Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 71*#

December 12, 2015, 07:36:11 PM 

Hi there. Here is another quickie post...

First, that interview about my poster collecting experience that was used to promote the new poster book disappeared (other stuff is there now). Luckily, I tracked it down. Here is the corrected link:

http://scoop.previewsworld.com/Home/4/1/73/1017?articleID=171803

Anyway, here's 10 more new ones (to me). I've only got a few posts left... At the beginning of the year I am planning on taking the year more or less off (allowing myself only one visit a month). It's a plan to A) save money and B) focus on "possible dreams" bucket list posters. I'll explain more later.

Anyway--on with the posters:

PIRANHA 3D (Quad):

I dig my JAWS ripoffs. I also dig my gimmick/3D flicks. While I already have the US one sheet, it was very different than this quad (which was inexpensive). SOLD! (And i'm sure Steve will notice the bikini top in the water... Ha!)




PIRANHA 3DD (Quad):

Event though I was fortunate enough to "win" Crazy Vick's copy of the one sheet for PIRANHA 3DD in an emovie auction not too long back, I came upon this quad (almost identical to the one sheet) when I found the PIRANHA 3D quad. So--to have the pair in quad form (since i have a pair in one sheet form), i went for it. I still have not seen the movie though. I have it on Blu Ray 3D, but need the bluray 3D player and a 3D TV first. Argh!




THE TRIUMPH OF HERCULES (Spanish):

Not long ago, I accidentally bought three pressbooks that I mistook for posters (I was dealing with an Italian dealer. OOPS! My bad.). The pressbook for this was among them, so when i came across the poster...which was cheap-ish...I just got it. I dig my Hercules movies.




GLADIATOR OF ROME (aka EL RETURNO DE MACISTE) (Spanish):

Another "Hercules" movie (well, without Hercules---but i call all of these type of flicks "Hercules movies"). Great depiction of Gordon Scott (the first movie Tarzan in color) as Maciste or whoever the GLADIATOR OF ROME translated into. But with his legs the way they are, it almost looks like he has to go to the bathroom. I don't suppose there are pee breaks in battle?




JUNGLE DRUMS:

I already have a copy of this poster...and it's just gorgeous! When I saw another one for very little cash, i snapped it up (Argh! Why do I do that?). This serial poster stars the LONE RANGER Clay(ton) Moore and TV's original Lois Lane (first season) Phyllis Coates




JUNGLE HEADHUNTERS:

Zowie! SEE HUMAN HEADS SHRUNK TO THE SIZE OF BASEBALLS!?! Who wouldn't want a poster like this in their living room? I'm not sure what this movie is...a drama or documentary, but...wow! what wonderful poster art (and from the wholesome 1950s? Really? AMAZING!).




INTO THE STORM (Quad):

Picked up this quad of the recent 3D disaster flick when I got the PIRANHA duo.




NIGHT OF A THOUSAND CATS (Spanish):

This is an awful movie--but also very funny if you are in the right mood, because it is sooooo STUPID. Ha! A rich guy flies around in a helicopter picking up women (in the park, from their apartment terraces, etc.) in the helicopter and then takes them back to his home in the jungle (!!). His house is this big, ancient stone ruins. (!?!) Hugo Stiglitz never struck me as much of a ladies man (must be the helicopter?), but he stars...as the demented killer. Once he has sex with the women, he kills them, keeps their heads in big glass jars...and feeds the rest of them to these feral stray cats he keeps trapped in this pit room in his house. WTF!? The US poster is much better, but I saw this Spanish one and thought I'd pick it up.




LADY FRANKENSTEIN (Belgian):

Cheesy and sleazy---but could have been so much better--is the Belgian poster for LADY FRANKENSTEIN. Nice use of color. No, this is not the one that was recently sold on eMovie...but I got it for just about the same price, maybe a tad cheaper?




ANGST DER VERLORENEN(German):

Last poster for today...and I have NO IDEA what ANGST is. I HOPE it's a movie poster though. I got this from the same German dealer I got the NEKROMANTIK poster from. Wild images...looks like it would be an interesting flick. (Update: It's a film called "FIEND" (1980). Here is the IMDB for it: 
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0080730/?ref_=nm_flmg_dr_6 ).



And that was it...  Ten super quick-o's!  Now I really must dash off!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r