Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 27

August 09, 2015, 11:12:43 PM 

Not everything I got recently was from a lot that no one else wanted. For this post of 10 posters we'll play a game--"LOT or NOT". I'll post a picture, ta;l about it a little bit and let you guess--was this something I got in a LOT ("LOT") or was this something I bought intentionally ("NOT"). Put on your thinking caps (but really, this will be easier than you think...):

Poster 1: FRAILTY: I dislike Bill Paxton (Ugh...).He is one of my least favorite "actors" (is that what he's doing? "Acting"?). But Matthew McConaughey is intriguing sometimes. I dig horror flicks and the art caught my eye when this first came out. I won't say what I thought of the film (since this is the LOT or NOT game), but I did not rush out and see it when it debuted.



Poster 2: FEAR DOT COM: I like Stephen Dorff (even I find that odd. Ha!). I'm a big horror fan. However, when this came out I completely missed seeing it. It was only on home video that I finally caught it.



Poster 3: "BEWARE THE BLOB": I am certain I already have this one sheet (my other copy has a tear in it) and also the one sheet for it's alternate title, "SON OF BLOB". While not the best sequel ever, Larry Hagman's feature film directorial debut is still a blob film. I will probably never get a one sheet for the original "BLOB" so these will have to do.



Poster 4: "THE FINAL CONFLICT": I like horror flicks (how many times have I said that already?). The "OMEN" series is a classic (although each film gets weaker/sillier as the series progresses--but the first was awesome! The remake was totally unnecessary) and I am strangely looking forward to the upcoming DAMIEN TV series based on the movies/books. Although this, the third entry, was rather sedate (and don't even get me started on the TV movie 4th entry--UGH!), I do have it in my DVD collection and have seen it several times.




Poster 5: SOMETHING WILD: I remember this coming out and the talk that it was going to be a cult movie. I saw it (a couple of times) and don't think it was all that interesting. It could have been better...and the talk of it becoming a cult film may have been to booster its box office or explain its lack of box office. Still the poster is kind of charming.




Poster 6: MAGIC MIKE XL: I didn't see this and probably won't see this. Is it even still playing? Ha!  Whatever. This is a sequel, right? I'm guessing the XL stands for "extra large" and is not the Roman numeral 40. If there were 40 "Magic Mike" movies, I've really fallen off of the planet.



Poster 7: FLUBBER: I confess I never saw FLUBBER (although I did see the ABSENT-MINDED PROFESSOR and SON OF FLUBBER that its based on). But this is a poster for the late, great Robin Williams. He was a genius (at times. Other times he was just...annoying. And I hated, hated, HATED "Awakenings"!). There won't be any more Williams posters coming around...




Poster 8: PRISON: I'm not sure if I ever saw this film or not, but I don't think I've ever seen the poster before. I dig the skull imagery combined with prison motifs. I just wish they had take the title and integrated it mnore, possibly as "teeth" in the skull instead of just being there below the skull. Oh well. No one asked me.





Poster 9: THE FOURTH KIND--the ultimate exploitation flick (that did not take off). This film tries to one up the found footage genre. By mixing allegedly real "found footage" of an alien invasion of a family with dramatic recreations of said footage. But both the real footage and recreation footage are BOTH fake. And neither are that compelling. Oh well.It was a nice idea--and there were a few lame brains out there who actually believed it. Bravo! Just wish it had been better...




Poster 10: THE GRINCH: This is the live version of the animated TV classic starring Jim Carrey and about four times as long as the cartoon version. It was an interesting experiment and I thought it was very good when I first saw it...but it's lost a lot of its charm (for me) since then...even though I have some authentic production-used Grinch mail and the regular one sheet (I think). The advance does have a bit of style about it though... Hmm.



Okay kiddies. Have you figured out which were from a LOT and which were NOT? Let's see...

Poster 1: LOT. (I didn't like the flick, plain and simple)

Poster 2: LOT (I really didn't like the movie. Ha!)

Poster 3: NOT (Yes, even though i already had a copy, I had a good deal on this one and bought it. Hoipefully it's in better shape than the one I already have.)

Poster 4: LOT (I already have THE FINAL CONLICT one sheet.)

Poster 5: LOT (I really didn't like the movie...)

Poster 6: NOT (It was cheap--beefcake and cheesecake posters tend to be worth more 10 years or so down the road. At least that's been my experience. I hope this follows that trend and doesn't tank because of the over saturation of the poster. Hmm.)

Poster 7: LOT (Really? FLUBBER? Ha ha ha ha ha!)

Poster 8:  LOT (I do like the poster though and it was probably one of the factors I bid on this lot to begin with)

Poster 9: LOT (Crappy flick...)

Poster 10: LOT  (I kind of like the simple Santa-suited Grinch hand holding the broken ornament, but it was in the lot)

How did you do? Anyone get 100%? (Oh really, it was not that hard...and all of the ones from the lot were kind of rolled. Easy peasy!)

I'm in a grumpy mood. Never mind. More posters to share--including those I dread talking about,

Stay tuned.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this