Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #9


Hi there. Welcome to another snore-inducing, er...um, glamorous and exciting edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show! Happy late-spring!  Eek. Summer is just around the corner---with its blazing temperatures and zillions of kids out of school (making movie-going often unbearable). Are you ready for the summer? Hopefully so. In the mean time, thank you for popping in. Please help yourself to a gander at my latest acquisitions...

ALIEN SEED:
This is a video poster for a direct-to-video movie I have never seen. Yes, it looks like total crap (although having Erik Estrada featured is a wonderful campy bonus). This was part of a lot (with the poster below it---which was the one I was going after). I got the lot for $10 plus shipping. So, $5 each isn't bad...  I wonder if this is worth seeing--even for camp value?



ELVES:
The second poster in the lot---and the one I wanted, "ELVES." I never saw this---but I know it went right to video and gave Dan Haggerty a job (He is still anxiously awaiting a sequel, I am sure). The upper corner looks kind of bent--but not torn. It looks to be in okay shape aside from that. I was looking for Christmas horror and am still trying to find a "Don't Open 'Til Christmas" poster (which I know also only went to video back in the VHS days) to round out my collection. I have never seen this--and i am sure it is awful--but I just ordered a bootleg copy on DVD. Ha! Ho ho ho!




SPECTRE:
I already have a copy of this, but I am a big Bond fan and isn't it funny how relatively inexpensive this is now (mine for $31) than when it came out (when they were going for about $100+)? Ha! I'm looking forward to the next Bond (and the next and the next...)




MURDERER'S ROW:
As a Bond fan, one might correctly assume that I also dig some of the knock-offs that came in Bond's wake...such as the Dean Martin "Matt Helm" series. I believe I already have a copy of "Murderer's Row"--but it came as part of a lot that featured another Matt Helm poster (below) I was not so sure I had already or not.




THE SILENCERS:
I knew I had "MURDERER'S ROW" and "THE WRECKING CREW" posters, but I'm not so sure about "THE SILENCERS" or "THE AMBUSHERS". When I spotted this lot of Matt Helm posters moments before they were to close (How had I missed them earlier? Yikes!) and saw that "THE SILENCERS" was included, I went for it. I got them for $35, which is $17.50 each---not bad at all. Now I just need to figure out if I still need "THE AMBUSHERS" or not. I'll have to look...



THE FURY:
I already have several copies of this...and here I am, buying yet ANOTHER! Ha! I'm a sucker for "CARRIE" ripoffs. This one is unusual in that it was ripped off by "CARRIE" 's own director, Brian DePalma, and one of its stars, Amy Irving. Lame movie---but I dig it for some inexplicable reason. (Snore-A-Rama poster though...)



HAPPY BIRTHDAY TO ME:
Here is another poster I already have several copies of. I never seem to learn...  This and the one above were two of several posters I bid on and then left to the fates to decide what I would win and what I would lose. I won two things I already have. Oh well. '80's holiday slasher horror!




THE EVIL DEAD 2 (Thai):
I already have one of these. However, as I am prone to doing, I saw this and put a bid on it anyway.  And won. It was actually much cheaper than the one I got originally. Hmm. 



SOLO-A STAR WARS STORY:
As I have said several times, I am not a "Star Wars" fan. I've seen most of the movies in the theater (After the Jar-Jar Binks #1 film, I skipped out on #2 and #3), but usually late in their runs. I'm not sure if this one will fly or not. The guy playing Han Solo looks NOTHING like a young Harrison Ford. Will it be a hit or go the way of the infamous "Star Wars Holiday Special"? I have no idea. BUT...the way people go crazy over STAR WARS in general and noting how high priced the posters can get, I couldn't help but pick this up when it was reasonably priced. It the movie takes off---it will go up in value (hopefully). If it flops, well... That would be my luck.




HALLOWEEN (2018):
Speaking of things getting expensive at the time of their release (See the SPECTRE poster above), I jumped on this advance poster for the upcoming HALLOWEEN movie as soon as I realized what it was (I thought it was another Mondo poster at first). I'm sure it--and especially the final release poster--will get crazy high come release time. I'm curious about this movie--and anxious to experience it. The poster is...kind of dull, though. Oh well.




That's 10...so that is all for now. Thanks for stopping by to visit and taking a look. 

CHEERS!

PS Hey, I just realized---it's only 6 months until Christmas. You'd better get shopping. (Or the "ELVES" may get you... Ha!)





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this