Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 77

December 23, 2015, 11:56:30 AM

Okay---this could be it. This could be the LAST Shock-a-rama poster show of the year. There are auctions Thursday (but I work), Sunday, and in to next week. If I get something, I suppose I can do another quick post---or wait until my once-a-month posts in 2016.

Okay--here are the last of the posters (unless I get a few more). There are only 9 of them, instead of the full 10 I usually do.  These first three are not all that spectacular---certainly not climax-worthy---but I got them last night...and they're not too shabby. I dig them anyway. Two were on emovie, the other was just something I picked up. I totally forgot about the emovie auction until near the very end. Dang!  oh well...I guess I saved some money? Ha!


TERROR aka DELIRIUM HOUSE (Italian):

Like the others I got in the last few postings, I just picked this up as it was inexpensive and interesting. I had no idea what DELIRIUM HOUSE could be---and it took a while before I tracked it down on IMDB as TERROR. Nice artwork--that was the draw. Interesting British flick though...at least I think i am remembering the right flick. I wish the US one sheet had utilized the ad slick, which , as i recall had the title being skewered. Ha!





WOMEN'S PRISON MASSACRE (Argentinean):


It looks like this might have been an EMMANUELLE film? Laura Gemser stars, so... I liked the exploitative women in prison art--nicely done--with the sexy EMMANUELLE silhouette in the center. This auction marked the first Argentinean posters in my collection).





MOM AND DAD, GLEN OR GLENDA? and THIRD SEX (Argentinean triple feature):

WoW! Wow! WOW!!!  Someone had one of these posted elsewhere a while back and I loved it. Despite it being in Spanish, I really dig this triple feature of quasi-sex ed films...one of which is the Ed Wood classic!  Zowie!!! I just realized! I finally have some Ed Wood paper!  WHOO HOO! very COOL!





THE BLACK GESTAPO


Jinkies!  I am so thrilled about this one too. My blaxploitation collection has mostly been the blaxploitation horror titles (BLACULA, DR BLACK & MR HYDE, etc.). But the other blaxploitation titles have always tempted me. I have bid, but usually get outbid. The poster for THE BLACK GESTAPO has always been my favorite. Sure, i'd love a SUPER FLY or a SLAUGHTER or a COFFY---but BLACK GESTAPO is THE (non-horror) blaxploitation poster in my opinion. Yowza!  Love it. I had the flick on video back in the vhs days. Ha!  I love my trash--and this is great trash.




GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER (aka GODZILLA RAIDS AGAIN or GODZILLA 2):


Oh my STARS!!!!  You may remember reading in my thread about my big lament over selling (for next to nothing) my GIGANTIS THE FIRE MONSTER and LAST HOUSE ON THE LEFT (original) years ago. With the end of the year approaching, I was stunned to see BOTH GIGANTIS and LAST HOUSE up for sale on an emovie auction. i thought this was a sign--and my chance--to get both posters once again. Hooray!  I won GIGANTIS (and it is a better copy than my original) but the LAST HOUSE went all kinds of crazy price-wise and I let it go... Oh well. GIGANTIS once again!  That's groovy enough for now. HOORAY!!!!





ZOMBIE (aka ZOMBI 2) (Italian):

Man, o' man! Am I thrilled-o-rama to get this! I had NEVER seen this ZOMBI 2 poster before---ever!  It's an original Italian poster...and I got it for under $35. CRAZY! And AWESOME!  ultra rare for sure. WOW!!!!!!!




STAR WARS, THE EMPIRE STRIKES BACK and RETURN OF THE JEDI (British re-release combo quad):

While I'm not into the whole STAR WARS thing, I stumbled upon this British quad of the original trilogy playing all together and thought I should get it. It's got to be worth more than i paid for it. People are all crazy about STAR WARS--especially right now! And--I actually LIKE this poster. Cool.





THE DISEMBODIED:


Oooo...love my B-movie horror flicks!  This one has such great imagery---a skull, a scantily clad woman performing voodoo rites, and cool spooky lettering. Allison (the 50ft Woman herself) Hayes stars! Zowie!





MIGHTY JOE YOUNG (1953 re-release):


I know this is a re-release poster, but what an awesome poster it is---KING KONG's cousin MIGHTY JOE YOUNG!!!  WOW! I've wanted a MJY poster forever as well. Whoo hoo!




Anyway, that may very well be the LAST of the Shock-A-Rama Poster Shows until my once-a-month visits starting in 2016. I will do at least ONE more post this year telling you my plans for next year---and there may be a poster or two to share then. We'll see.

Until then, have a super duper Merry Christmas and a cha-cha-cha groovy New Year!

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r