Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 89

March 23, 2016, 07:15:20 PM

Surprise! It's NOT the middle of the month yet. In fact, it's less than a week since my last poster posting. Oh man...I have totally relapsed. This addiction to posters is stronger than i thought. I can NOT stop looking/buying. It's all consuming. UGH!.. I was working on my mid-April posting and it kept growing and growing and growing--and not even a week has gone by since my St. Patrick's Day post and I have already acquired 10 more posters. UGH! I am out of control again.

Anyway...I'm posting these now. I'll start again on my April post (which, as I write this, I am thrilled to say has NO POSTERS on it for the moment. Let's see how long that lasts though).



ILSA: HAREM KEEPER OF THE OIL SHIEKS:

I already posted this one in the new acquisitions thread (for March), but I am posting it here for MY reference. It's the 2nd of the infamous ILSA flicks. I think I might already have one...but wasn't 100% sure. I KNOW I have the first one and the third one for sure...but I was not certain about this one. So...got it! I also have the one sheet for WANDA THE WICKED WARDEN...which, through the magic of dubbing and re-titling, eventually became ILSA THE WICKED WARDEN (WANDA starred Dyanne Thorne...Ilsa herself. Very similar movies, so why not?). Hooray! I have all of the US one sheets (but I do need to track down an Italian 2F of the first one...just stunning. Dang! This quest never seems to end...)

T mentioned something in the March acquisitions thread about passing on the nazi stuff. I totally understand his feelings, but it's not that the first Ilsa movie deals with nazis that is the fascination for me. I separate exploitation stuff like Ilsa from the real atrocities of WWII. Ilsa is over the top. Not only has Ilsa been a concentration camp commandant in the first film, but was a harem keeper, commandant of a men's prison in Siberia, madame of a massage parlor/prostitution ring and the warden of a woman's prison. And she's a woman! (How many female commandants were there?)...AND let's not forget that Ilsa goes from the 1940s to the late 1970s in the different films withOUT aging nor is there any explanation of how she survived her death in the first film. It's just total exploitation cheese and sleaze--not real at all. If I had to sit through a "regular" World War II drama (such as "Force 10 From Navarone" or "Midway" or "Run Silent, Run Deep" etc.) . I'd be bored to tears and if it were a documentary about the atrocities, i'd be utterly disturbed and horrified and probably walk out. Fictional violence and horror I can stand--real stuff bothers me to no end. I apologize though if my tastes offend anyone. Besides--this poster is for the 2nd film in the series. No nazis here---but we still have Ilsa as a harem keeper! Ha!  Such crazy sleaze.





ZOMBIE (Italian 2F):


Not too long ago, I stumbled upon an Italian release poster for "ZOMBIE" that I had never seen before. I snapped it up. Imagine my surprise when I came across a 2nd one. I should have known better, but I went for it any way--and bought it. The first one was super cheap. This one not so much. Coupled with the shipping costs (it's in...well, Italy!), I paid a lot more for it than I should have. UGH!  Oh well.   I've translated the tag line. It reads: "When the dead come out of the grave, the living will be their blood."





HUSH...HUSH, SWEET CHARLOTTE:

This movie was supposed to have been a follow up reuniting of Bette Davis and Joan Crawford after their WHATEVER HAPPENED TO BABY JANE success. Crawford pulled out and was replaced by Olivia DeHavilland. I don't think this film is nearly as good as BABY JANE, but it has its fans.





DAY OF THE ANIMALS:

One of the JAWS-inspired animal attack films of the 70s, I've always liked DAY OF THE ANIMALS.I already had this poster. I just got it again as it came with next poster in the same lot.





GRIZZLY:

It's JAWS on land! GRIZZLY was a surprise low budget hit. It didn't really work for me, but it did inspire some ripoffs of its own (and a never-finished sequel...look for the work print on youtube and be amazed by the all-star cast. I'm NOT kidding! Here check it out yourself: https://youtu.be/eyZATyPp_ew  but skip to the 3:50 mark to avoid an annoying and long introduction by the bozo who posted it).  I did want the poster though. I think I have it, but have never been sure...so I got it.





LOUISIANA HUSSY:

This would have been further down the list than it is as i have wanted this poster for years. I love me my bad movies. I was in a "bad girl" phase a while back and bought this movie along with several others titles (SHANTY TRAMP, COMMON-LAW WIFE, etc.). While LOUISIANA HUSSY wasn't the hoot that SHANTY TRAMP was, I still dug the poster. I bought this during a Heritage Auction I had a chance to log into briefly while at work,. It had NOT been on my watch list (I now remember why) and I wanted it. I spent a good amount on it...and then later realized...ugh! It has a Canadian Censor stamp on it. That's a deal breaker for me, darn it all. UGH! Once I saw mention of the stamp, i remembered that I HAD seen it listed, but did not save it to my list because of the damn stamp. GRRR!  Oh well...the hunt goes on. But what a wonderfully trashy poster otherwise!





ENTER THE DEVIL:

"Then it's too late for exorcism" screams the tag line!!!  Zowie! That grabbed my attention. i'm a sucker for Exorcist knock-offs. However, this little regional rarity was released in 1972...before "The Exorcist" hit the screens. The book was a big best seller by 1972 though and the film version was in production---which I'm sure got the attention of the marketing people since, from what i understand about this movie, this flick does not contain any exorcisms at all (Well, it is TOO LATE for exorcisms after all). Instead this appears to be some forgotten flick about a satanic cult off in the desert somewhere. It's a smaller size than most one sheets, measuring 22 x 34.5. Hmm. Still it has interesting yet cheap looking horror art for an obviously low budget production...with equally financially limited distribution. It's nothing too exciting--but more of a little curio. I think I actually have the movie somewhere (From Sinister Cinema--sure it's a crappy copy). I'll have to dig it out and give it a watch. Or not.





TEENAGE PSYCHO MEETS BLOODY MARY aka THE INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES WHO STOPPED LIVING AND BECAME MIXED-UP ZOMBIES:

While I do NOT as yet have an original INCREDIBLY STRANGE CREATURES... poster, I was gleefully thrilled to grab this re-titled re-release poster. Even though the poster is a cheaply designed mess, it is a joy of exploitation and gimmickry. WORLD'S WEIRDEST MOVIE! In BLOODY VISION--Not 3D but real flesh and blood monsters alive in the theater. No one will be safe! They might get you! WOW!!  How fun. I read up on this and they actually had theater personnel running out into the audience wearing cheap masks at one point in the film. That would have been a hoot to see. This was one gimmick poster i could not pass up. NOT for SISSIES!





KING KONG ESCAPES (British one sheet):

OOooo...another crazy KONG poster for the KONG collection. The Toho Kongs were so hokey looking. Here he is. stomping a city, battling helicopters and hurling a tree ---fierce, right? Just look at that silly face. Too funny.. He looks more like the "Bumble"/Abominable Snowman from "RUDOLPH THE RED-NOSED REINDEER" than the mighty KONG. Set against the sunny yellow background that makes the image pop, I find I really like this poster. It makes me smile...it's so goofy-wonderful. I'm gonna have to dig out those Japanese Kongs and give them another watch.





RODAN: 

Wow! Wow! Wow! So, I will probably never have an original GODZILLA. Last year, I was lucky enough to score a GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER (aka GODZILLA #2) to replace the one I had stupidly sold off a few years before. as well as a few other GODZILLA titles. But getting the poster for the debut of RODAN is exciting too. Whoo hoo!




That's 10. Now that the slate is being wiped clean, hopefully I can get better control of myself. ARGH!

I hope you are all well.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this