Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 72

December 13, 2015, 01:22:29 PM 

Okay, here is the latest post. Whoo hoo. The count down is on...for not only my final poster post of the year, but before I severely cut back on poster buying.

I'm writing this early with the hopes of posting it in the wee hours of the morning (California time) .



KING KONG (Spanish re-release):

Ooooo here is the iconic KING KONG poster image (that, I don't think was ever used as a US poster for release...even though everyone seems to think it was) on a Spanish language re-release poster. Let's give it up for the big ape. (Bruce from eMovie later educated me by commenting: It is on the ultra-rare 1938 re-release one-sheet, and then was used for the Portal Publication poster in the 1960s.)




KING KONG (German re-release):

AGAIN--the 8th Wonder of the World!  Here is a German re-release for KING KONG (which looks like it is called KING KONG AND THE WHITE WOMAN...or something like that...in Germany. ha!). Not the best KONG poster ever..but still KONG!!!!




KING KONG ESCAPES (Italian):

If you are reading this, it means that I DID score my last minute KONG addition in a late-night auction. UGH! (I'm probably super tired). This is the Italian poster for KING KONG ESCAPES. Not the most exciting sequel not the most exciting poster---but it's still KONG!!!!!!




KING KONG (Italian re-release):

Here is my biggest KONG coup since the summer...the Italian 1960s re-release poster. Fabulous!  LOVE the color in this... This is NOT the one that was recently on eMovie. That one went for big bucks. This cost less than half of that one--thank goodness--and it was great to get it. (This was the 2nd favorite KONG after my 1956 re-release. LOVE IT!)




HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (British quad 1950s re-release):

This is not the one that sold on Heritage Auctions. I thought I had WON that one for some reason, but when the auction ended, it was NOT me that had won it. OOPS!  Almost immediately afterwards i noticed this one for sale overseas. It seemed to be the same price., SOLD!  It was only when i went to pay for it that i realized my blunder. While the euro is pretty much equalt to a dollar, this poster's price was in pounds...which meant I had to cough up about $100 MORE that the Heritage poster went for. ARGH!  So not cool...but cool-ish poster.




THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN:

OH MY STARS!!!!  I can not believe that I have a TARZAN poster from the silent era!  Okay--I KNOW there were talkies/sound in 1935 (Hello? KING KONG was 1933 and that is all over this post). But THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN was first a silent serial...and then edited down for a silent feature, which this poster is for. Hermann Brix (who later changed his name to Bruce Bennett and had a very nice Hollywood career) stars. This isn't as exciting as an Elmo Lincoln TARZAN, for sure...but the oldest I've had to this point was one of the Lesser (as in Sol Lesser) Tarzan re-releases, TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY, which was one of the final (of 12) Tarzan's Johnny Weissmuller did. Golly.




VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED and CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (re-release combo):

Sorry to have to use an eMovie picture (not my poster), but the dealer i am buying this from directly didn't send me a picture. i know what it looks like and i totally trust his near mint/uniused description as I have dealt with him many times before.  I don't have the one sheet for either movie---so this double feature re-release is an awesome find. YIPPIE!  Creepy movies with creepier kids. Beware their stare!!!




RE-ANIMATOR:

Wow!  I have wanted one of these for a long while. i have the other poster version (photo version)--but have wanted this cool art style one for a long while. it's harder to find. cool poster for a cool movie.




BARON BLOOD:

I've never seen the movie, but the poster has always intrigued me. Is this film any good? It's Mario Bava so it has to at least be visually stunning. Hmm.




THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO:

Oh my stars!  The poster for the supermarionation full-length feature is in the mail, heading my way, even as i write this. This is a dream come true. And, yes, the THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO...and I need to GO---to the bathroom and to bed!



Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 #12

  Hi there. Yes, I’m back again. Really, I was in a weird, crazed buying frenzy recently. I have enough posters for at least one and a half more posts… But I’ll try to pace myself and hold back a bit. These aren’t that exciting. Actually, neither is the next batch. The batch after that has one or two things I’m especially excited about, but we’ll have to see what trickles in to fill the rest of that post up. But I’m getting ahead of myself. We are on this post. Let’s take a gander at it,  shall we? I hope it won’t be too disappointing. Perhaps there’ll be a poster on here or two that you haven’t seen before. THE QUIET EARTH: While I think I’ve heard of this movie before, and I think I may have seen this poster before, I’m not quite sure. If I have seen this poster before, I don’t think I actually owned it. Like my last post, this has a few posters that were part of several lots. No, I am not posting all of the posters in the lots. Not all of them appealed to me. This one, thou...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2025 Special Edition #1

Welcome back to the Shock-O-Rama Poster Show . This is a special edition of the poster show. There are no new additions listed. This is about me trying to go through all of the rolled posters I did not have tucked away yet… And the disastrous mess it caused. Last spring, when I was recovering from my cancer surgery, I decided to go through all of the rolled posters I had in tubes that had not been tucked away into my flat files. Oh my God… What a foolish and disastrous undertaking this proved to be. (And I have the really awfully photographed documentation to prove it!) I soon had posters all over the place. In my living room in my TV room and in my dining room. There were posters everywhere. In addition to deciding, which posters to frame for future inclusion on my walls… As soon as I have some free wall, space… I purchased two of the poster-sized portfolios from Baroque Portfolios .  I threw in several posters. I knew these posters would never adorn my walls, because there’s only...

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2020 #25

  Welcome back and a big ho-ho-ho! It's my final poster post for the year. It's not a full listing of 10 posters as I usually do. There are only 8 listings (actually only 7 posters and 1 lot of vintage 3D glasses). Ha! I could have held off...but with the year winding down, I just thought I'd post what I've got and start working on 2021 (should I acquire anything between now and Dec. 31st, that is... Which is doubtful, looking ahead at my schedule). As per usual---for this year at least---there isn't really anything monumental in this batch (although one of the posters has been much sought after for a long while now). My move to Washington state has been delayed until next fall (and that is a long story), so I expect any 2021 posters to be less than spectacular as well (because I'll be wanting to save my pennies for the move---and I don't want to keep re-packing the mess that is my movie posters). Anyway, here's the latest and last batch for the year. Ta...