Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #4*#



Welcome back to another thrilling, chilling and totally lack-luster (snore...) edition of the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show!  Don't get too comfortable. You won't be here too long. There's not much to see.  I'm trying to NOT buy anything major as I am saving (Ha!) for a proposed trip to Europe next spring. I also have less and less time to shop. So--this edition is strictly BARGAIN BASEMENT offerings. 

Let's begin, shall we? 

THE DIARY OF ANNE FRANK:

Why the hell did I buy THIS!?! I am asking myself the same thing. NOT because of the title, but because of the annoying censor mark in the upper right hand corner I didn't see (I had to bid on my phone as I was in Washington visiting family at the time). GRRR! I HATE that---but it's too late now. Censor stamp aside, I bought this because--although I've never seen the flick--I played Otto Frank (Anne's father) in a high school production of this. Since then, the Anne Frank story has always resonated with me. I've even visited the Anne Frank "house" (hiding place) in Amsterdam. So, when i saw the poster going super cheap, I bid... Oops.




THE PIRATE MOVIE:

Don't I already have this...and several other copies of it as well? YES. Duh. This was part of a larger lot...  And I've never seen the flick!




VICTOR FRANKENSTEIN:

Another "never seen it" lot purchase. Whoopie...



DIVA:

Another flick I never saw. However, I do recall this movie when it was in the theaters. Something about it told me it would probably be very cool. Whether it was or not, I have no idea. Saw the poster and the memory of wanting to see it came back and I bought the poster. Is it worth tracking down?



PRIDE + PREJUDICE + ZOMBIES:

I had not read the book, but when this came out, I wanted to see it soooooo bad. What a dud and a complete flop-a-roo!  Another poster from the "lot"...



THE DEVIL AT 4 O'CLOCK:

I already have a copy of this, but saw this going cheaply and jumped on it. Frank Sinatra (who took second billing just so he could work with...) Spencer Tracy!  This is a super disaster flick in the Irwin Allen vein...BEFORE Irwin Allen was making disaster flicks or before disaster flicks were all the rage in the 70s! Fun volcano melodrama here.



GOOSEBUMPS:

I saw this--whoopie. This was just another from that same lot. And cheap.



CRIMSON PEAK:

Golly, remember before this movie came how this poster could set you back $20-$50 bucks? Or more? And now it turns up in a cheap-o-rama lot. Ha! Oh well.



KRAMPUS:

Here is another flick I had such high hopes for. Hmm. The best thing about it is this poster. 



THE CORPSE EATERS:

I already had one of these when I saw one for sale and bid on it. I've seen them in lots on emovie and I';m guessing that is where this came from. What I didn't realize at the time though, was that this copy had issues in the lower left area. Again, I was visiting family in Washington when I bid. I won and the seller approached me about upgrading to a better copy for another $25. ARGH! I debated that. Waste $26 for a crappy copy or fork over $51 for a great copy...of a poster I already have?  I spent the extra $25 because i figured eventual resale would be better with a nicer version. Oh well. Has anyone actually seen this flick? I have. It is available on DVD by some rinky dink company that apparently has the only known surviving copy of the film. It's nothing great at all and really deserves its obscurity. The best thing about it is the poster. Ha!





Okay kiddies, I told you this was a waste of your time. Go run out and play on the freeway or something fun like that. See you next time with even MORE Lame-O-Rama poster goodies you could probably do withOUT seeing.

CHEERS!



Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r