Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 80

December 31, 2015, 12:04:05 PM 

Okay, here it is the LAST day of the year and this is my LAST post on my thread (I may visit some of the other threads before the day is out...) before my self-imposed absence from APF starts. As I've been saying, I am leaving because--since joining--movie posters have consumed all of my energy (and wallet)--especially towards the end of the year. I maxed out my credit cards buying posters because I knew I was going to sell my house. After selling the house and paying off the cards, here I am spending my meager profits on the house (which I still need to pay taxes on--eeek!), because I am only giving myself until the end of the year to shop without guidelines. Starting at midnight tonight, I really need to stop being so poster happy and buying nearly everything I see that amuses me. NO. I need to focus on my bucket list of "possible dreams" (I won't even attempt the impossible ones...like any original Universal posters...) and SAVE $$$ for the higher-priced items on my list.

That's NOT to say I won't be checking in. I plan to visit about once a month, around the 15th or so (that works out great because that will mean I only have to go 2 weeks without APF at the beginning, instead of going cold turkey for a full month!).  And if anyone wants to reach me (even anyone I've never communicated with before) between my visits, all you need to do is send me a PM or (preferably--so I don't have to come back to the site to reply) an email. I'll post my purchases (if any) when I do check in as well.

I kind of want to limit myself to just 13 searches...12 main searches (I figured one for each month of the year was good enough. The 13 is sort of a catch all... I'll explain below). While my bucket list is large, these lucky 13 are a good way to help me stay focused. If I get one, I can add in a new search.

Here they are (if you are curious):

1. THE UNDEAD


2.  The AZTEC MUMMY series (Mexico)


3. THE BLOB (original)


4. THE BIRDS


5. HOUSE ON HAUNTED HILL (original)


6.  BATMAN (60s)


7.   I WALKED WITH A ZOMBIE (original release)


8. THE BODY SNATCHERS (original release)


9. vintage 3D posters


10.  BLACKENSTEIN / BLACK FRANKENSTEIN


11. Andy Milligan horror titles I don't have (GURU THE MAD MONK, THE BODY BENEATH, etc.)


12. HG LEWIS horror titles I don't have yet (COLOR ME BLOOD RED, WIZARD OF GORE)

13. Anything needed to finish off a series I've started (i.e. OLGA'S GIRLS, LA CASA 6, PLANET OF THE APES (original), EVIL DEAD (Thai), etc .GOLDFINGER/DR. NO combo re-release poster, etc.)

I got so many things from my bucket list this past year. It's really been a good poster year. If I only get ONE thing from this list in the coming year, I won't be disappointed.

Which means that after today I will NOT be bidding on anything that is not on my list (so--eeek!  I need to make my last minute bids on all future emovie auctions up and running and put in all of my snipes for Heritage right away! Today is my last chance and i think i can snipe this week's, next week's and part of the big March auction on Heritage...and will try to bid on emovie's auctions for next Thursday later tonight... ) I'll undoubtedly land a few titles in the coming days from those future auctions I'll bid on--and those I'll post when i visit.

In the mean time, here are the LAST (again) posters I have for the year, (If I do happen to buy any more between now and midnight, i'll share those when I visit as well).


KILLING BIRDS (Italian):

I've had this for a while but it somehow never got posted. I thought it was interesting that this Italian poster's title is actually in English. KILLING BIRDS was released here (on DVD) as ZOMBIE 5: KILLING BIRDS. I have a copy and have seen it---but I've never really been sure how the ZOMBIE 5 label got stuck on it, since apparently in Italy it was NOT Zombi 5 either. Hmm





DAY OF THE BEAST:

I bought this because I am curious about this film. I almost bought this on DVD, but the dealer ran out of them and couldn't get more. There are others, but they have the title in Spanish on the DVD cover.  I know this is dumb but, because I know an English cover is available (like this English poster) I am holding out for that DVD version,. Anyone see this flick? Is it any good?




SUPER FLY:

The other day I got my long-time ultimate (non-horror)  Blaxploitation prize poster, THE BLACK GESTAPO. When I was writing about that beauty, I mentioned how it was my fave even more so than my 2nd fave (non-horror) blaxploitation title SUPER FLY. Imagine my delight when I ended up getting SUPER FLY as well!  OH MY STARS!!!! I am uber thrilled!.






THE HORRIBLE DR. HICHCOCK (Italian re-release):

I bought this ...and then noticed another copy for sale on emovie this week, I didn't pay that much for my copy...but it will be interesting to see how much the emovie one goes for. Did I get a bargain or not? Hmm.






THE LAST CANNIBAL WORLD (Italian):

I have been watching this poster for a while and decided to pick it up before my self-imposed poster buying rules go into effect. After 2015, I will probably never buy another foreign poster--except for the ones I need to complete certain series (LA CASA 6 Italian, EVIL DEAD Thai, etc.). I do like my cannibal flicks and already have the US one sheet for this...but why not on the original Italian version?





HELL TRAIN (Italian):

The dealer who sold me THE LAST CANNIBAL WORLD poster approached me about some other posters he had for sale. He had two nazisploitation titles I couldn't resist (original Italian releases). This was one of them. He also had this cool ILSA poster (Italian) that someone snatched away from me at the last second. oh well/ These are nice...in their own sleazy way.




DEPORTED WOMEN OF THE SS SPECIAL SECTION (Italian):

This is the other nazisploitation poster from the dealer. What an incredible find (for someone into trash like this...)





SS GIRLS (Italian):

Yikes! I am surprised this poster was actually ever printed.  It's almost offensive (and I apologize if it bothers you.). I saw this and realized this had to be rare...and bought it right away. The dealer had 4 copies, all in near-mint condition, all for about $25---a steal! I didn't realize it when I bought it, but this poster is for what was released here as SS GIRLS. The US one sheet for SS GIRLS was one of my very first posters I purchased at the beginning of the year. I thought getting this was an amazing coincidence now that the year is ending.  Anyway, with the disturbing image, near-mint condition, and the fact it was a nazisploitation title, I told myself I would go back and buy another copy to sell down the road...as it was too good of a deal (and so cheap!) not to. I had purchased the poster just before going to bed and the plan was to buy another first thing in the morning. I woke up several times thinking about it--but waited for morning. When I finally got up and went to get another I was stunned to see that the remaining three were already GONE! Yowza!  I was so lucky to get this one.





THE BLOOD OF DRACULA:


I was trying to decide which of my final remaining posters would be the best one to fade out with. I picked this one...even though it's yet another film I have (gasp!) never seen (at least i don't think I have). I have seen this pop up now and again---cool image of the vampire chick with the crazy eyebrow-esque hair that grows into her regular hair. What is that all about? Wild! Looks like a great B movie! What a great way to end the SHOCK-A-RAMA POSTER SHOW for 2015.






Anyway, I hope you all have a super groovilicious cha-cha awesome new year (and a fantastic Fake Jan Day on Jan. 2). May all of your poster dreams come true! I am anxious to see YOUR new additions when I get back!

I'll see you in a few weeks. HAPPY NEW YEAR!!!!

CHEERS!!!!!!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r