Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 33

August 22, 2015, 01:46:15 AM 

I'm going to quickly try to post more posters from 2015 I got BEFORE starting this page on ALL POSTER FORUM. These are NOT new purchases. I have NOT bought a poster in weeks...  UGH!  So sad...  Anyway, here's the latest "old" batch:

SILENT NIGHT DEADLY NIGHT:

This was kind of a big coup for me. It is the incredibly hard to get original release poster for "Silent Night Deadly Night"! The movie is trash (really...sorry!), but love the graphics of a killer Santa popping down a chimney with an axe! Fabulous! And MINE--finally! Guess what I'll be hanging in my living room (if I ever get out of my storage shed of an apartment, that is) next holiday season... Ho ho ho!!!





AFTER DARK HORRORFEST 2007 / 8 FILMS TO DIE FOR:

The After Dark Horrorfest / 8 Films To Die For mini-film festival (I've caught a few of the films in theaters--most on video) actually has one sheets. Who knew? This is for the 2007 event. Are they still doing this? I have not noticed them in a while. Hmm.




THE EROTIC ADVENTURES OF PINOCCHIO:

I already have a copy of this poster---but this one was cheap and I posted it because most people today have no idea there was a silly (and yawn-inducing) little parody called "The Erotic Adventures of Pinocchio". ("It's Not His Nose That Grows!") It sounds better than it is. Snore. And actually, the title on the poster ("Erotic Adventures Of...") is better than the on-screen title, which is just "Pinocchio". Double snore. Dyanne Thorne of the "Ilsa"movies plays the Blue Fairy. The poster is the best thing about it--and that really isn't even saying very much...




CLOSE ENCOUNTERS OF THE THIRD KIND:

Another long-sought poster, Steven Speilberg's follow-up to "Jaws", was 1977's "Close Encounters of the Third Kind". I loved this movie as a kid. Now, it's kind of s-l-o-w (maybe because I've seen it and know what's coming?). But it is a classic of it's kind.




WITCHCRAFT '70:

"Witchcraft '70" is a moldy oldie,obscure-o documentary thang from 1970 (duh). I've seen the poster go for a lot and I have seen it sell for very little (like this one did). The poster is 45 years old and kind of cool with the scantily clad woman kissing a skull and the wording shouting out all of the shocking acts on display in the movie. I have actually seen this turd. It's pretty lame, but...





PLANES - FIRE AND RESCUE:

"Planes 2"--I've actually never seen the "Planes"movies...or the "Cars" movies they are spun off from. But the poster is kinda cool, it was a popular flick and it's a Disney title. Hopefully it will rise in value. I'm NOT holding my breath though.





THE CHRONICLES OF NARNIA - THE LION, THE WITCH AND THE WARDROBE:

I never saw any of the "Narnia: The Lion, The Witch and the Wardrobe" movies, but I couldn't resist this lenticular (has that cool 3D effect) poster for the first film when I saw it "on sale". SOLD! This photo does NOT do it justice.





HOUSE OF DARK SHADOWS:

Forget the Tim Burton/Johnny Depp hunk of junk from a few years back, this is the original "House of Dark Shadows", retelling the original Barnabas Collins story from the classic soap opera "Dark Shadows" with the original "Dark Shadows" actors! I've been looking for a decent copy for years! Got one!





CLAWS:

"CLAWS"is a pretty rare poster and the movie is also hard to find. The year before this was made,a killer bear movie called "Grizzly" was released. This was a ripoff of "Grizzly" (which was itself a ripoff of "Jaws" but set on land). The reason "CLAWS" is so hard to find is because it was released internationally as "Grizzly 2"--even though it was NOT an authorized sequel. (There actually is a sequel to "Grizzly" that was filmed and never released. Look up "Grizzly 2: The Concert" on YouTube--the work print is there and you'll be amazed by the stars that were in it...). Blah blah blah...I'm thrilled to get this--and it was CHEAP!





AMERICAN PSYCHO:


"American Psycho" starring Christian Bale and based on the Brett Easton Ellis novel is a cult hit. The poster is often pricey and hard to find. I got it at a surprisingly reasonable price! Yahoo!






And now, off to bed. I gotta get to work bright and early. UGH!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this