Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2024: #6

 I wasn't planning on buying any more posters. On top of all of my other many health ailments, I have been diagnosed with esophageal cancer. That is effectively taking me out of the game permanently. However, I have a handful of posters I had purchased or had bids on (but didn't expect to win). These leftovers (and there are -- gasp! --15 of them!?!) I'm not planning on sharing on other poster websites as I usually do. They are just here to be complete.

THE ANTICHRIST (Australian):
I love the EXORCIST ripoffs.  THE ANTICHRIST isn't one of the better ones--but, this is a poster I hadn't seen before...and it was cheap.


CARNAL MADNESS:
Never heard of this one--which is why I bought it.

EVIL DEAD (2009 re-release):
Not that I needed this (I have the original one sheet already), I thought it would be fun to pick up this rerelease one sheet from Grindhouse Releaseing.


MALIBU HORROR STORY:
I had a couple of these already. However, both were damaged (one severely so). I came across a brand new one--so...sold!

THE EXORCISM:
This film never came to a theater in my part of the world. But, as I said above, I love my EXORCIST ripoffs. Had to get one.

FLESH FEAST:
Whoo hoo! I finally scored a full one sheet (I had a half sheet) for FLESH FEAST. This is a low-budget crapfest...but it was also the comeback/swan song for one-time glamour gal Veronica Lake!

GONE WITH THE POPE:
I'm not quite sure if this is a rerelease or the first release for a movie that was never released, but this was another pick up from Grindhouse Releasing.

HOLLYWOOD 90028 (re-release):
This is a movie I am interested in seeing. I actually have the original release one sheet (which looks nothing like this one). I, at first, thought it was a movie knocking off the TV show BEVERLY HILLS 90210...but this came YEARS beforehand. This is another Grindhouse Releasing pickup. 

FANNY HILL MEETS THE RED BARON:
I've never seen this...but am thrilled to have the poster. It's the one I needed to complete the trilogy of FANNY HILL posters from Barry Mahon. (The other two are FANNY HILL MEETS LADY CHATTERLY and FANNY HILL MEETS DR EROTICO.) I wish they'd release these. I really want to see the DR. EROTICO one (which looks like a nudie-cutie Frankenstein-like flick).

OLGA'S DANCE HALL GIRLS:
This is the last of the infamous OLGA movies. It features a fake Olga and is generally reguarded as the lesser film in the series (although none are really that good. MME OLGA'S MASSAGE PARLOR is, unfortuantely, a lost film). I, however, like this one the best. It was the first one I got to see...and you never forget your first. Ha! I had this poster--but mine has a snipe on it. This one is in better shape and snipe-free!

MY BROTHER'S WIFE:
Not that it's much to look at, but YOWZA!!!  It's another RARE one sheet for a Doris Wishman sleazefest!Yahoo!!!

HOUSE OF THE DEAD:
I have no idea if this movie is any good or not. The poster is a bit rare--and I love it. It usually gets kind of pricey, so I was lucky to score this one.

JUNGLE BLUE:
X-rated Tarzan knock-off? Ha!

PUMPKINHEAD:
I had one of these--but it was somehow ruined in my move 2 1/2 years ago. Grr. Replacement!

PUMPKINHEAD:
Another "replacement".

That's it. NOTHING too exciting...but these should be my last purchases. I'm not optomistic about facing cancer. I'm glad I got to enjoy the hell out of this hobby for as long as I could. Golly--it's been nearly 50 years!

Thanks for checking out my pages over the years.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 Special Edition: Top 10 Poster Purchases of 2023

  Welcome back! It's getting to be that time o' the year again. A new year is right around the corner and it's time us to reflect on all of the goodness that came our way during the year. Despite the fact that much of what is shown here is on linen (Groan...), the year still ended up being much better for me than it had any right to be.  So, let's quite the dilly-dallying and go take a gander. Shall we?  Here are the top 10 faves o' mine that I added in 2023: Runner up)  THE MAZE  (3-D on linen) : While not the most exciting of posters (Yes, it’s kind of dull.), it’s a vintage 3-D move poster from the first wave in the 1950s. Yahoo! Despite being on linen, it’s still a great find. This actually WAS included in my Top 10 for the year until another poster came along at the last minute that I like better. Instead of cutting it out, I just gave it the title of “runner up”.  I’m still thrilled to have it. 10) DEEP RED:  This should probably be further down the list as I