Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #17*#

May 18, 2015, 01:09:15 PM


Since I can't sleep...okay!  Here is more schlock from the last 1-3 years.

Okay, yes this first poster is for some adult movie from the 70s called "HEATWAVE". No, I've never seen it but I had to have it because... Well, back before email, I used to do this quirky thing. I used to write long letters to friends and then I would decorate the envelopes as if they were mini-movie posters for amazing epics that never existed. I'm no artists, so I made all of these xerox copies out of old movie ads from newspapers and would cut them up and create "new" ads with them. I came across an ad for "Heatwave" and used it (and other ads) in my envelope movie poster for a new sequel to "THE OMEN" called "THE OWOMEN". To make the title, I cut out the letters of "THE OMEN" and flipped an "M" upsides for the "W". I used the lady with the devil snake as the main art with the catch phrase "Wouldn't you know it would be a woman who brought about the end of the world". (Sorry ladies...). Blah!  Blah! Blah! Anyway, when I saw this poster for sale on emovieposter.com, I HAD to buy it just in memory of my old faux poster art.








"THE MUTILATOR" is a quasi-lost and mostly forgotten slasher flick from the 80s. It survives on video (vhs and bootleg DVD), but from what I read, the company trying to get it out on (legitimate) DVD was discovering that there were no film elements for the completed film any where---just bits and pieces. I actually saw this in the theater way back. It was a scary experience--not so much because of the movie, but because there was a clearly mentally disturbed person in the audience. He would get up, stand beneath the screen, look out at the audience and do this little bounce dance...then sit back down. He did that several times. This was years before that horrible shooting in Denver, of course...but he freaked me out--especially because I was there all alone and might have been (gasp!) under 17 in an R Rated movie. I was sure he was going to go psycho and "get me". Anyway, the poster is viciously  creepy and sleazy...very effective.







Mario Bava's "BLOOD AND BLACK LACE"...blood and gore were never so stylized and pretty (in a morbid sort of way) together. An early classic Euro gore flick by one of the brilliant masters...and I am thrilled to have the poster for it.






I remember seeing the commercials and newspaper ads for "HORROR HOSPITAL" as a kid and wanting to see it desperately. During the VHS era i finally got my chance. SNORE! However the poster is still amazingly sleazy-awesome! Grindhouse patrons probably flocked to see this based on the poster alone. Had to have it...






"TENTACLES" is another example of the poster being better than the movie. I already had a copy, but apparently sometime in the last few years I bought another simply because it was out there for sale--cheap--and I couldn't let it just go for as cheaply as it was listed. This isn't the best photo of it--but the artwork is fantastic. Too bad nothing as exciting or as interesting as the poster happened in the movie!








Jayne Mansfield and Phyllis Diller were the main attractions for me buying the one sheet for "THE FAT SPY". Have you ever seen it? AWFUL! It is extremely low budget. Jayne plays a daddy's little rich girl-type (well beyond playing a daddy's little girl and quite chunky in this--possibly just after having one of her kids? And only 4th billed with a cartoon image of herself on the poster? Jayne was clearly at the end of her career with this trash...). Phyllis Diller looks like she's just starting hers. It's a mish-mash...part wanna be beach movie (complete with singing and dancing teens), part treasure hunt, complete mess! Still, it's Jayne Mansfield!








"THE PIRATES OF BLOOD RIVER" looks like a fun movie...but I'm guessing the poster is better than the flick? Who's ever heard of this any way? It does star Kerwin ("Seventh Voyage of Sinbad") Mathews, Glenn ("Homicidal") Corbett, and (3rd billed?) Christopher (Hammer "Dracula") Lee though. Fun poster!






I dig my old Hercules/peplum/sword & sandal flicks from the 50s and 60s...but I'm not sure if this early 70s flick would qualify. Ha! Back before he was "Conan" or "The Terminator", Arnold Schwarzenagger (as "Arnold Strong") was Hercules in "HERCULES IN NEW YORK". It says it was filmed entirely in New York. I actually think I saw this ages ago on VHS. If so, what I remember was very low budget and very bad. Still, I love the shot of Herc driving the chariot through Times Square in the poster. is that in the movie? Probably not. And it stars Arnold Stang? Oh my!  Ha!






Speaking of Hercules, I also picked up "THE THREE STOOGES MEET HERCULES"...







Last one for now..."WAR OF THE ZOMBIES"!  Zowie! This looks like it might be fun. Clearly something I should try to track down?  The "Zombies" in the title caught my attention--but these don't look much like the Romero-esque zombies of today. I wonder why this never played on Saturday afternoon TV back when I was a kid. It looks like it would have been fun.





Okay---there's 10 more. Nothing fancy (clearly).... But it is what it is.


CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this