Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #19*#


May 21, 2015, 10:07:51 AM

Good morning!

Wow! Thanks for all of you stopping by. I appreciate the visit. I am glad you made yourselves at home (I do hope the bathrooms were clean... Oh my!).


And, just when you thought I was going to drudge up more purchases from the last few years ago again, here is a batch of NEW purchases!!!  (Ooooo pretty-pretty!)  Bucket list items, you may ask? At first glance, you would probably say "no way" (even at 2nd glance...or 3rd...or 347th...), but... let me explain as we go...


This first one is the jewel of the posters presented today. Ooooo how I've wanted this one for a long while. "CIRCUS OF HORRORS"!  Yippie!!!






The poster for "THE BLACK CAT" is decidedly...not that interesting. Why bother? Well, I was trying to track down horror posters from Lucio Fulci. I have "Zombie", "House by the Cemetery" and "Gates of Hell". Why not "Black Cat"?






"GAME OF SURVIVAL" (better known as "Tenement")... I already have this. It's "new" but I got it only because it came with "The Black Cat" (yes--it was a two-fer deal).






"Tarzan Contra Los Hombres Leopardo"... Huh? I love my Tarzan movies, but had never heard of this movie (with someone named Ralph Hudson playing Tarzan??). Oh my STARS! The world of unauthorized Tarzan rip-offs has suddenly opened up to me. Zowie! There are many, many bogus Tarzan flicks out there I've just learned...and posters to go with them! Bucket list item was Tarzan posters I don't have yet...  Wow!  There are many, many more now than I had originally thought.






"Rollercoaster Rabbit"?  YES!  Don't judge. Don't judge....







"BACK TO THE BEACH" ?? Hello? I have all of the classic Frankie & Annette Beach Party posters now. While I had a "Back to the Beach" poster already, it was folded and I was not happy with it (and I don't mind folded posters at all--usually). This purchase was a chance to finally get a rolled version. Kowabunga!






Ha!  Speaking of folded vs rolled, the poster I got of "BLOODY BIRTHDAY" IS folded -- unlike this example photo I'm sharing which looks rolled (is that possible?). I like this version of the poster better than the other style (the crudely drawn hand in the birthday cake with the fingers acting as candles). (Bucket list: 80s slasher flicks/holiday horrors I don't have yet)






Oooo... I scored a later Boris Karloff (bucket list--old Karloff posters I don't have yet) poster, "THE HAUNTED STRANGLER"!  Zowie!  "Their wild beauty marked them for death"---wild beauty? That conjures up interesting images, but it's probably just then-present era model types (who can't act?). Ho hum...





My last poster de jour is the preferred style (by me) for John Carpenter's "THE FOG". I never really liked the movie that much (but it is sooooo much better than the remake. Geez that was crap!), so there was never a rush to get this poster---and then poster prices started climbing and climbing and CLIMBING!  Cross this off the list now...





Okay, have a cha-cha-cha groovy day. I've got to hit the shower and get myself to a doctor appointment. O' the joy of aging...  NOT!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...