Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #5*#

April 09, 2015, 04:28:02 PM

Okay--quickly, here are 10 more random blasts from my collection past from the last 3 years or so (since I started posting my then-latest acquisitions on photobucket for the long lost poster collector thread on Fanbolt). This time I am avoiding some of the junk...and only posting things I still am thrilled with.

In no particular order...

First up is "CINDERELLA"...a non-Disney,live action import kiddie matinee from Childhood Productions in Storybook Color and "never before shown anywhere" (except whatever country it was imported from). I've previously mentioned my interest in the whole kiddie matinee thang from the  60s and early 70s. I've never seen this flick, but guessing it is just awful and kids forced to go see this dreck were probably bored to tears. Ha! Whatever the movie is like, I love the colorful poster.





From the 1950s it's "CIRCUS GIRL". I've never seen this flick either---never even heard of it until I came across the poster,actually. I'm sure it's worth nothing,but the artwork is pretty nifty.





It's grindhouse/exploitation time again with the one sheet for the sleazy "HOUSE OF WHIPCORD"! Wow! The poster is sadistically stunning. The movie isn't great--and, as I recall,pretty grueling (spoiler: the young woman you think is the star gets killed half way into the flick! Shocker!). Brilliant exploitative art though.





I'll never have a "KING KONG" from its original release. I've accepted that. My goal is one from the 1950s re-release. (Someday...) In the mean time, I have this 1960s (?) international re-release poster. It's not exactly what I want, but for now--it's "KONG"! I'll take it.





I've never seen "PSYCHO CIRCUS". It's probably crap...but what a cool poster!





In my pursuit of post-"Night of the Living Dead" zombie titles, "GARDEN OF THE DEAD" seemed to always be just beyond my grasp for one reason or another for the longest time. Not a great movie by any means and not a brilliant poster either (and this certainly is not the best possible photo of it either)... but I dig it and am thrilled it's mine finally. Filmed in DEAD COLOR!!!  Zowie!





I am not sure this photo is of my "ILSA SHE-WOLF OF THE SS" poster or not. It seems a little too mint-y and I could have sworn I got my copy back before I started keeping record on photobucket. Hmm. Whatever...I have it in photobucket, so I'll post it here as I do have one. The first "Ilsa" flick (there were 4 altogether) could very well be the best nazisploitation flick of the bunch. Dyanne Thorne was awesome in the role. I had the pleasure of meeting her last year and she was so tiny, which is amazing because Ilsa seems so statuesque and such a powerful presence!





I love kitschy, bad movies...especially those no one remembers or knows about. Hot on the heels of his remake of "KING KONG" in the 70s, Dino DeLaurentis unleashed "WHITE BUFFALO", about a giant white buffalo in the old west. Hey, if it worked for giant apes, why not giant buffalo as well? WRONG! This movie came and went so fast and is rather obscure today. I didn't get to see it myself until the VHS era. What a turd. Fun-ish poster though.





Rounding out the last two for this post, I turn to two obscure shockers from the 70s. The first stars Klaus Kinski in yet another retelling of "JACK THE RIPPER" by cult euro-sleaze director Jess Franco.





The last is for something called "SAVAGE INTRUDER" that I'd love to see. It has a great list of old Hollywood people in it, such as Miriam Hopkins, Gale Sondergaard (who was the first choice to play the Wicked Witch of the West in "The Wizard of Oz" before being deemed "too glamorous"), and one-time Stooge Joe Besser! But I like the wild checkerboard tunnel effect and the creepy guy reaching out and surrounding the victims a lot. Another "nothing" poster, but it is kind of cool.





That's it until next time.  CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this