Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 98

June 05, 2016, 08:58:06 AM

It's not a regular posting time for me, but I just picked up a bunch of  cheap posters that are not that special. I thought I'd post them now so as not to clutter my post next time.


BEYOND THE DOOR:

This is a guilty pleasure of mine. I really dig this stupid rip-off of THE EXORCIST and ROSEMARY'S BABY. I like vintage shots of San Francisco (having lived there, it's interesting to note the changes) and how the family (that supposedly lives there) frequents well-known tourist spots. That would NOT happen in real life. I have this poster already as well (probably more than one?), but the copy I KNOW I have I put into a crappy cheap frame and the bottom has gotten damaged.




JASON X:

Jason in space! I already have this 10th Friday the 13th movie poster, but it was cheap and came with a bonus I didn't have (and which I'll save for my next proper post).





ANGUISH:

I've never seen this movie, i don't think. Interesting poster---all of the eyeballs behind Zelda Rubenstein, the diminutive actress from POLTERGEIST (she got a job?). It's probably a crap film? Anyone see it?





I, MADMAN:

I've not seen this either...I don't think. Interesting art though. The killer sneaks up on a girl reading a book with an image of a killer sneaking up on a girl. Clever.




CHEERS!

Okay--time for the shower and a L-O-N-G day of work. Groan....

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #17

  Welcome back…  This post is one of the weakest entries of late. That is saying a lot, as the previous entry was pretty bad. However, the next entry will be even more pathetic than this one. I’m winding down from my recent purchases… Finally. I can’t afford anything. But let’s take a look at when I have this time, shall we? This will be quick. SURGIKILL (special) : I’m not sure what this is. It’s only 9 1/2 x 8 1/2“ long. It is some promotional piece for Andy Milligan’s “ SURGIKILL”.  “SURGI-What!?! You’ve never heard of it, probably.  I do not know why, but I am an anti-Milligan aficionado. SURGIKILL Was one of his last movies. It went straight to  video. I caught it on DVD. It’s OK… Certainly nothing to write home about. But I couldn’t not get this piece. It is allegedly from Andy Milligan‘s estate…And was cheap. POLTERGEIST I I: Normally, I wouldn’t bother with sequel posters. But this was part of a lot. So why not? The movie itself… Not so good. THE SATAN B...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #16

Welcome back. As I write this, the very tail end of my recent poster-buying mania is coming to a close. Well, I still have to worry about auctions on Thursday of this week, it looks like I only have to worry about one poster. Whether or not I get it remains to be seen. However, at the moment, there are two posters in this post. I have one from recent auctions. One of them, the one that I am most displeased with winning, is fairly obvious. The other one, not so much. The one I may or may not win on Thursday? I think that will be obvious as well by what I intend to write about it should I win it, but we shall see. Can you figure out which posters I want in these last auctions before coming to my senses? Of the 10 title shown here two (or three) of them are from those final crazed auctions. TEENAGE COWGIRLS: What the hell was I thinking? On the tail end of my weird cancer buying spree (inspired by my seemingly surviving it—-although I’m not out of the woods yet—while two longtime friends ...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #14

  And welcome back… With this post, I am hopefully wrapping up all the posters I purchased in my recent mania. ( Actually, as I write this, there are still a few auctions out there. I have bids on that haven’t closed. While I doubt I’ll get anything, there’s always the worry that I will and that those purchases will spill over into another post. Eek!) As per my (sometimes) usual, I’ve got a lot of trash and a few treasures. I also have a very bad headache. So let’s get on with it already… VAN HELSING : This must’ve been a lot purchase. Although it’s based on a character. DRACULA , I had absolutely zero interest in seeing this movie. Zero. TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD (French) : I have long been a fan of the BLIND DEAD films . To my knowledge, only three of the four were released in the US and have one sheets. The first one, TOMB OF THE BLIND DEAD , was released as just THE BLIND DEAD with a misleading poster image making it seem like a knockoff of NIGHT OF THE LIVING DEAD .   RETUR...