Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 85

February 15, 2016, 01:08:01 AM 

Hi there. How was your Valentine's Day? Filled with hugs, kisses and (as Shirley Feeney would say) vo-dee-o-dodo? (Oh my!) Maybe just sweet exchanges of cards, flowers and chocolates? I worked all day...  That was fine. (UGH...sooooo dang tired...)
Anyway--I hope you had a Happy Valentine's Day everyone. And now on with the posters:



TWIN PEAKS - FIRE WALK WITH ME:

I already have a copy of this that I got years ago from the theater that was showing it. But my copy got some damage after years of storage. I picked this copy up as a replacement. With the new series coming out soon (now scheduled for 2017--ugh! I can NOT wait!) I am hoping interest in this title will go up. I wasn't wild about the film prequel---but it was still better than no TWIN PEAKS at all.





THE MYSTERIANS:

From behind the moon they came...to invade the earth, abduct its women, level its cities! Zowie! I have half-heartedly been trying to get one of these posters for years. I was surprised to win this lot...especially since it came with TWO copies of the same poster (cutting the actual price in half). I'll re-sell one later down the line. In big screen color! Greatest science fiction picture ever conceived by the mind of man! (That, of course, implies that all of the other better sci fi movies were conceived by, what? Aliens!? Ooooooo!) Ha!~





LOGAN'S RUN (Beach Towel):

What a minute, you are saying. That isn't a poster. It's a beach towel. That is correct. Nearly 40 years ago, in the summer of 1976, I remember buying one of these Farrah Fawcett/LOGAN'S RUN beach towels at the long-defunct GEMCO department store in town. It was thin and very cheaply made. I had it thumb-tacked up to my wall for 2 years, until we moved. It was somehow lost in the move and never recovered. Since that time I have been trying to get a replacement. It's been a seemingly impossible task...until I came across this one is as nice of shape as you can expect after nearly 40 years. I am delighted to finally have another copy (who knows...maybe  this was actually MY towel from way back when?) and will eventually frame it and hang it up on a wall again.





THE CRAZIES (original version):


I was thrilled to snag this little gem...the one sheet for the original CRAZIES bt George Romero. I finally saw the film last year...expect to see the remake this year some time.





BARON BLOOD (Italian 2F):

I find this poster just gorgeous. I had been watching it for some time, but didn't want to pay what the dealer was asking for it. He also had the poster below (no peeking---you'll see it in a moment any way) and, after hanging on to my rather generous allotment of eBay Bucks for a few weeks with nothing better to spend them on--I opted for this poster (and the one below) and got both essentially almost for free. Wow!






BLOOD-SPATTERED BRIDE (Italian 4F):

I do not like the Italian 4F size. They are just TOO BIG and how do you keep the two sheets that make up the poster together? Hmm. Despite NOT liking the 4F size, i was just drawn to this poster. The 2F for this title did not work for me at all...in fact, this movie is crappy in my opinion. But this poster? I don't know why, but I just love it. When I decided to finally cash in my eBay bucks, I decided to just go for it and get this. It's big (too big) and beautiful...and free! Yowza!




JAWS 2 (Advance Red/sunset-style):

Oooo. I have been wanting one of the rare "red"/"sunset" advance posters for "JAWS 2" for a long while. Never thought I'd get one. Looks as if it has a bit more fold wear than i am comfortable with, but... I'll have to wait and see what it looks like in real life when I get it before i can tell for sure. It did take a big bite out of my wallet though. Ouch...





GODZILLA VS THE THING:

Whoo hoo!  Another classic GODZILLA title for my collection. of course, i still need the original (never gonna happen) and a few other posters--mostly from the 70s---but this brings me one step closer to completing (as much as possible) the series.





GORGO:

Zowie!  Another giant monster movie/Godzilla rip off poster! GORGO!!!! Cross that off my list. Yippie!





GOLDFINGER and DR. NO re-release combo:

This had been on my list for the longest time...  I actually have left it on the list, because I am going to seek out a better copy than this one. I have one sheets for all of the Bond films (admittedly, most of the Connery Bond titles are the 80s re-release versions) and had most of the double (or triple) feature re-release posters...except for this one. ARGH!  I've been trying to procure one for the last 20 years +/-. I'd see one and it would slip away...constantly. I didn't let this one go---but paid too much for it and am not happy with the wear on it. BUT--I am one step closer to happily having a copy I like.



And that's it for February. I'll see you guys in mid-March. Drop me a line if you like. Buy great posters! CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this