Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #11*#

(More recreations from my "lost" AllPosterForum thread)

April 28, 2015, 06:26:45 PM 


I don't know for sure that the whipped cream scene was in "Blazing Stewardesses", but do know that was one of the two films playing at the drive in that night (and it obviously had the title that resonated with me). Just looking at the poster though,it's kind of strange seeing names like Yvonne DeCarlo and The Ritz Brothers (only 2 of them left apparently---and their first film in more than 30 years!!!) in a movie that screams out youthful sexual shenanigans (all of those stewardess movies of the 70s were T&A flicks for the most part, weren't they?).  Again, I never saw the movie completely---just bits and pieces out of the rear window of the car.

Thank you also for the belated birthday wishes. It turned out to be the best,most amazing birthday ever. As for limiting myself to a bucket list, well...let's just say before I hit 50, I greatly expanded the perimeters of that list. Ha! As for those bids I put in before leaving, ZOWIE! I have a plethora of new posters to share. I got some jewels, some bucket list wants and some "eh" posters as well. I'll do 10 as usual and save the others for later. Here they are in no particular order:


Here we go-go....


This first photo may look familiar to those who peruse the "for sale/auction/trade" thread. Yes, in my pre-50th birthday buying frenzy,I bought Steven11788's original 2012 and 2013 re-release posters for "Halloween" for the rather princely sum he was asking for them. Ouch! But they're mine now. I will blame it on temporary middle aged insanity. (But the real truth is I'm nothing but a poster whore...who had his tax refund in the bank. Ha!)






"Wild Wheels"--I know nothing about this poster. It was just cheap and got snatched up in my whirlwind buying frenzy....






I already mentioned digging those old "Hercules"/sword and sandal/peplum flicks from the late 50s and early 60s. Here is the one sheet for Steve Reeves' "The Trojan Horse" (interesting,action-packed poster, but I found the flick kind of a cure for insomnia... Ha!).





"Savage Season"???  Huh? Never heard of it, although it stars Ron Harper from the "Planet of the Apes" TV series and "Land of the Lost"'s 3rd season (Uncle Jack)--but, huh? What was I thinking? It was $1. I was out of my head. Need I say more?





Ding! Ding! Ding!!  Another bucket list poster....the original "JAWS"!  I have the re-release, but always wanted the original! Zowie!!! Not the most pristine version, but I'm happy to have it. Bite me!





"Werewolf of Washington"?  Cheesy. Have you ever seen this flick? I have. It's laughably stupid. Why'd I buy the poster? Because it was there...





"TERRIFIED"---Crappy creaky low budget old movie, but what a cool poster of a guy being buried alive! Zowie!





An Italian 70s re-release poster for "Son of Kong"---not the best art by far, but probably the closest I'll ever get to having any paper on this title. Waaagh!





"The Sexpert"... I have no idea what this flick is about (other than the obvious...it IS x-rated after all), but it ended up mine. Ha!





Finally, another bucket list surprise...the "I Drink Your Blood" / "I Eat Your Skin" double feature combo poster! Yowza!  Yes, it's in a bit rough condition, but still cool and I can't wait to frame it/hang it. I've wanted this for years!  Groovy!




And that's it for now!  Lots more to come.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this