Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 26

July 29, 2015, 09:07:39 AM 


Just a quickie... (Gotta get ready for work). Here are some recent acquisitions -- just 10 -- that aren't that exciting, but whatever. Here they are:

SPHINX:
A British one sheet for "Sphinx".




TRON LEGACY:
Not that I saw it or have any interest in it (and no idea what I was thinking when I bought them), but here are two different posters for "Tron Legacy":







THE GALLOWS:
The recent horror flick (that's not very good) "The Gallows" was filmed entirely around Fresno and the surrounding area. The directors have been promoting it at a local theater since it came out. Yesterday I was at that theater seeing another bad horror flick ("Vatican Tapes"--blah), and when I exited, there were the directors, sitting at a table in front of the actual gallows set piece in the lobby, autographing mini-posters. The film is just about done--it only plays one showing a day at that theater, at 10pm, yet they were there promoting it until it is completely gone. (Don't they have anything else to do?). Anyway, here is my signed mini-poster.



ADAM AND EVE: THE FIRST LOVE STORY:
"Adam & Eve: The First Love Story"...Oh my stars! I actually saw this movie. (I was suckered into seeing it under the title "Adam and Eve Vs The Cannibals"! Ha!). It was jaw-droppingly bizarre-O! It was ridiculous---a fake killer bear, blue people, killer pterydactyls, cannibals (for about 5 minutes--that's all!) etc. Hilarious! Not wild about the poster--it's not the cover art for the video--but those are the actors. Guys may note that Eve is showing, uh... her "forbidden fruit". Ladies may take note that Adam may be wearing a loin cloth because he may be too excited to safely fit in a fig leaf. Not a great poster, but had to get something on that doofy, goofy flick.



I'm outta time. I'll get the rest later (there are more than 10 new ones, but I was trying to be brief and squeeze those 10 in before work).

More later...

August 09, 2015, 10:00:49 PM 

I'm back to finish/expand on the post I started a while back. I've been on a vacation I could NOT afford, but...

Speaking of things I can not afford, although I'm still NOT ready to talk about what I bought yet (What the hell was i thinking?), I will say that I am now in such a financial hole i don't even preview auctions any more. They are just too tempting. All of the emails I get about auctions I ignore. I don't dare look or I'll try to buy-buy-BUY more...which i can NOT do. Jeepers!

Anyway, here are some more of the things I was going to share last time...

RED RIDING HOOD:
I hated this flick when I saw it in the theaters. It had so much potential, but it missed the mark, I felt. Why do I have the poster? It (and several other things in today's posting) came in lots I got fairly cheaply. whoopie do.




RETURN TO NEVERLAND:
I also saw this in the theater--don't remember a thing about it. Bland poster, but again, part of a cheap lot.



THE THREE MUSKETEERS:
The recent 3D "Three Musketeers" was a flop-a-roo. I saw it just before it died off entirely (in 2D, alas...). Oddly enough, I liked it. Yes it was mindless, but it was also fun. The poster is worth nothing, but it was also part of the lot...which is probably why I bid anything for it at all.





RAMPAGE:
Is this based on the Night Stalker serial killer? I'm not sure what this movie is. It's William Friedkin, but I don't think I've heard of it before. It was in a lot. Hmm.




FUTURE FORCE:
I have no idea... LOT poster. Next...



ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE:
I've two posters for Disney's non-classic animated flop "ATLANTIS: THE LOST EMPIRE" (more trash from the bargain basement lot-o-rama I won):






FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET:
I also got the one sheet for Dario Argento's "FOUR FLIES ON GREY VELVET". It's one of his giallos, right? I've never seen it.




ARENA:
Another lot poster---looks like cheesy crap-a-rama!



PRINCE OF DARKNESS:
Although I already have one, I also scored another copy of John Carpenter's "PRINCE OF DARKNESS" one sheet. WHY? I have no idea. I didn't even like the movie...




That's enough for this post. I hate to post more than 10 posters per post. But I have a lot more junk...er, stuff to share. All coming soon---eeek!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this