Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 103



June 27, 2016, 12:26:11 AM

Hi there. It's either late June or early July...possibly even July 1st. (I'm writing this June 16th as I know I'll be on my road trip when posting time comes around--and I won't have time to put this together then...if it gets posted at all.)  Unfortunately, I DO have some (too many, actually) new (to me) posters to share with you. They are mostly nothing special though... Here they are:




INDEPENDENCE DAY (Style B):

When I saw this up for auction, it occurred to me that I don't have any of the ID4 posters. I put a bid in for this style B version...and was delighted to see I won it.





BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO:

I have never seen (nor will I ever see) either of the "BREAKIN' " movies. I will also probably never buy the poster for the original  "Breakin' ". However, when you get to sequels, no movie sequel has ever had a more awesomely asinine subtitle than BREAKIN' 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO. It's been mocked for years -- and rightly so. I love that subtitle and think there should be a law that requires every sequel with a "2" in the title to have "Electric Boogaloo" as its subtitle. I can just see it now-- "JAWS 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO", "THE GODFATHER 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO", "EXORCIST 2: ELECTRIC BOOGALOO" (well, that might be the exception to the rule. People might mistake it for Linda Blair's epic ROLLER BOOGIE--easy mistake. BOTH are awful). But you can see how catchy the subtitle is. And---just look at those hip 80s fashions. Uh...what 80s were they in? I NEVER dressed that outrageously! Golly, I wonder what ever happened to stars Adolfo "Shabba Doo" Quinones or  Michael "Boogaloo Shrimp" Chambers? They're probably anxiously awaiting Breakin' 3 to be green lit any day now... Ha! All of this joy for only 1 cent (plus shipping)!  Fabulous!





ROMANCING THE STONE:

Not that I needed this (and I probably already have this anyway), but it only set me back $2.25. I got it to pad out the postage for my "Breakin' 2" poster.





PASSION PLANTATION (aka BLACK & WHITE EMMANUELLE) (Italian 2F):

I didn't need this poster. I got it for $5. I have the sleazy/awesome US poster already--which I like better. Oh well.





HELLRAISER: DEADER:

Yes, this IS a video poster. It's one of those instances where if you really want the poster, you have to take a video poster--as there was no theatrical posters made (because it did not play theatrically). This was one of the awful direct-to-video sequels...but I've decided to track them all down anyway. Why not? I have the theatrical posters for the first 4 films already...I might as well finish it off. (That is, if they bothered to make posters for all of the DVD movies they released...)





THE DAY TIME ENDED:

I've never seen this flick...but have heard that it is an ambitious low-budget thing that is worth a look. Why not get the poster?





FRANKENSTEIN'S CASTLE OF FREAKS:

I saw this obscurity years and years ago---and need to see it again--as I remember liking it (in a jaw-droppingly wonderfully bad sort of way). I don't remember much about it---but what a great title. And notice one of the cast is credited as being "Boris Lugosi,"  no doubt added to confuse the casual movie fan. Ha!





INVASION OF THE BODY SNATCHERS (International):

I've wanted this for years. There are actually a few different foreign versions, but this is my first one. The US one sheets for this 70s remake are just dull (I think). I didn't need this--but it is still cool.






NAZI LOVE CAMP:

I actually had this poster a long while ago. I wasn't wild about the artwork (the women at the bottom are little more than thick stick figures). So i stupidly sold it--not realizing what it was--for next to nothing. Stupid. I'm still not wild about the art, but I now realize what I've got. The Nazisploitation cycle may not have lasted all that long (what a bizarre-o subgenre to have ever come about), but to certain collectors/fans, these posters are worth a lot.






TWIN PEAKS: FIRE WALK WITH ME :

I already have this as well. I hope this is a better copy than the one I already have. While the movie was not the best (although it did have some amazing moments), I LOVED the series and am super excited for the new season/series coming next year.






SUICIDE SQUAD:

I have no clue what this movie is about...but I totally dig the poster. With all of the skulls...it's very Monster A GoGo-esque. (Now watch the movie suck...)





THE FROZEN GHOST:

I've not seen this film either, but couldn't resist the poster. It's a wonderful old school shocker from 1944. Great color, Lon Chaney...and, although it's NOT a classic monster, it's still vintage Universal. Cool. (Well, I think it is...)



That it for now. I'm heading off on my road trip today (writing this on the 26th), so if I happen to get more posters between now and the 1st, I'll save them for a future post. I hope you are all well.

Cha-cha-cha-CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this