Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 79

December 31, 2015, 01:29:23 AM

Hi there. Here is another batch of recent posters---all nice, but things I really could have lived without (well, the last three I may have "needed". Hmm.) Yikes!  I am running out of days. I'll need to post a few more tomorrow along with my plans for 2016.

Okay--here are the posters:


ROBIN HOOD: MEN IN TIGHTS:


Did I need this? No. But I am reasonably sure I have all of the Mel Brooks posters from BLAZING SADDLES or YOUNG FRANKENSTEIN (whichever came first) onward. I don't have anything before then (i.e. THE PRODUCERS) though. I probably have this already, but just to be sure...  And why did I feel the need to be a Mel Brooks completest suddenly? Hmm...





MAN FROM U.N.C.L.E.:

I know this was a big box office dud...but I heard it was good (?), I kind of want to see it and the stark red and blue hues in the poster really grabbed my attention.





RETURN TO HORROR HIGH:

I remember going to see this in the theater with something called MY DEMON LOVER. MY DEMON LOVER played first, and for one reason or another, my date andI never saw the 2nd feature (I'll leave just WHY to your imagination. Ha!). I've always wanted to see it though because, of the two movies, that was the one I really wanted to see. Ha! Oh well... I have to poster to taunt me now until I finally DO see the flick.





SOLE SURVIVOR:

Never saw this movie, but I've seen the poster now and again. It's interesting...so I finally got one.





THE OTHER SIDE OF MADNESS:

A creepy Charles Manson exploitation movie poster? Zowie!  Every cheesy poster collector in my age bracket should have at least one.





PREDATOR:

Just because it's a cult classic and inspired a series. I'll go ahead and get this first poster, but I'll pass on the sequels.





RISKY BUSINESS:

I saw this movie (in the theaters) way, way after everyone else did. It was a huge hit and my expectations for it were very high because of it. When I finally saw it, I was utterly disappointed. BUT, when I bid on this classic 80s poster, despite my lack of feelings for the movie, I was stunned to learn that this image---which I had always assumed was an early photoshop thing (since I never bothered to look at it that closely)--was actually a painting by Struzan! Looking at it more closely, I can see that now. Wow!




TIME TRAVELERS:

I've never seen this flick, but the poster is cool and always seems to escape my bidding grasp===until now. Whoo hoo!





RARE EXPORTS:

I've been curious about this Christmas horror (?) flick for some time. i should just buy it perhaps? Hmm.




IN LIKE FLINT:

Although the first FLINT movie is better, I am thrilled to FINALLY get a FLINT poster!  After the Bond flicks but before the MATT HELM flicks, I dig my FLINT films! Super happy to finally have a poster for one. Yahoo.




I have others that I MUST post tomorrow since tomorrow is the last day of 2015. Where has the year gone?

See you tomorrow.

Cheers!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r