Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2024: #6


I wasn't planning on buying any more posters. On top of all of my other many health ailments, I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. That is effectively taking me out of the game permanently. However, I have a handful of posters I had purchased or had bids on (but didn't expect to win). These leftovers (and there are -- gasp! --15 of them!?!) I'm not planning on sharing on other poster websites as I usually do. They are just here to be complete.

THE ANTICHRIST (Australian):
I love the EXORCIST ripoffs.  THE ANTICHRIST isn't one of the better ones--but, this is a poster I hadn't seen before...and it was cheap.


CARNAL MADNESS:
Never heard of this one--which is why I bought it.

EVIL DEAD (2009 re-release):
Not that I needed this (I have the original one sheet already), I thought it would be fun to pick up this rerelease one sheet from Grindhouse Releaseing.


MALIBU HORROR STORY:
I had a couple of these already. However, both were damaged (one severely so). I came across a brand new one--so...sold!

THE EXORCISM:
This film never came to a theater in my part of the world. But, as I said above, I love my EXORCIST ripoffs. Had to get one.

FLESH FEAST:
Whoo hoo! I finally scored a full one sheet (I had a half sheet) for FLESH FEAST. This is a low-budget crapfest...but it was also the comeback/swan song for one-time glamour gal Veronica Lake!

GONE WITH THE POPE:
I'm not quite sure if this is a rerelease or the first release for a movie that was never released, but this was another pick up from Grindhouse Releasing.

HOLLYWOOD 90028 (re-release):
This is a movie I am interested in seeing. I actually have the original release one sheet (which looks nothing like this one). I, at first, thought it was a movie knocking off the TV show BEVERLY HILLS 90210...but this came YEARS beforehand. This is another Grindhouse Releasing pickup. 

FANNY HILL MEETS THE RED BARON:
I've never seen this...but am thrilled to have the poster. It's the one I needed to complete the trilogy of FANNY HILL posters from Barry Mahon. (The other two are FANNY HILL MEETS LADY CHATTERLY and FANNY HILL MEETS DR EROTICO.) I wish they'd release these. I really want to see the DR. EROTICO one (which looks like a nudie-cutie Frankenstein-like flick).

OLGA'S DANCE HALL GIRLS:
This is the last of the infamous OLGA movies. It features a fake Olga and is generally reguarded as the lesser film in the series (although none are really that good. MME OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR is, unfortuantely, a lost film). I, however, like this one the best. It was the first one I got to see...and you never forget your first. Ha! I had this poster--but mine has a snipe on it. This one is in better shape and snipe-free!

MY BROTHER'S WIFE:
Not that it's much to look at, but YOWZA!!!  It's another RARE one sheet for a Doris Wishman sleazefest!Yahoo!!!

HOUSE OF THE DEAD:
I have no idea if this movie is any good or not. The poster is a bit rare--and I love it. It usually gets kind of pricey, so I was lucky to score this one.

JUNGLE BLUE:
X-rated Tarzan knock-off? Ha!

PUMPKINHEAD:
I had one of these--but it was somehow ruined in my move 2 1/2 years ago. Grr. Replacement!

PUMPKINHEAD:
Another "replacement".

That's it. NOTHING too exciting...but these should be my last purchases. I'm not optomistic about facing cancer. I'm glad I got to enjoy the hell out of this hobby for as long as I could. Golly--it's been nearly 50 years!

Thanks for checking out my pages over the years.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

  Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything. But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick. SURGIKILL (special) : I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap. POLTERGEIST I I: Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good. THE SATAN B...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...