the early 60s that stars Ed Wood favorite Tor Johnson. It's strictly a cheap, low budget flick...as the (not too thrilling) poster clearly makes it look, but has become a minor cult classic.





A  CHRISTMAS STORY:

"A Christmas Story" is another long-wanted poster. It's mine now,and I didn't have to stick my tongue to a frozen flagpole, ask Santa or shoot my eye out to get it. Yippie!





THE CHRISTMAS THAT ALMOST WASN'T:

Speaking of Christmas...I've never seen this flick and only heard of it when seeing the one sheet. Since seeing it, I've been hunting but not wanting to pay too much for. I've seen re-release matinee posters, but wanted this initial release poster (that says "Childhood Productions" on it). Again, I've never seen this Italian import--but it's colorful and could be fun to have on the walls during the holidays.



THE RATS ARE COMING! THE WEREWOLVES ARE HERE!:

The posters of sleazemeister Andy Milligan's films are collectible.The posters are better than the films themselves and have a wonderful sleazy quality to them. I am lucky enough to have a couple already, but getting "The Rats Are Coming! The Werewolves are Here!" is a true joy! There are other posters of his I really want---but to me, this one is a real coup. Yahoo! I just wish I had a better example (photo-wise) to share with you.





KONGA:

Even though I just scored another copy a few weeks back, I really had the hots for the British "KING KONG" rip-off,"KONGA" one sheet! Love this poster (although the film is kind of lame). i HAD been trying to get one forever. That's one off of my "Gotta have it" list! Whoo hoo!



SORORITY HOUSE MASSACRE:

 I already have one of these (I think), but thought this was a good bargain. From the 80s, it's the poster for "Soroity House Massacre" -- another movie I've never seen (or its sequels...).




BILLY JACK:

Here is the re-release of "Billy Jack". Although I have the set of "Billy Jack" movies on DVD, i still have not watched them yet. Made in the 70s, they are supposed to be cheesy cult flicks. I have one of the 4 Billy Jack posters and thought I'd go after the whole series. I like the re-release "Billy Jack" (as simple as it is) over the weird, psychedelic original release poster. It's nothing special but here it is:




BLOOD BEACH:

Here is the cool one sheet for "Blood Beach" (another poster that is, in my opinion, better than the movie itself). The best thing about this flick is the poster art and the tag line that totally riffs that of "Jaws 2"--Just when you thought it was safe to go back in the water, you can't get to it! I already have at least one copy of this cool poster (I think), but it never hurts to have a spare. I actually saw this in the theater with a piece of crap called "The Day After Halloween". UGH! Neither film was all that good, but this one was better...and did i mention i liked the poster?




FIRE:

The photo below is the only photo I could find online (stolen from emovieposter.com...gasp!) to illustrate the poster for the international theatrical version of Irwin Allen's TV disaster movie "FIRE"! (The copy I got is a one sheet--not the three sheet shown). I already have another copy of this that had taken me years and years to track down. This one showed up and I bid a minimal amount ...and won it. Now I have a back up. Cool disaster art (for a crappy TV movie that international audiences had to PAY to see. Ha! At least it produced a cool one sheet...).





TORMENTED:

Although I had scored a copy of the wonderful "Tormented" poster in late 2014, another (in great condition) became available and went for a price that was too low NOT to invest in a 2nd copy. SOLD! I'll resell one of them down the line.




And there's another 10. Stay tuned for more coming soon.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this