Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION #8*#

April 11, 2015, 02:12:46 AM


H. G. Lewis, the Godfather of Gore, strikes again with "The Gore Gore Girls"!!!  Although this is a rather lack-luster poster for one of Lewis' more sensational horror/gore flicks, I am THRILLED to have it. I've got about 4 more of his horror titles left to collect, but he has a lot of other zany exploitation flicks out there with poster as well.





Here is yet another example of the poster being far better than the movie itself..."THE FOREST"! It's a horror, alright...a horror to have to sit through. SNORE!  Such a turd, but an amazingly effective poster!






Yet another example of my blaxploitation horror collection, "SCREAM BLACULA SCREAM"!  In an interesting side note, after Blacula (William Marshall) hung up his fangs, he was the (2nd) King of Cartoons on "Pee Wee's Playhouse" in the 80s. Ha!





Here are two more sword & sandal era epics, "Hercules Against the Moon Men" is a great poster and one of the more wonky movies of the period. I liked these films, but I especially loved the ones that involved witches,magic, etc. They were far more inventive and imaginative. I know I bought the poster, but do not know why this photo is in my photobucket instead of the poster and this is clearly a pristine example and mine is obviously folded and theater used. Hmm...





The other is "Sandokan the Great"--not a gladiator flick, but another one on the fringe. This one stars Steve "Hercules" Reeves and was made at the tail end of the era before Italy went gung-ho for the Spaghetti Westerns.





Here is another of the great William Castle's one sheets. This is for the Joan Crawford vehicle "STRAIT JACKET"!!!  Again, this one did not apparently have a gimmick (no "coward's corner" as in "Homicidal", no Emergo as in "House on Haunted Hill", no death by fright burial insurance as with "Macabre", etc.). I have heard vague rumors that audience goers were given free little cardboard axes. Ha! That could have been fun.





Another gimmick appears on the one sheet for "The Magic Face". Columbia Pictures will pay you $10,000 if you can prove the story (something about Hitler being alive!?!) is not true! Zowie! I think the offer is as yet unclaimed. Maybe we should look into this...





Two more gimmicks---3D flicks from the 80s--are evident in the one sheet for the Dino DeLaurentis produced "Amityville 3D" 





and the British quad for "Treasure of the Four Crowns" (and, I've seen the film several times...I only count three crowns in it. WHERE is the 4th???):





The 10th and final poster for this posting is the one sheet for the 1948 thriller "DISASTER". I had never heard of this until I encountered the half sheet at a flea market (it has completely different art, with people standing around big piles of rubble,etc.). I love disaster films, but have yet been able to track this curiosity down. Great old-school art though! This is NOT my copy, but an image borrowed from eMovie.



Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #8

  And, what!?! We're B-A-C-K!!! That was...quick. (It just seems that way as I delayed the previous post until I finished my write up on my Something Weird Video adrventure, which I had linked to the page. I've already been working on this one for several weeks.) Truth be told, though, about half of these became mine in a 12 hour period. It is no secret that I am now disabled. I live on a VERY modest income with very little in the bank to fall back on. There is a saying, "You can't take it with you." There should also be a saying that says "You can't enjoy it if you don't have it." That seemed to have been my mindset during a recent eMovieposter auction. Despite the fact that everything was on linen--there were so many titles I wanted. Things were fairly cheap...until the very end. But... Geez! Dipping into my meager savings was... EXTREMELY STUPID and FOOLISH.  But, it happened. Let's take a look: PRO BALL CHEERLEADERS: What the hell is this