Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #25*#

Here are two more re-creation posts--a short one and then a longer post:

July 06, 2015, 12:46:29 AM 

I've been noticeably absent from the boards. Why? I'm still reeling from the blow of my recent purchase. OUCH!  There was a "White Slaves of Chinatown" poster offered on the recent Profiles in History movie poster auction. It was paired with an H. G. Lewis "2000 Maniacs" poster (also on my bucket list). I bid a crazy high price---and won. Oh my... The winning bid was $500, but with tax, shipping and premium, it was close to $700. OH MY STARS!!! That knocked the wind out of my sails in a big way...

Anyway, here are the posters (the official auction scans of the actual items) and a "Godzilla Vs The Smog Monster" poster I scored rather reasonably around the same time (the photo for it that is shown is NOT the actual poster--just used for illustration). Oooooo my aching wallet.

GODZILLA VS THE SMOG MONSTER:
"Godzilla Vs The Smog Monster"--this may be one of the only GODZILLA films before the (first) reboot in 1985 that I have NOT seen. But I couldn't let the poster pass by at such a reasonable (comparatively) price.





WHITE SLAVES OF CHINATOWN:
Here it is--the world's most expensive copy of the "White Slaves of Chinatown" poster!  Zowie!  I still feel like I was just punched in the guy. Now I'll have to sell off the trimmed version I scored on emovieposter.com. Ha!





TWO THOUSAND MANIACS:
Finally, here it is---H. G. Lewis' "Two Thousand Maniacs". Although I do have a few posters for his exploitation films, it's his horror titles I really collect...and there are now fewer left to go before my collection IS complete. Yippie!





That's it. I am uber-poor. I don't know when I'll be back. Ooooooo...I'd better recheck my interest rate on my credit cards.

CHEERS!


July 26, 2015, 09:27:44 PM

OOoooo crap-a-rama!  I won't even begin to tell you what sort of a financial mess I got myself into today with a certain auction house's movie poster auctions closing yesterday and today (that story will come...eeek! Stay tuned!). However, while I was trying to navigate its new, updated website, I discovered all of these past purchases of mine listed. Huh? I thought I had only started using this site AFTER joining this site. And yet, there were purchases from 2010, 2011, and 2012. Some of the items I could swear I got on eBay--and this auction house does have a presence there. But I am still flabbergasted to see them there...and the prices I paid (so incredibly CHEAP, especially when compared to the fallout from the "White Slaves of Chinatown" purchases and those of the last two days...which I am still NOT ready to talk about).

So here is a look at purchases past (purchases present will be coming soon...my shock and horror have subsided a bit):


"Fort Bowie" and "Oklahoma Territory". This was a 2 poster lot. I'm no fan of westerns and have no interest in the "Oklahoma Territory" one sheet. The "Fort Bowie" one is a different matter. In fact, I remember bidding on this and being thrilled I got it. It's stored away...but until now I did NOT even realize it was called "Fort Bowie". I thought it was called "Massacre!". Yep. So enthralled was I with the artwork of the Indian...er, Native American about to scalp the blonde, my eyes never wandered down to the lower portion of the poster. Ha!  This set pushed me back...$32 in 2011.

FORT BOWIE:



OKLAHOMA TERRITORY:




Another 2 poster lot was the Steve Reeves version of "Thief of Baghdad" with Guy Williams' "Captain Sindbad" (That extra "d" has always bothered me...). ($15 in 2011)


THIEF OF BAGHDAD:



CAPTAIN SINDBAD:



FORT TI:
Also from 2011, William Castle's 3D western "Fort Ti"! Zowie! I'm a sucker for a gimmick. William Castle was the king of the gimmicks (and he had some great ones for his horror flicks). 3D has always been a fave--especially the way the posters were presented back in it's hey day. I have so few 3D posters from the 50s...this one set me back $15 (!!!!) just 4 years ago.



FACE OF THE SCREAMING WEREWOLF:
Another 2011 purchase---"Face of the Screaming Werewolf. A cheap 50s horror flick with a cheap-looking poster. But only $21 ???  SALE! Anything that cheap from the 50s--snatch it up. Wow! I bought it but am amazed at how cheap it was looking back. It's incredible how prices have just skyrocketed lately!



FAIR WIND TO JAVA:
I had never heard of "Fair Wind to Java" before the auction for this poster came up. OMG. The poster is in primo shape, with gorgeous artwork and colors.
$25, 2012.



THE FICTION MAKERS:
"The Fiction Makers" is apparently a movie version of "The Saint" starring a pre-James Bond Roger Moore. Whether this was an original movie or, like many of the "Man From U.N.C.L.E." movies, this was culled from TV episodes, I do not know. I had not seen one before and have not seen one since. A $15 from 2010.



MISSION GALACTICA: THE CYLON ATTACK:
Something that WAS made from TV episodes was "Mission Galactica: The Cylon Attack". This Australian poster is for the movie (not released in the US) taken from the first few episodes following the "Battlestar Galactica" pilot (which, itself, had been whittled down and released as a feature film...in SENSURROUND, which this sequel apparently did NOT have)!. 2010 $15.




TARZAN'S JUNGLE REBELLION:
Taken from the 1960s "Tarzan" TV series starring Ron Ely is the poster for "Tarzan's Jungle Rebellion" 2009 $10.



TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY (Re-release):
OMG!!  I have been trying to collect Tarzan posters for years. I recently got a Lex Barker (talking Tarzan @2) poster--and was thrilled. I never thought I'd have a Johnny Weismuller (talking Tarzan #1--the classic Tarzan) poster, but apparently I DO have one. It's a re-release poster of "Tarzan's Desert Mystery" purchased in 2010...for a piddly $36. WHAT!?! There is NO WAY,re-release or not, that I could touch a Weismuller Tarzan poster for that amount today.




There were a few other posters that showed up as well...nothing really worth noting though (i.e.some old war movie called "Suicide Battalion" $15, "Three Bites of the Apple" $10, "Operation Conspiracy" $15, "Van Nuys Blvd" $10, killer snake movie/ "Willard" ripoff, "Stanley" etc.) and several others I won't even bother listing.

SUICIDE BATTALION:




THREE BITES OF THE APPLE:




VAN NUYS BLVD:




STANLEY:




Stay tuned for more...

Cha cha cha!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this