Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #10*#

April 14, 2015, 01:14:03 AM

Wednesday is my 50th (Oh CRAP!) birthday (also Income Tax Day---sorry about that). I am heading for New Orleans for a week to celebrate (a place I have never been to). Except for a "bucket list" of posters I have written down, I plan to stop buying posters (as I have so many...) once I officially hit the big Five-Oh. So, I've been shopping like a fiend, have bids or snipes set up on several auctions,etc... all for those last-minute purchases before the big day.

My flight leaves tomorrow, so I thought I'd post one last flashback of purchases from the last few years. I'll post whatever I "bought" over the next few days when I get back.

In no particular order...


I just recently got the one sheet for "Dinosaurus!. I got this re-release combo poster a while back for "Dinosaurus!" and "The Blob". Sadly this is probably as close to getting an original "Blob" as I'll ever get. Darn it all...  but it's better than nothing (and I do like my combo posters):





"Silent Running"---classic sci-fi and incredible poster art. I can't believe I actually was lucky enough to get this:





"Blazing Stewardesses"--Oh my stars! I've never seen this movie properly, but I do remember when I was a kid my family went to the drive in. I don't recall what we were seeing, but I DO recall looking out the back window of our little blue Pinto (seriously!) at the screen behind us. Screen 1 (which was ginormous...at one time billed as the World's Largest Screen) had a stewardess double feature playing. I forget the title of one movie, but "Blazing Stewardesses" was definitely one of the features. All I remember was whipped cream being licked off of some woman's chest! Zowie! Scandalous, but to my little pre-pubescent eyes, it was mind-blowing. Had to get the poster. If nothing else, it has a great cheesy title!





"Rock Around the World"--I don't know anyone listed on the poster, but what cool art work. A 1950s guitar player rocking away in front of the planet. Very nifty!  I dig it.





I totally love this old school poster for "THE BLACK ZOO". The lion attacking the fainting woman is just classic. Very cool.





Here's a bit of obscure 80s horror---"The Mutilator"!  By sword, by pick, by axe...bye bye!  Ha! Gotta love that tag line. I actually saw this in the theater. Ha!






The picture they said could never be shown... Not a great poster by any means, "Snuff" had an ingenious ad campaign when it came out. The fake protests for publicity that soon became a national outcry. Zowie! People who had never even seen the movie got caught up in the frenzy and picketed theaters showing it...only making the curious rush out to see it! I wanted to see that movie soooo bad. Years later when I finally did--it was crap, of course. But the memory of exploitation brilliantly played is forever instilled in the poster---a film that could only be made in South America--where life is cheap!





BLOOD-CURDLING! HAIR-RAISING! SPINE-CHILLING!  Eeeek!  It's "The Horrors of Spider Island". Wow! Cool poster--love it.





Here is another blast from the B-Movie past, "ATOM AGE VAMPIRE"!!! I'm sure the movie is schlocky as heck, but you gotta like the fab-o-rama old school poster.





The 10th and final poster-a-go-go for the night is another B-Movie beauty, "TORMENTED". Wow!





That's it for tonight. Fingers crossed I win a lot over the next few days (I just have NO IDEA how I'll pay for it all. Ha!)

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this