Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 99

June 09, 2016, 03:02:53 AM

Hi there!

Because I am bored and need to go to bed--but don't want to for some reason (even thopugh i am super sleepy), here is another bonus post of new-ish stuff. It's not the best stuff...I'm saving that for the regular post.



THE HANGING WOMAN(aka BEYOND THE LIVING DEAD and RETURN OF THE ZOMBIES):

I got one of these a while back, but this one is in better condition. This is such an obscure Euro zombie flick from the early 70s with Paul Naschy in it as a hunchback lab assistant, if i recall correctly. NOT a great film, or even a very good film...but as it's a zombie flick, I dig it. The titular hanging woman  (Ha!  That sounds funny just writing it) is only in the very beginning of the film...and, i think, her death was the precursor to some ancient curse--or some such mumbo jumbo. Whatever---who knows what movie goers were expecting with a misleading title like THE HANGING WOMAN, but I'm sure it was not a silly Euro zombie-thon. Ha!





STUDENT BODIES:

This poster and a few others in this post, the 5 from my last mini-posting, and all of the others in the scheduled post on the 15th with the obvious clips holding the poster up for the photographs, were from this little auction house I had never heard of before. One of their (two) big auctions for the month was a horror/monster collection from some doctor who had collected for 50 years. I was utterly unimpressed. It looked more like something you'd find on eBay than in an auction house. There were no WOW posters...just little trivial things like this and the others. I bid on a lot of them---was outbid on some--but really did not spend very much at all. The other items were mostly monster models. Hmm. I wonder if, when i die, my crap will end up at an auction house somewhere? I expected a big garage sale--if anything at all...

Anyway, mini-bargains for me, I guess.

STUDENT BODIES was an early horror comedy--long before the SCARY MOVIE series. The best thing about it is the poster. Although i think i have one already in my collection (which I'll sort through this fall). The poster promises 13 1/2 dead bodies and 1423 laughs. That is blatant false advertising as there are no laughs. (It wasn't very good--really.) But I really do dig the poster!






GOLD OF THE AMAZON WOMEN:

I've never seen this flick--and I realize the Amazons were not supposed to have been cannibals, but I thought this poster would work with my cannibal movie posters---Jungle-y horrors and all.





HULA HULA (Italian 2F):

Here's an Italian poster I thought would work in either the cannibal or tiki corner of the Monster A GoGo Shack-o-rama. Zowie!





THE ROMAN SPRING OF MRS. STONE:

What is THIS doing in the Shock-o-rama Poster Show? Well, I do like both Vivian Leigh and Warren Beatty, but the real draw was Tennessee Williams. Williams was great. His subjects were always defective people with defective lives---but all done with great subtly and the restrain of the conservative 1950s. GLASS MENAGERIE, A STREETCAR NAMED DESIRE, SUDDENLY LAST SUMMER, CAT ON A HOT TIN ROOF, etc. They all deal with damaged people in tragically dreary lives. I'm fascinated. Although Williams wrote into the 80s, most of his later plays were flops/critical failures.

THE ROMAN SPRING OF MRS. STONE is an interesting tale with sad characters and situations. Mrs. Stone is an aging movie star visiting Rome, who is also a recent widow. She encounters a woman, Lotte Lenya (who was Rosa Klebb in FROM RUSSIA WITH LOVE was Oscar nominated for this) plays a woman who can arrange young male companionship. Beatty is the young gigolo (but who has a girlfriend, Jill St. John). So Stone/Leigh falls for the impossibly young man who can never really be hers. It's not the best Williams tale, but again, it was written/made in a more conservative era.





THE FOREST:

I already have one of these--but I bought another. I'll re-sell it later. This is a case of the poster being better than the movie--in a BIG way. The movie SUCKS! But this 80s slasher poster is hard to come by.





JASON X (Commercial):

In my last mini-post, I shared the release one sheet for the Friday the 13th Jason in space epic, JASON X. This was supposed to be an advance one sheet for the film (so said the auction house I bought it from). I had NEVER seen this one--so, of course, I bought the lot (it had both posters in it). Of course now I realize it is a commercial poster---NOT a movie poster at all. ZONK!



Okay--I'm heading to bed now. I'll be back with my regular posting on the 15th.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this