Skip to main content

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2018 #3*#

It's poster time again and...ho hum. Do I really have anything worth looking at? Not this time. But here are ten new ones (to me) if you want to waste some time taking a gander.

WINCHESTER (ADVANCE):
"WINCHESTER" was not a great movie. It was ho-hum horror at its best. However, i am familiar with the Winchester Mystery house, having been several times and having lived near it as a small child. I had to see the movie. I also decided to get the poster. Of the two styles, I opted for this one--which showcases the house instead of Mrs. Winchester (Helen Mirren). But really--nothing exciting here.


STAR WARS 2: ATTACK OF THE CLONES (TEASER):
I am not a STAR WARS fan, but if something Star Wars-y comes along at a decent price, I'll buy it as I know how the prices on Star Wars stuff can get. End of story, one this really.


STAR WARS 3: REVENGE OF THE SITH (TEASER):
See above--although, since these were both inexpensive, I probably made a bad call? I know fans do not like the new "first 3" movies. I saw the first one (with Jar Jar Binks)--and avoided parts 2 & 3.


THE MAN FROM HONG KONG (British Quad):
No idea what this is. It came with the poster below it in one lot.


ROLLERCOASTER (British One sheet):
I have a soft spot in my heart for this thriller. One of only 4 films ever released in the great gimmick SENSURROUND, I have the two US styles of one sheets as well as an early publicity style with different art work (which was also used on the novelization). I had not seen this style of art before. While it's not all that interesting, I still went for it. Why not?


JAWS 2 (Shark Facts):
I was in Washington the last two weeks visiting family. All I had to "shop" with was my phone. GRR! I WISH I had a larger screen to better see this image and the missing paper in the upper and lower corners. I'd have passed on this. However, I didn't see them until it was too late and after I had spent far more money on this poster than I should have. Drat! It IS a rare style and i did not have one before...but I'd have rather waited and gotten a better copy. Drat.


THE MUMMY ASSASSINS (? Mexican):
I have no idea what this is---but it looks like a silly mummy movie from south of the biorder--I'm sure it's awesomely awful-fabulous! 


CHROME AND HOT LEATHER:
No idea about this movie---but I've seen the poster go pretty high some times. Why? No idea---but when the chance to get a copy came up---I went for it. Why not?


BLADE RUNNER 2049 (ADVANCE):
Just a better copy than the one I already have.



CAGED VIRGINS:
The best thing about this movie is its exploitative poster. I've seen this flick--quite a while back. NOTHING like the scene depicted ever happens. It may be a "Harry Novak" production, but it's a weird Jean Rollin film. Wonderful grindhouse sleaze....I couldn't resist.


That's it. I told you there wasn't much to see.,

Thanks for taking a look anyway.

CHEERS!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r