Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #7*#

April 11, 2015, 12:43:39 AM

It's gimmick time once again... I do not recall buying this poster at all, but must have or else why is it in my photobucket account? It's just my type of poster---a cool horror double feature ("WITCHCRAFT" and "THE HORROR OF IT ALL") complemented by a super cool theater gimmick, the Witch Deflector! Zowie!  I want one.  Only the Witch Deflector can save you from the eerie web of the unknown! Jeepers! Why don't they have more gimmicks like that today?  On another note, I find it funny that Mr. Goody Two Shoes, Pat Boone is the star of the 2nd billed horror movie! Ha!





Speaking of my fondness for movie gimmicks, you know I have to be a fan of Mr. Gimmick himself, William Castle. I have MOST of the posters for his horror films (the impossible dream being "House on Haunted Hill"...sigh...). I finally scored "I SAW WHAT YOU DID" sometime over the last few years. As far as I can tell, this title was fairly gimmick free...other than screaming that the film dealt with the freaky and ominous sounding "uxoricide" (which is the act of a man killing his wife). SHOCKING!!!




Then, for those who think young and naughty, comes this mid-60s early nudie cutie "SINderella and the Golden Bra"! HA!!! Too funny. I couldn't resist. The movie is out on DVD from Something Weird Video--and I have it, just have not gotten around to watching it yet. I just have a feeling it will never be as good as the groovy poster promises.





Okay, NOT a real "Beach Party" movie, but looks like a fun knock off anyway, I picked this up because I had never heard of it, the ad copy was fun and it stars Joy Harmon (the giant blonde with super-sized cleavage clutching that normal-sized country bumpkin character on the "Village of the Giants" one sheet). Zowie! Whatever happened to her? Anyway, here she is in "ONE WAY WAHINE"!





During the last few years, I also branched out and scored two posters for old serials. Here is "Blazing the Overland Trail" chapter 6:





and "The Great Adventures of Captain Kidd" chapter 3.  It's kind of funny that it never occurred to me there would be posters for the serials. D'oh!  Glad to learn there are...





I also started branching out and getting a few foreign posters--though not anything as nice as the beautiful pieces I've seen on here. Aside from the few Mexican posters I shared on my introduction page at the request of "Deke Thornton", I got this old peplum poster for one of the flicks that starred Ed Fury! It's a Yugoslavian poster for "GOLIATH AGAINST THE GIANTS".





"Guess What Happened To Count Dracula" is a movie you've probably never heard of, despite the awesome poster. Oh man, the movie is B-O-R-I-N-G!!!  Aside from the poster, the only redeeming thing about it was a look into the famous Magic Castle magicians' club in Hollywood circa the mid-70s. But sometimes the best posters happen to the worst movies--this is one of those times:





Rounding out this post are two vintage horror posters. The first is the low budget drive in flick "Hands of a Strangler":





followed by the psychedelically weird poster for a truly awful (and boring) flick called "Dr. Tarr's Torture Dungeon"! Again, the best thing about it is the poster!





That's it for now. Until next time,kiddies... CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this