Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #16*#

May 18, 2015, 02:11:57 AM (Another recreation)

Not much happening poster shopping-wise for me lately. I've picked up a FEW goodies, but I'll save those for when I have more to share. Instead, I thought I'd do another flashback to purchases from the last 2 years or so (since they are all in boxes or tubes until I move back into a house). In no particular order:


"FRANCIS IN THE HAUNTED HOUSE"---I've never seen any of the Francis the Talking Mule movies (yet). This was the 8th (?) and last one in the series. I've always been curious about this series ("Francis" came before "Mr. Ed") and this swell poster is about him going to a haunted house!  Yowza! How fun! With Mickey Rooney too!





Here's another of those kiddie matinee posters. This one is for a non-Disney "PINOCCHIO" (All new! All live! Never before shown anywhere! Presented in glorious glowing Storybook Color.)






Here's a late (and lesser known) entry in the cannibal genre, "WHITE SLAVE"!






This movie is crappy---despite all of the stop motion animation, etc in it. But wow!  Such a fun and schlocky poster---"LASERBLAST".Don't bother with the movie--just hang the cheesy poster on your wall. Ha!






I know what you are thinking, that "SHARKNADO" is NOT a movie and played on TV. This can NOT be a "movie poster". WRONG! While it WAS a TV movie, it did play theaters mere days after it debuted--but there were NO posters for that showing. However, several months later, RiffTraxx (the former Mystery Science Theater 3000 guys) did a "live" show that was broadcast in theaters from coast to coast. This is the movie theater movie poster to advertise that event. (And yes--I DID go to see it! You gotta love the glorious stupidity of "Sharknado" movies! Hello!??!)






"THE STRANGLER"--never seen it but a creepy cool old poster that makes it look disturbing and with Victor Buono (King Tut from "Batman" and also from "Whatever Happened to Baby Jane"), it's bound to be interesting.






"THE CHILD"---simple black and white poster, but effectively creepy with the gnarled trees, long shadows, off hinge gate, hint of graves and, of course, the glowing-eyed girl.  Oooooooo





During the spy craze, everyone was getting into the act...including "The Flintstones" in the big screen movie "A MAN CALLED FLINTSTONE". If the poster looks familiar, it's because it's mimicking another popular spy movie poster, "Our Man Flint"! Zowie!






Alas, it's the poster for an apparently LOST bigfoot movie (that looks like it might have been awesomely BAD), "REVENGE OF BIGFOOT" starring Rory Calhoun! Ha!






And here's our 10th and final flashback poster for the evening, William Castle's gimmick-laden poster for "HOMICIDAL" (the film with the "Fright Break" and the "Coward's Corner"!!  Ha!).





Okay bed calls.

Good night!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this