Skip to main content

Monster-A-GoGo's Shock-O-Rama Poster Show RECREATION # 72

December 13, 2015, 01:22:29 PM 

Okay, here is the latest post. Whoo hoo. The count down is on...for not only my final poster post of the year, but before I severely cut back on poster buying.

I'm writing this early with the hopes of posting it in the wee hours of the morning (California time) .



KING KONG (Spanish re-release):

Ooooo here is the iconic KING KONG poster image (that, I don't think was ever used as a US poster for release...even though everyone seems to think it was) on a Spanish language re-release poster. Let's give it up for the big ape. (Bruce from eMovie later educated me by commenting: It is on the ultra-rare 1938 re-release one-sheet, and then was used for the Portal Publication poster in the 1960s.)




KING KONG (German re-release):

AGAIN--the 8th Wonder of the World!  Here is a German re-release for KING KONG (which looks like it is called KING KONG AND THE WHITE WOMAN...or something like that...in Germany. ha!). Not the best KONG poster ever..but still KONG!!!!




KING KONG ESCAPES (Italian):

If you are reading this, it means that I DID score my last minute KONG addition in a late-night auction. UGH! (I'm probably super tired). This is the Italian poster for KING KONG ESCAPES. Not the most exciting sequel not the most exciting poster---but it's still KONG!!!!!!




KING KONG (Italian re-release):

Here is my biggest KONG coup since the summer...the Italian 1960s re-release poster. Fabulous!  LOVE the color in this... This is NOT the one that was recently on eMovie. That one went for big bucks. This cost less than half of that one--thank goodness--and it was great to get it. (This was the 2nd favorite KONG after my 1956 re-release. LOVE IT!)




HOUSE OF FRANKENSTEIN (British quad 1950s re-release):

This is not the one that sold on Heritage Auctions. I thought I had WON that one for some reason, but when the auction ended, it was NOT me that had won it. OOPS!  Almost immediately afterwards i noticed this one for sale overseas. It seemed to be the same price., SOLD!  It was only when i went to pay for it that i realized my blunder. While the euro is pretty much equalt to a dollar, this poster's price was in pounds...which meant I had to cough up about $100 MORE that the Heritage poster went for. ARGH!  So not cool...but cool-ish poster.




THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN:

OH MY STARS!!!!  I can not believe that I have a TARZAN poster from the silent era!  Okay--I KNOW there were talkies/sound in 1935 (Hello? KING KONG was 1933 and that is all over this post). But THE NEW ADVENTURES OF TARZAN was first a silent serial...and then edited down for a silent feature, which this poster is for. Hermann Brix (who later changed his name to Bruce Bennett and had a very nice Hollywood career) stars. This isn't as exciting as an Elmo Lincoln TARZAN, for sure...but the oldest I've had to this point was one of the Lesser (as in Sol Lesser) Tarzan re-releases, TARZAN'S DESERT MYSTERY, which was one of the final (of 12) Tarzan's Johnny Weissmuller did. Golly.




VILLAGE OF THE DAMNED and CHILDREN OF THE DAMNED (re-release combo):

Sorry to have to use an eMovie picture (not my poster), but the dealer i am buying this from directly didn't send me a picture. i know what it looks like and i totally trust his near mint/uniused description as I have dealt with him many times before.  I don't have the one sheet for either movie---so this double feature re-release is an awesome find. YIPPIE!  Creepy movies with creepier kids. Beware their stare!!!




RE-ANIMATOR:

Wow!  I have wanted one of these for a long while. i have the other poster version (photo version)--but have wanted this cool art style one for a long while. it's harder to find. cool poster for a cool movie.




BARON BLOOD:

I've never seen the movie, but the poster has always intrigued me. Is this film any good? It's Mario Bava so it has to at least be visually stunning. Hmm.




THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO:

Oh my stars!  The poster for the supermarionation full-length feature is in the mail, heading my way, even as i write this. This is a dream come true. And, yes, the THUNDERBIRDS ARE GO...and I need to GO---to the bathroom and to bed!



Good night!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023: #10

Welcome back! I certainly did NOT expect to have any further posts with new purchases this 2023 calendar year, but here we are. Granted, most of these are holdover purchases from my temporary poster-buying insanity in October. I’d expected those to be the foundation for whatever post I kicked off the new year with. But now? I had a few more pick ups… Why hold back? Let’s send 2023 out with a real BANG! Christmas came a little early this year. Uh oh… The lights are dimming. Take your seats. Let’s see what I have for you this time… GIRL IN GOLD BOOTS:  Not a great poster, but one I’ve been after for a while. This flick is an exploitationer from legendary B man Ted V. Mikels (CORPSE GRINDERS, ASTRO-ZOMBIES, BLOOD ORGY OF THE SHE-DEVILS, etc.). I saw it years ago. I don’t remember much other than that there is a girl (who wears gold go-go boots) who is a dancer (and maybe sings?) and is somehow involved in the criminal underworld. Like a lot of Mikels’ films…it doesn’t leave an indelible m

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #9

  Welcome! Get your tickets and take your seat.The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show is about to begin. I am still disabled and only getting worse…yet, uh, um…I’m spending money on my ADDICTION to posters that I really have NO BUSINESS doing. Why? Because I am STUPID. (But I LOVE staring at them…) Waaaaagh! Anyway—-my stupidity is your viewing pleasure (or however you want to term it…).  Here we go… THE LADY IN THE MORGUE (1942 RE-RELEASE) : This isn't something that I'd usually buy. I've never seen this old mystery/whodunit flick. Despite this being a re-release poster (The original, with completely different art, hails from 1938.), I decided to go ahead and buy this 81-year-old gem for several reasons. I like the monster-ish hands reaching in at the couple. I dig the purple/green color scheme. The old school font is awesome...and one of its co-stars is Barbara Pepper, who brilliantly played Mrs. Ziffel (Arnold the pig's "mom") on GREEN ACRES. Ha! The most important r

The Shock-O-Rama Poster Show 2023 #6

  And we're back... So soon? Well... Yes. I was naughty and bought a pair of poster lots again. No, I'm not going to post every single poster in the lots I bought. Many I already have. Many I could have done without. One batch (folded) was an OOPS. I thought I was bidding on a different lot. Ha! Dumb me. There really wasn't anything in it I was after. The other lot (rolled) only contained 2 items I wanted. Isn't that usually the case? But  I did find an item or two I didn't have and was mildly curious about. There were also some non-lot purchases as well this time.  But...I'm yammering. Let's just take a look, shall we?  B.C. ROCK: This is one of those "mildly curious" posters that happened to be in the rolled lot. This looks vaguely familiar but I never saw it. It seems to be some animated flick with a lot of music...and is R-rated.  Hmm.  What caught my eye was the caveman who seemed to be hanging on to this rather phallic-looking rock. WHAT? On