Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #19*#


May 21, 2015, 10:07:51 AM

Good morning!

Wow! Thanks for all of you stopping by. I appreciate the visit. I am glad you made yourselves at home (I do hope the bathrooms were clean... Oh my!).


And, just when you thought I was going to drudge up more purchases from the last few years ago again, here is a batch of NEW purchases!!!  (Ooooo pretty-pretty!)  Bucket list items, you may ask? At first glance, you would probably say "no way" (even at 2nd glance...or 3rd...or 347th...), but... let me explain as we go...


This first one is the jewel of the posters presented today. Ooooo how I've wanted this one for a long while. "CIRCUS OF HORRORS"!  Yippie!!!






The poster for "THE BLACK CAT" is decidedly...not that interesting. Why bother? Well, I was trying to track down horror posters from Lucio Fulci. I have "Zombie", "House by the Cemetery" and "Gates of Hell". Why not "Black Cat"?






"GAME OF SURVIVAL" (better known as "Tenement")... I already have this. It's "new" but I got it only because it came with "The Black Cat" (yes--it was a two-fer deal).






"Tarzan Contra Los Hombres Leopardo"... Huh? I love my Tarzan movies, but had never heard of this movie (with someone named Ralph Hudson playing Tarzan??). Oh my STARS! The world of unauthorized Tarzan rip-offs has suddenly opened up to me. Zowie! There are many, many bogus Tarzan flicks out there I've just learned...and posters to go with them! Bucket list item was Tarzan posters I don't have yet...  Wow!  There are many, many more now than I had originally thought.






"Rollercoaster Rabbit"?  YES!  Don't judge. Don't judge....







"BACK TO THE BEACH" ?? Hello? I have all of the classic Frankie & Annette Beach Party posters now. While I had a "Back to the Beach" poster already, it was folded and I was not happy with it (and I don't mind folded posters at all--usually). This purchase was a chance to finally get a rolled version. Kowabunga!






Ha!  Speaking of folded vs rolled, the poster I got of "BLOODY BIRTHDAY" IS folded -- unlike this example photo I'm sharing which looks rolled (is that possible?). I like this version of the poster better than the other style (the crudely drawn hand in the birthday cake with the fingers acting as candles). (Bucket list: 80s slasher flicks/holiday horrors I don't have yet)






Oooo... I scored a later Boris Karloff (bucket list--old Karloff posters I don't have yet) poster, "THE HAUNTED STRANGLER"!  Zowie!  "Their wild beauty marked them for death"---wild beauty? That conjures up interesting images, but it's probably just then-present era model types (who can't act?). Ho hum...





My last poster de jour is the preferred style (by me) for John Carpenter's "THE FOG". I never really liked the movie that much (but it is sooooo much better than the remake. Geez that was crap!), so there was never a rush to get this poster---and then poster prices started climbing and climbing and CLIMBING!  Cross this off the list now...





Okay, have a cha-cha-cha groovy day. I've got to hit the shower and get myself to a doctor appointment. O' the joy of aging...  NOT!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this